Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snadge666

Legendary Pan EU Captain

102 comments in this topic

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

Hi, just wondering if there is any way in the future that the legendary EU Captain will be available again, Jerzi Swirski I think his name is.

• Cool 1

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
17 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

Hi, thanks for the answer but that campaign seems to be a year old, so I should expect Jerzi Swirski available for coal at some point, or even better would be if they repeated the campaign as 175k is too much for a commander, thus giving everyone the chance to own these legendary commanders without spending a finite resource as I am saving my coal to buy Marceau.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,270 posts
11 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

so I should expect Jerzi Swirski available for coal at some point

sure, as written in the article:

The Campaign comprises five missions, and will remain available for 6 months after the release of Update 0.9.3.

Half a year after the end of the Campaign, we plan to make Jerzy Świrski available in exchange for Coal in the Armory. Thus, you'll be able to get this Commander at a later date, even if you don't manage to finish the Strong-Willed Campaign.

so you can estimate when he should arrive in the armory

• Cool 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
27 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

Hi, thanks for the answer but that campaign seems to be a year old, so I should expect Jerzi Swirski available for coal at some point, or even better would be if they repeated the campaign as 175k is too much for a commander, thus giving everyone the chance to own these legendary commanders without spending a finite resource as I am saving my coal to buy Marceau.

That is entire point - be active player at correct time and grind your [edited]through campaign. You weren't playing? Too bad for you, here is 175k coal option once we decide to add him to the Armory.

FOMO at its finest:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
106 posts
7,420 battles

I had just returned from a long break when there was about 24 days left on the campaign for him, cost me a lot of special signal flags to grind it out in that time frame.

Players
805 posts
7,989 battles

FOMO... meh. I just spent 20k coal on containers, just cause of camos. There are no ships I want up for coal. Or for steel (maybe FDR, but the appeal is fading). I don't know, I guess the game is winding down for me.

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
1 hour ago, snadge666 said:

Hi Captain, 

As Klopirat already said, we are planning to release Jerzy Swirki in exchange for Coal in the Armory soon. 😊

jirki .png

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
8 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

As Klopirat already said, we are planning to release Jerzy Swirki in exchange for Coal in the Armory soon. 😊

jirki .png

Why not repeat the Campaign when you have IJN and US legendries in game continuously?

You want to keep newer players interested, well here is an easy fix. Give them the same opportunities as veterans have had.

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
17 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

Why not repeat the Campaign when you have IJN and US legendries in game continuously?

You want to keep newer players interested, well here is an easy fix. Give them the same opportunities as veterans have had.

because you missed it, if you want him buy him for coal.

next you will want the Benham, the Missouri and every other withdrawn from sale...

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

That does not address the point I made though, don't get me wrong, I just think it is short sighted not to repeat campaigns for newer players, especially as the Commanders are available for coal as coal is an ingame 'earned' currency for completing dailies and some other stuff like ranked etc.

So repeating campaign would not affect WG bottom line as you can't buy coal with real money and not allowing newer players access to the same campaigns etc that veterans have completed is not newer player friendly as it raises the gap between noobs and veterans.

Then again, the most used phrase that veterans use is play more tier IV to VI games, where when you check those players stats they have thousands of games in those same tiers seal clubbing.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,941 battles
2 hours ago, snadge666 said:

Then again, the most used phrase that veterans use is play more tier IV to VI games, where when you check those players stats they have thousands of games in those same tiers seal clubbing.

How do you know that they were seal clubbing?  Maybe, they just followed the advice that they gave to you - learn the game before going to the higher tiers.

Also, it's far easier to progress in the current game as the special flags haven't always been in the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

How do you know that they were seal clubbing?  Maybe, they just followed the advice that they gave to you - learn the game before going to the higher tiers.

Also, it's far easier to progress in the current game as the special flags haven't always been in the game.

What else are they doing with super unicum stats at tier VI with thousands of games played at that tier, some with 10k plus.

As a new player I am getting better by playing above tier VIII, even when bottom tiered, why, because at least my opponents are nearer my skill level and I don't get outplayed hard by veterans looking for noob meat.

• Boring 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,941 battles
1 minute ago, snadge666 said:

What else are they doing with super unicum stats at tier VI with thousands of games played at that tier, some with 10k plus.

As a new player I am getting better by playing above tier VIII, even when bottom tiered, why, because at least my opponents are more my skill level.

Some players just have good statistics - either because they are good players or they've always played in divisions (and are decent players).

You've also ignored the fact that WoWS used to have a number of decent operations for tiers 6 to 8 which used to give decent rewards so players would then play in them rather than suffer in randoms or co-op (which wasn't as rewarding as it is now).  The operations were withdrawn due to the CV rework and any have not returned and those that have returned have had the rewards neutered.

What I'd like to know is how poorly did you play at TVIII before you 'got better'.

I'm not sure how long you've been playing as you've hidden your stats but the game has been running for a quite a few years already.  It's no longer the game it was on release.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
9 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Some players just have good statistics - either because they are good players or they've always played in divisions (and are decent players).

You've also ignored the fact that WoWS used to have a number of decent operations for tiers 6 to 8 which used to give decent rewards so players would then play in them rather than suffer in randoms or co-op (which wasn't as rewarding as it is now).  The operations were withdrawn due to the CV rework and any have not returned and those that have returned have had the rewards neutered.

