You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Memorium

New German Cruiser Line

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post
1,867 battles

Hello fellow Captains! 

I started playing World of Warships back in the beta and followed the progress of the game since then. I was super hyped when they finally released british and german cruisers and battleships and couldnt wait to play them. But to be honest i was a bit dissapointed. Many famous german and british cruisers were left out of the tech tree and replaced by paper ships or prototypes. (SMS Derfflinger or HMS Invincible for example). 
I know that you cant fit all ships into the game. Especially if every nation has to have a gimick for their ships. But after several years i wonder why we dont get them. Not even as premiums. Instead we get more paperships in form of russian cruisers that defy all logic or Dockyard ships that noone wants. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on that topic or maybe info if we can ever expect these ships in game?

[DREAD]
Players
10,864 posts
7,471 battles

Simple answer - no we don’t. 

You are specifically mentioning battlecruisers - of which we only have Prinz Eitel Friedrich, which is a WG modernized Mackensen, in the game so far.

It is commonly believed within this community that we will get a line of British and German Battlecruisers in the future. In  MM terms they would most likely be Battleships though. 

However there is no official statement of and when they will make it into the game.

Currently WG is sadly busy with pumping out T8-10 Premium ships as these have a higher price tag 

• Cool 1

Players
1,092 posts
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Currently WG is sadly busy with pumping out T8-10 Premium ships as these have a higher price tag 

The lack of British and German WWI-era battlecruisers continues to be a disappointment, they seem to be the most obvious omissions from the game at the moment; however, as mentioned they would be too low-tier to attract much attention from WG's marketing department (even T6 would be a bit of a stretch). Another issue is that those two navies were the only ones really to go in for battlecruisers in a big way; there were plans for them in other countries, even one or two turning up in the steel (the Kongo class as originally built for example), but other than that WG would have to put paper ships in every other tech tree in addition to all the higher-tier ones they would need to include anyhow, which wouldn't do much for their historically accurate credibility (however much that happens to be prioritised).

I've said it before, but my personal view is still that for a naval wargame with many different factions they really picked the wrong period to emphasise: starting from around 1890, using the WWI ships as the mid tiers (around 5-7) and then interwar and WW2 designs right at the top would have given them a lot more breadth of shipping to choose from. Plus it would keep carriers out of all but the highest tiers, of course...

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
32 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

On the devblog WG just announced a second KM destroyer line.

Handy to keep an eye on that for the latest intel.

Yeah, that's what i originally used it for.

However, in the past year, with each new entry there, it became more and more depressing. ^^

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,446 posts
14,996 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

On the devblog WG just announced a second KM destroyer line.

Handy to keep an eye on that for the latest intel.

You mean the Mini-Cruiser Line...