Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

Why play in the weekend?

29 comments in this topic

[VLOOT]
Players
342 posts
21,186 battles

Hi,

I am started to get more and more annoyed with playing WOW in the weekend. So often CVs get caught with their pants down, CV pushing on caps before they know if any radar cruisers are close. Ships with 60.000+ hitpoints dying within 3 min. Matches where an entire team doesn't come above a 1000 points? 

You know when the game starts usually with 1-2 minutes by the positioning of ships if it's going to be a fun game or not. having a premium account with 1 billion credit, I shoot so I am detected and sail straight to the enemy, die as fast as possible to start another game and hope this one is better.

Anyone else shares this sentiment?

• Cool 1

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles

Judging by majority of games were one team goes to adventure at map side and the other pushing to caps, i'd say is pure luck. Which chances go straight down at weekends were more players playing the game .... i think

[VELOS]
Players
199 posts
2,832 battles

I play on weekends to burn my useless brain cells!!!!:Smile-_tongue:

Seriously now it makes no difference, all days now with lockdown across the majority of Europe are with weekend players. Eventually they will learn to play, included me!!!!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,159 posts
Vor 10 Minuten, RamboCras sagte:

Hi,

I am started to get more and more annoyed with playing WOW in the weekend.

Oh, not only on weekends. In general. After 2 weeks of WT, I can hardly force myself to log into WoWs to play one game and grab a resource container. There are so many issues - existing and announced ones - with this game.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
16 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Why play in the weekend?

• because most people have more time during the weekend
  • you win the same as during the week

Players
521 posts
5,790 battles

You play at the weekend so you can moan about the other players on the forum after.

Presumably you also tell them about it in the in-game chat

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,455 posts
23,194 battles
2 hours ago, RamboCras said:

I shoot so I am detected and sail straight to the enemy, die as fast as possible to start another game and hope this one is better.

Maybe not do this? 

U make the game roll even harder 

• Cool 1

[UNNF]
Players
219 posts
17,357 battles
3 hours ago, RamboCras said:

I am started to get more and more annoyed with playing WOW in the weekend. Why play in the weekend ?

Because you need your dose of Wows ? :cap_old:

Nothing better to do ? :cap_popcorn:

Too lazy to clean your house / car ? :cap_like:

You like to play and punish the potatoes & tomatoes ( some eggplants as well  )  ? :cap_cool:

So you can start another topic in the forum and see how your fellow captains are doing ? :cap_hmm:

Because Covid -19, 25, 58, 351 and the vaccines against them are coming and you are not sure which one of them is more concerning ? :cap_hmm:

As Admiral and collector you feel is your duty to sail in open sea leaving the whole world madness behind you, feeling only the refreshing breeze in your hair :cap_look::cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
234 posts
6,083 battles

Have the theme tune for Curb Your Enthusiasm on a loop and then look like Larry David when it goes horribly wrong 😂

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

you win the same as during the week

Maybe yours does... my winrate on weekends is usually higher. And lot of players complain that their WR drops... 

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
20 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

Maybe yours does... my winrate on weekends is usually higher. And lot of players complain that their WR drops... 

Contradicting opinons cannot both be right, or do they?

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 13 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Contradicting opinons cannot both be right, or do they?

There's no contradicting opinions if you don't speek for others. Logic sais, if someone's WR goes down, somebody's else WR goes up.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
5 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

There's no contradicting opinions if you don't speek for others. Logic sais, if someone's WR goes down, somebody's else WR goes up.

They claim that you lose more during the weekend. You claim otherwise. Sounds like a contradiction.

Players
395 posts
13,526 battles

Just play in the morning to keep your WR after that just do Coop for the missions that is what i do... it does wonders for your bloodpressure.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
356 posts
29,003 battles

the first game we were wining on points but ppl pushed way to far and died... second was close but still a lol game :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

They claim that you lose more during the weekend. You claim otherwise. Sounds like a contradiction.

Really? Nobody in this topic except for you were claiming something for other people. TS was speaking for himself, I was speaking for myself. Many ppl claim they lose more on weekends, I claim I win more on weekends... where's contradiction? Only you were speaking for others.

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
4 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

Really? Nobody in this topic except for you were claiming something for other people. TS was speaking for himself, I was speaking for myself. Many ppl claim they lose more on weekends, I claim I win more on weekends... where's contradiction? Only you were speaking for others.

Really?

22 hours ago, Setterus said:

Judging by majority of games were one team goes to adventure at map side and the other pushing to caps, i'd say is pure luck. Which chances go straight down at weekends were more players playing the game .... i think

And the topic is not new. It is claimed all the time.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

Weekend (and christmas) play time is cancerous if I play for the win and not for damage.
My two favourite ships are Småland and Daring atm, and while I can do very well in the average ranked game WR wise, my WR often times goes to absolute dogs**t during the weekends as I play for cap control and the teammates just run off to do all kinds of moronic plays and throw the game before it has even begun.
On the other hand, playing in a BB and farming damage seems the way to go during weekends and netting me a decent WR.
You don't really rely on anyone(or risk too much), and you can freely punish the morons in return.

Shame that this BB playstyle doesn't appeal to me at all, and playing for the win in a DD can seem like an exercise in futility when your support thinks that "support" means clustering up 4 BBs at J1 to sling HE across the map.
And even if I win the cap in my DD, the morons behind me often don't know what to do with that advantage.

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

Why play during the weekend?

• Available time
  • Naval battles
On 1/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, RamboCras said:

You know when the game starts usually with 1-2 minutes by the positioning of ships if it's going to be a fun game or not. having a premium account with 1 billion credit, I shoot so I am detected and sail straight to the enemy, die as fast as possible to start another game and hope this one is better.

So, your solution to alleged lower standard of play during the weekend is to deliberately turn yourself into the stereotypical "weekend player"?

Players
2,335 posts
20,591 battles

Play at weekends if your doing damage farming missions but anticipate that there is a much broader range of player ability out there with some extremely annoying teammates.

Most importantly expect to encounter a LOT more self opinionated and unpleasant players who are either furious at you  for killing them or not dying for them when they do something unforgivably stupid. 

Ignore the win rate arguments that’s a rabbit hole no sane person should go down.  

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,471 battles
45 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Play at weekends if your doing damage farming missions but anticipate that there is a much broader range of player ability out there with some extremely annoying teammates.

Well I think also like this, there are more sporadic players, but that should improve ones own winrate statistically if you play with full concentration.

Personally I play rar more on weekends probably 5 -8 hours instead of 2-3 which are probably some drawback as it is not easy to maintain full concentration , hence why I also play lots of coop (first win, large number T10s w perma).

I remember when I played some online poker. Then you wanted to play on weekend against overaggressive people that may have consumed beer/booze and  therefor made wrong calculations and paid less attention.

Otoh if you play missions or grinding ships this might be suboptimal for performance so one have to adjust expectations.

[VLOOT]
Players
342 posts
21,186 battles
On 1/17/2021 at 6:35 PM, Ysterpyp said:

Maybe not do this? 

U make the game roll even harder 

suffering is shorter....

Sign in to follow this