What I'd like to know is how poorly did you play at TVIII before you 'got better'.

I'm not sure how long you've been playing as you've hidden your stats but the game has been running for a quite a few years already.  It's no longer the game it was on release.

Been playing about 2 months, took the advice of staying in lower tiers and was getting decimated by far better players and I mean far, far better players, when asking about certain higher tier ships, was told off some of these players to stay in lower tiers, disregarded advice, did my own research and my stats are starting to rise, especially using Cossack, Daring, Shima and Smaland.

Before I started playing at tier VIII and above I was in the mid 20 percentile, now I'm about 44%, so slowly getting better. Maybe when I have learnt more I can go back into lower tiers and be more competitive.

It just seems that the game is more geared towards veterans and new players are not considered, new Captain skills come to mind and the topic of this thread.

Reason my stats are hidden, to give no ammunition to those same people that tell me to go back to lower tiers for their enjoyment and to put a halt to the passive aggressive digs that came with having terrible stats.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,941 battles
10 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

It just seems that the game is more geared towards veterans and new players are not considered, new Captain skills come to mind and the topic of this thread.

Have a read of one of the threads on the captain rework - for some builds it seems that an existing tier 19 captain would need to be a tier 21 captain to operate the same - I think it's supposed to take 1.2 million XP for that to happen.  The veteran players do have numerous tier 19 captains.

Basically, most players will be screwed.

Also, the implementation of special flags means that the speed for improving captains progress is now a lot faster than it was before.

• Cool 1

Players
6,592 posts
30 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Also, the implementation of special flags means that the speed for improving captains progress is now a lot faster than it was before.

The only problem, though, is that how you get to accumulate and replenish your stock of special flags. Regular use cannot be replaced through daily resource containers, not sure if even daily combat missions etc. are enough to do it, so it is better to use flags sparingly IMO.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
31 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Have a read of one of the threads on the captain rework - for some builds it seems that an existing tier 19 captain would need to be a tier 21 captain to operate the same - I think it's supposed to take 1.2 million XP for that to happen.  The veteran players do have numerous tier 19 captains.

Basically, most players will be screwed.

How I understand it, you will need 25% less Captains so if you have hundreds of 19 point Captains (which quite a lot of veterans seem to have reading these very forums) you can cash them in to raise the Captains of your choice, thus new players are grinding just to get their very meagre pool up that vast amount needed, once again new players screwed, veterans easily riding the controversy.

• Boring 1

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
2 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

How I understand it, you will need 25% less Captains so if you have hundreds of 19 point Captains (which quite a lot of veterans seem to have reading these very forums) you can cash them in to raise the Captains of your choice, thus new players are grinding just to get their very meagre pool up that vast amount needed, once again new players screwed, veterans easily riding the controversy.

rubbish, they can only be linked to one ship, if you put them on another tech tree ship they will need retraining for that ship. unless you use a premium as before... if you cash in a 19pt it will cost 17,000 dubloons to get 100% of the skill points...

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
2 minutes ago, Salentine said:

rubbish, they can only be linked to one ship, if you put them on another tech tree ship they will need retraining. unless toy use a premium as before...

One Captain has skills for 4 classes of ships, meaning they are trained for 4 different ships, hence 25% or have I read that wrong, point me to the article that says I have please.

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
2 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

One Captain has skills for 4 classes of ships, or have I read that wrong, point me to the article that says I am.

yes, you read it wrong, you can still only have that captain on one tech tree ship, if you move him to another tech tree ship he will need to be retained each time, and go look up the article yourself

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,941 battles
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

The only problem, though, is that how you get to accumulate and replenish your stock of special flags. Regular use cannot be replaced through daily resource containers, not sure if even daily combat missions etc. are enough to do it, so it is better to use flags sparingly IMO.

It's a matter of economy - use the flags to get a couple of captains to 21 points and then use the elite XP to get more to 21 - without flags if needs be.   I still have some lines where I don't have a 19 point captain (Italian CA and BB), French (BB) and Pan Asian (CA and BB).

The alternate is to save flags by not playing.......

• Cool 1

Players
6,592 posts
2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

It's a matter of economy - use the flags to get a couple of captains to 21 points and then use the elite XP to get more to 21 - without flags if needs be.   I still have some lines where I don't have a 19 point captain (Italian CA and BB), French (BB) and Pan Asian (CA and BB).

The alternate is to save flags by not playing.......

Then the problem is how much of your resources is it worthwhile to pour into getting 21 pt captains, if 21 pt captains are still 'less' than the current 19 pt captains. I get it might be worthwhile for some, but who exactly?

• Cool 1

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
1 minute ago, Salentine said:

yes, you read it wrong, you can still only have that captain on one tech tree ship, if you move him to another tech tree ship he will need to be retained

So what about all these premium ships all the veterans own, do they need a Captain for each one or can they abuse the huge pool of Captains to train up certain Captains, thus taking advantage of veteran status.

It seems you guys are determined to complain how you have it as hard as the new player when you are obviously trying to detract from all the advantages that have been given to you by years of play that new players will not experience.

Sign in to follow this