You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

Wujing - should I care?

49 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles

I note that amongst the new ships for Lunar New Year, we have Wujing - basically a clone of Alsace (and subject to balancing a la ARP Yamato).

What do the competent BB players think of Alsace? Is Wujing, as a premium version of same, worth having in your view?

(Personally, I'm only really interested in Fen Yang, even if she's just a naff Aki, but was curious.)

[SINT]
Players
1,098 posts
23,302 battles

I really like the Alsace. I bought the permanent camo for it and it was the one tier of the French BB I replayed completely for the research bureau regrind. Having the same ship but then with the “ premium” bonus might be interesting....

But then being fake pan Asian with “speshul “ camo ( although I think you can hide it) is a big no go for me.

But I also wonder what you pay extra to make the regular free Alsace into a pan Asian premium..

• Cool 1

[MAS-X]
Players
466 posts
11,780 battles

So, every new lunar year, an old ship will be repainted, will have a little buff/nerf and sold as it was "made in china"

Sounds so wrong in many ways

• Cool 16
  • Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

I note that amongst the new ships for Lunar New Year, we have Wujing - basically a clone of Alsace (and subject to balancing a la ARP Yamato).

What do the competent BB players think of Alsace? Is Wujing, as a premium version of same, worth having in your view?

(Personally, I'm only really interested in Fen Yang, even if she's just a naff Aki, but was curious.)

In my opinion? No.

I remember that i kinda liked the Alsace back then, when the line came out.

Not as much as the Richie, but still. I learned quickly, that the rear turret is only decoration and rarely, if ever used.

The armor is technically there, however, it bseems to work only in the first 3mins of the game, then it gets wet and soggy.

Speed is good, which is what made me like the ship, as it allowed me to play aggressively and get out.

But with the introduction of more large caliber ships, it doesn't seem very appealing to me to sail a wet towel.

That being said, i haven't played it in randoms ever since i unlocked the Republique, because the ship, while it was fun to play, was nothing more than an enjoyable stepping stone to the Repu.

And that sums it basically up: something you try, maybe even enjoy, but don't really want a second time.

Now, for a collector it's a must-have, but than, every ships is.

Me being a former collector, i don't feel no need whatsoever to purchase any of the PA ships, especially with the upcoming commander skill rework being a crap-fiesta.

There you go, that's my opinion...oh, wait...you asked for opinions of competent BB players...my bad. Sowwy... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,770 posts
15,149 battles

No.

The Bajie was Lazy as all they did was give it better accuracy and worse reload. 

This ship has no changes at all. Hard pass.

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles
14 minutes ago, dunbine said:

So, every new lunar year, an old ship will be repainted, will have a little buff/nerf and sold as it was "made in china"

Sounds so wrong in many ways

That's actually how china became a major economic power.

Buy stuff for cheap from other places, or use the five-finger discount method to aquire things, repaint, rebrand and then sell them for full price.

WG copied that method over multiple times with success, i.e. black friday ships, ARP ships, PA ships.

So, it can't be wrong, right?

• Funny 6

[-TPF-]
Players
4,659 posts
19,113 battles
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

This ship has no changes at all.

Premium economy, though. As a fan of French Battleships it's an interesting prospect (although not really worth that much £££).

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts

TBH I am not overly hot for her,. I might drop few coins on the armory boxes (got some from the Strasbourg cashback) and should she drop I wont mind but I most definitely wont buy a C/P Alsace at full price, premium or not, I have more then few T9 premiums including Mo and Musa...

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
5 hours ago, Verblonde said:

What do the competent BB players think of Alsace?

Alsace is great. But im not sure if i would buy a copy&paste one just because its a premium. I guess you havent played Alsace? Probably not a good idea then, it seems either you like Alsace or you dont :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[TSSU]
Players
220 posts

Enjoyed Alsace. Has it's weaknesses but the advantage is there's no T11 to be up-tiered into incessantly.

