Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gebbly

Steam player numbers?

3 comments in this topic

[FMJ]
Players
181 posts

When you play games via Steam it keeps track of "Achievements" which can be things like "Reached game level X" or "Completed Y puzzles". I only noticed a few weeks back that at some point I had gained the Steam achievement for WoWs of "Win 50 Random Battles". The achievement also tells you how many other players have gained an achievement.

Now I dont know how many people play WoWs via Steam but according to this achievement "12.6% of players have this achievement".

Maybe only very few people play via Steam? I hope so because 87.4% of players not managing just 50 Random Battle wins seems incredibly low.

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
6 minutes ago, Gebbly said:

Now I dont know how many people play WoWs via Steam but according to this achievement "12.6% of players have this achievement".

Maybe only very few people play via Steam? I hope so because 87.4% of players not managing just 50 Random Battle wins seems incredibly low.

I think it only counts players connecting via Steam. But there is an easier explanation for that prolly. A platform like steam attracts many players, that will just download and test a game for a few rounds - especially f2p titels. So no wonder they never reach 50 wins - im sure, there are a tons of players, that are far from 50 games overall.

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
180 posts
2,417 battles
4 hours ago, Gebbly said:

When you play games via Steam it keeps track of "Achievements" which can be things like "Reached game level X" or "Completed Y puzzles". I only noticed a few weeks back that at some point I had gained the Steam achievement for WoWs of "Win 50 Random Battles". The achievement also tells you how many other players have gained an achievement.

this is only for steam players. so yeah, 87% never won 50 battles. BUt thats hardly surprising, to be honest

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this