Sign in to follow this  
Tiny_Evil

SAVE FLINT!

11 comments in this topic

[HARB]
Players
22 posts
7,861 battles

after 10.0.0 with new captain skills... bye bye FLINT... with 11.3 km unacceptable

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,455 posts
23,139 battles
18 hours ago, Chaostemplar said:

after 10.0.0 with new captain skills... bye bye FLINT... with 11.3 km unacceptable

for tier 7 it's not good, especially after all the indirect nerfs to those types of ships

[-N5C-]
Players
245 posts
16,194 battles

Im quite sure they said both Atlanta and Flint would get 13km range as default with the new changes to captain skills. 

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
31 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

Im quite sure they said both Atlanta and Flint would get 13km range as default with the new changes to captain skills. 

The patch notes only mention the Atlanta getting the range buff.

• Cool 1

[-N5C-]
Players
245 posts
16,194 battles
26 minutes ago, rnat said:

The patch notes only mention the Atlanta getting the range buff.

Ah ok, of the two ships, Atlanta would be the one that would be ok with 11km range (if you hunt dd's, it's a bigger chance you get undetected after the kill, since your concealment is 11km instead of 13 after firing your guns).

[VIBES]
Players
845 posts
20,155 battles
23 hours ago, Nit0 said:

I'm looking at the extended tech tree right now.

The Atlanta has 13.3 km stock range, the Flint has 11.1 km stock range. I was going to get her for coal, but I guess that's out the window until they remember to buff her range as well.

I mean, I know the Flint has smoke, but 11.1 is likely unworkable, and I can't find a cruiser skill that would increase it like AFT used to.

• Cool 1

[-N5C-]
Players
245 posts
16,194 battles
31 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

I'm looking at the extended tech tree right now.

The Atlanta has 13.3 km stock range, the Flint has 11.1 km stock range. I was going to get her for coal, but I guess that's out the window until they remember to buff her range as well.

I mean, I know the Flint has smoke, but 11.1 is likely unworkable, and I can't find a cruiser skill that would increase it like AFT used to.

I agree, I wouldn't spend coal on it with only 11km range. Hopefully it's overlooked, and not intended.

• Cool 1

Players
2,130 posts

Flint used to be such a prestigious ranked reward back in the day. Then it was made available for steel that every potato could get it without real effort. This wasn't enough, it was degraded to a potato + onion ship by making it available for coal, so even co-op players could easily farm it. And as final stage, they made it unplayable with a commander skill rework. What a pitiful career for the once mighty bane of tier 7.

• Cool 2

[-RNR-]
Players
1,242 posts

The thing is Atlanta is on sale for money hence the buff or no one would buy it, the Flint however is now for Coal so basically WG don't worship Coal so Flint gets the Finger and some BS about reviewing it. One of the annoying things things is the St Louis at T-3 now outranges her. I'm baffled why Wargaming seem to think P!ss!ng customers off is a sound business plan, Gotta Be a Russian Thing :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,468 posts
3,994 battles

I read a text from Wargaming the other day - think it was in the general news article about update 0.10 - where they stated that they are going to keep a special eye on the Flint and the Smolensk in the months to come. Presumably they intend to evaluate how the new skill system will affect these two ships in particular, and what further adjustments - if any - might be called for with regards to them.

If you ask me to take a guess, the most likely change to be implemented is for the Flint to receive the same range upgrade as the Atlanta. It would make a lot of sense. The reason why they've decided to wait a bit might be that the smoke consumable makes the Flint perhaps a little less hard hit by the loss of the Advanced Firing Training skill - but again, this is just guesswork on my part. Whatever the case may be, my advice would be to wait a few months and see what change - if any - might be coming the Flint's way.

(As for what Wargaming might be planning for the Smolensk, I don't have a clue. She lost out on her gloriously filthy 19 km range, but let's be honest: She never really needed that. She's still a strong ship; especially considering the fact that she is one of very few ships that can use the new "Heavy HE and SAP Shells" skill without a penalty to her concealment.)

[ALYEN]
Players
2,568 posts
4,334 battles

What do you know ... I have seen somebody in General or Current update forum COMPLAIN about Atlanta having too much range ... go figure ....

Sign in to follow this