You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaravellaCaravan

Fairly new player. Is my progession is good?

30 comments in this topic

Players
38 posts
1,251 battles

Hi, i've been playing since November of 2020. I'm mostly play with battleships. My favorite ship is Scharnhorst. I think i've played Scharnhorst with at least 200+ matches. I'm grinding coal for Pommern right now. People suggested to me to save coal for Tier 9 ships. I'm only been playing Co-op and scenarios. I hate playing against the real players and PvP. I don't think i'm skilled enough to face real players.

Thanks in advance.

Tech Tree Ships i own:

T5-T8 Soviet Battleships. (Vladivostok)

T6 Italian Cruisers (Trento)

T6 Japan Destroyer (Fubuki)

T5 European Destroyer (Visby)

T5 American Cruiser (Omaha)

Premium Ships i own:

T7 Scharnhorst 

T7 California

T6 Warspite 

T2 Mikasa

Personal records of the ships:

Scharnhorst: 

WorldOfWarships64_2020_12_01_01_30_37_732.thumb.png.0f3c68d56d24c2170d710cdec3bdb63d.png

Sinop:

WorldOfWarships64_2020_12_08_15_39_06_743.thumb.png.1d7245951296fd05d4a185291112cf20.png

Vladivostok: (This ship bounces nearly all AP shells from battleships while bow on)

WorldOfWarships64_2021_01_06_02_21_52_554.thumb.png.93ff894e16a1f5bdfe9f504d130677dc.png

California: (Unlocked this ship from free Santa Crates i like it)

WorldOfWarships64_2021_01_06_20_34_28_500.thumb.png.443e45c24e761da5e4d5b350238a6cb1.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
3,165 posts
10,750 battles
7 minutes ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

I hate playing against the real players and PvP. I don't think i'm skilled enough to face real players.

Why and why? That's why it's randoms: you play against super unicums and against super potatoes. There is no "being skilled enough to face real players". 

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,133 posts
19,317 battles
Vor 15 Minuten, CaravellaCaravan sagte:

I'm only been playing Co-op and scenarios. I hate playing against the real players and PvP. I don't think i'm skilled enough to face real players.

1. If you only play co-op your progress is fine. However, most people would consider co-op battles too easy to be a challenge and therefore progress is (almost) automatic.

2. It is not a race. You can't win a price for pushing through the tiers. it is more a bout enjoying to play the ships you have at hand while looking forward to the ships you still can research.

3. We all started as total noobs. If you start to play PvP, start in tier 1, 2, and 3 to get the hang of it. Don't start at higher tiers as you will do neither yourself nor your team any favour.

Good luck.

• Cool 6

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

this is a game. 

you progress to fun.

peak fun in this game is t6/7.

below that the game is largely ignored with ships too poorly armoured to matter too much. 

above that its commonly a salty campfest where t8+ have to play against t10, and broken t10 cv.

the bots wont teach you to play against real players, as bots yolo right at you. but they can teach you to shoot, and you seem to have that bit ok.

the super l33t early skill in this game is patience. dont charge in only to get focussed to death, but do be close enough to hit things.

american light cruisers like omaha are shell magnets though. easy citedels mean people want to farm them.

Players
941 posts
6,614 battles

Personal opinion:

Co-op:

• Play whatever you like, and almost do whatever you like.
  • Progress at a rate you like

Scenarios:

• Make sure you KNOW the scenarios
  • Make sure you play for the team, and make use of chat (read it, occasionally say something in it). Notorious (in Narai): every cruiser going for the transports, and ignoring the CV.
  • Know your limitations within a scenario (and there BB's are a fairly safe choice).

Randoms:

• No reason to fear Randoms at all.
  • Take things SLOWLY. Play some games in T1 through T4, then move to T5 and stay there.
    • Some of the campaigns WG has (Stage 1 of Five Epochs of the Navy / Stage 1 of Science of Victory (only complete with T3 and T4 ships) should help you pace yourself.
  • Play ALL classes.
  • Cool 4

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
415 posts
9,647 battles

Enjoy your journey.

[THESO]
Players
8,176 posts
42,171 battles

Well mate you played a total of zero battles on randoms. How can you have already an opinion about something, when you never tried it personally? 

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
45 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well mate you played a total of zero battles on randoms. How can you have already an opinion about something, when you never tried it personally? 

Well, i'd usually would agree with you in regards to a lot of other things.

We do however talk about WoWS randoms, and in this particular case it boils down to: you don't need to be a chef to know when someone serves you sh*t. :cap_like:

Players
4,026 posts
20,132 battles
8 hours ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

Hi, i've been playing since November of 2020. I'm mostly play with battleships. My favorite ship is Scharnhorst. I think i've played Scharnhorst with at least 200+ matches. I'm grinding coal for Pommern right now. People suggested to me to save coal for Tier 9 ships. I'm only been playing Co-op and scenarios. I hate playing against the real players and PvP. I don't think i'm skilled enough to face real players.

Thanks in advance.

Tech Tree Ships i own:

T5-T8 Soviet Battleships. (Vladivostok)

T6 Italian Cruisers (Trento)

T6 Japan Destroyer (Fubuki)

T5 European Destroyer (Visby)

T5 American Cruiser (Omaha)

Premium Ships i own:

T7 Scharnhorst 

T7 California

T6 Warspite 

T2 Mikasa

just please dont start PvP straight up with t9 ships. i would suggest you to switch to PvP and stick at low tiers until you get an understanding of basics. by saying low tiers i mean t4-5.