Beta Tester
283 posts
6,940 battles

The better question is: why would you give WG any money considering their track record for 2020 and their plans for 2021?

• Cool 6

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,811 battles
9 hours ago, Chips_uk said:

Enjoyed Alsace. Has it's weaknesses but the advantage is there's no T11 to be up-tiered into incessantly.

Yet. 

Players
2,243 posts
9,121 battles

I’m currently grinding the Alsace. It’s a good/fun ship. I also have the Bourgogne, which feels like a premium version. So no need for another one.

[DREAD]
Players
684 posts

It is a premium alsace. So one of the best Tier 9 techtree vessels. Certainly not a bad ship... with premium economics.

But the core issue is, it is Pan Asian, not french. I do not need a Pan Asian BB captain... and despite being an Alsace class, it can not train french captains.

I wouldn't mind, getting her randomly in a free container, but I wouldn't whale 60+ Euro for it.

If it could train french captains, and people wouldn't have neither JB, nor JBB then yes, very much worth it.  But so, I say no.

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles
6 hours ago, Zieten said:

The better question is: why would you give WG any money considering their track record for 2020 and their plans for 2021?

While I may noisily object to WG's Richard moves (I haven't exactly been shy and retiring apropos the captain rework, for instance), I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, although I acknowledge that this does make me part of the problem.

I will consider anything that WG try to sell me on its individual merits (whilst not denying that I'm far less likely to spend when pi$$ed off, like now): basically, will it provide me with my money's worth in the time before the game becomes unplayable? If yes, I'll consider it, if no then not so much. This is why, for example, I didn't consider the ARP Yamato for a moment (I'm not a BB enthusiast, so it would take at least a year for me to get the value from that thing), but did buy Xmas crates that were almost certain to give me Neustrashimy (which will probably take 10% the time to get value from, at worst).

FWIW I'm currently using the introduction of submarines as my 'unplayable' reference point; that may be pessimistic, but that's the big unknown at the moment, which may be when WG ruin their game entirely (although I hope not).

Beta Tester
283 posts
6,940 battles

While I may noisily object to WG's Richard moves (I haven't exactly been shy and retiring apropos the captain rework, for instance), I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, although I acknowledge that this does make me part of the problem...

Hey - your money, your decisions. If you are currently enjoying the game - good for you.

Returning to the question:  Alsace is a decent ship and will probably really get a benefit out of the Captain Skill Rework . Especially that improved dispersion will help it a ton.

• Cool 1

Players
1,844 posts
10,190 battles
On 1/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, Zieten said:

Hey - your money, your decisions. If you are currently enjoying the game - good for you.

Returning to the question:  Alsace is a decent ship and will probably really get a benefit out of the Captain Skill Rework . Especially that improved dispersion will help it a ton.

Are you being sarcastic about alsace improved dispersion...

Beta Tester
283 posts
6,940 battles
20 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Are you being sarcastic about alsace improved dispersion...

No. That new skill will result in a 19% tighter dispersion which will help Alsace tremendously.

[SHAD]
Players
3,770 posts
15,149 battles

Fen yang?

Should we care?

Looks like a nerfed Akizuki to be honest.

[CATCH]
Players
62 posts
12,498 battles

weird they took out some of the last year ships, spesially bajie i would think sold best of them. but WG always had some weird ideas.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,875 posts
6,468 battles
36 minutes ago, MightyWombat said:

weird they took out some of the last year ships, spesially bajie i would think sold best of them. but WG always had some weird ideas.

Could still come on friday to be fair..

[CATCH]
Players
62 posts
12,498 battles

why friday? well i did see bajiee and the 2 new ships in the journey to the west containers but they are only in the directory location. while the new year ones is in the armory.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,875 posts
6,468 battles
10 minutes ago, MightyWombat said:

why friday? well i did see bajiee and the 2 new ships in the journey to the west containers but they are only in the directory location. while the new year ones is in the armory.

Because that's when the premium shop tends to update thats why.