Beta Tester
5,764 posts
22,578 battles
12 hours ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

I'm only been playing Co-op and scenarios. I hate playing against the real players and PvP. I don't think i'm skilled enough to face real players.

If you continue to only play Missions and CoOp You will NEVER get skilled enough to face real players.

Check the win % of players in CoOp and You will see that having a 99%+ winrate in CoOp is not only possible, but to be expected from those considered to be slightly better than average players.

Doing a 98% winrate in BBs only shows that You get carried often enough to only lose rarely.

So, in conclusion: just continue to play CoOp... forever. And never ever take a T8+ ship to Random battles. Please...

[VIBES]
Players
924 posts
20,286 battles
12 hours ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

T2 Random battles teach you more about this game than T10 Co-op matches, as people are (usually) smarter than bots.
Unless you're some sort of massive introvert who's afraid to get bullied in chat (people can get pretty nasty, unfortunately), I say give PvP a go.

Also, remember that Randoms give much better rewards (xp and credits), so the progress will be faster, if you're up to it.

For low tier Random battles, I recommend Russian DDs, as they're the kings of torpedo rushes, and British BBs, as the Orion (T4) actually has enough AA to make the overpowered Hosho reconsider.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
48 minutes ago, VedranSeaWolf359 said:

My suggestion is don't buy Pommern he have very bad accuracy is not similar to Scharnhorst which have much better accuracy!

Lol... Sharnhorst has good accuracy??

It has one of the most broken optics in the game.

I am sure I once hit a friendly sailing behind me, while shooting an enemy 5km infront of me...

• Funny 1

[GW_KR]
Players
379 posts
15,559 battles
15 hours ago, CaravellaCaravan said:

As previous answers stated, there is no good enough or too bad to play randoms. Randoms is fun and once you play enough games coop will be - as stated - boring. Coop can still be fun when doing missions etc, but the bots are too predictable and it becomes repetative!

Randoms will usually surprise you! Randoms require a different playstyle but once you get the hang of it its fun. 
There will always be players you meet that are faaaaaar better than you and soooooo much worse than you! Therein lies the charm! Learn from both groups what to do and what NOT to do!

Enjoy, have fun and Happy Huntings!

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
379 posts
15,559 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I am sure I once hit a friendly sailing behind me, while shooting an enemy 5km infront of me...

Always thought about getting the Scharnhorst, but I get a feeling it’s sadly powercrept and outperformed by the newcomers. But I do love the Gneis!!!

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,116 posts
10,323 battles

Hey man how you doing? (My referral points thank you for being active).

No, but seriously, it's difficult to judge how good somebody is if they only play coop. Drop a few tiers and try random battles. There is only so much skill you can gain by playing coop and if you get to top tiers with only coop, it'll be that much harder to do well in randoms or to drop back to low tiers to learn. 

My recommendation is to go back to tier 3 or 4 and try some randoms. The only difference between randoms and coop at those tiers is that players tend to rush in less than bots do. Don't be affraid of getting your arse kicked a few times at low tiers. It's the only way you'll learn. Hell, since the referral system adds friends automatically maybe I'll invite you into some low tier randoms with me if you happen to be online at the same time as me, if you're worried about your winrate.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

@OldPappy

Its a good ship for Narai... randoms not so much. Facing T9 big boys can be rough. 

The ship also catches fire ... a lot.

Not to mention shitty accuracy.

But the reload is good...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,116 posts
10,323 battles
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

That's not really true....it has perfectly workable accuracy.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
2 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

That's not really true....it has perfectly workable accuracy.

Compared to what? RN BBs? :)

I play her daily in Narai... accuracy is not something Sharny can brag about. Works close range... long range? Forget it.

[THESO]
4,116 posts
10,323 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Compared to what? RN BBs? :)

And other germans.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
7 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

And other germans.

I cant say about Pommern cause I dont have it. Kurfurst is way more accurate. Im pretty confident to say Tirpitz has more reliable accuracy (at least from my experience)... or on par with Sharny.

Dont know about the rest... used to love Konig... it used to have godlike accuracy.. but I think it got nerfed later.

Funny enough, this vid is still up to date :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-j1Kaeg4w

Players
171 posts
26 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Are you try Pommern it shells have too big dispersion, sometimes is funny when you fire and it hits all around ship but no one actually hit ship :D :D :D and then wait 33 seconds for next wheel of luck :D

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I cant say about Pommern cause I dont have it. Kurfurst is way more accurate. Im pretty confident to say Tirpitz has more reliable accuracy (at least from my experience).

image.thumb.png.0891aa2bb7df1f4f18dc1c65aceb09d1.png

Last column is hitrate (my own stats)

Gneisenau most accurate german BB confirmed :cat_cool: (well actually its PEF ofc)

Pommern certainly has the worst dispersion, because it has only 1,5 sigma. But i think it doesnt matter so much, because  having 12 guns makes up for that.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

image.thumb.png.0891aa2bb7df1f4f18dc1c65aceb09d1.png

Last column is hitrate (my own stats)

Gneisenau most accurate german BB confirmed :cat_cool: (well actually its PEF ofc)

Pommern certainly has the worst dispersion, because it has only 1,5 sigma. But i think it doesnt matter so much, because  having 12 guns makes up for that.

One of the reason Pommern was a straight nono for me (without even looking at numbers).

Whole line has shitty accuracy... with exception of Kurfurst (mind I never ran sec build on him).

Just my opinion from personal experience...