Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silver_Firebote

Bayern secondary build, AFT viable?

6 comments in this topic

Players
69 posts
1,447 battles

Greetings, was grinding my way through german BB and wish to keep the Bayern for missions etc.

was wondering anyone tried AFT on it? does it feel like it makes Bayern better at brawling/AI melting in Missions?

or just stick with grinding towards survival/repair skills and don't even bother with it?

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles

Don't bother.

Sec builds are "viable" starting with tier VIII.

Also, AFT gets removed next week.

Go for tank builds instead.

If you need a secondary build for missions that require that, get the Bismarck, FdG, Kurfürst, and build a dedicated captain for it for use in coop.

This allows you to ignore concealment and such, and have a secondary specced captain with 10 points from rhe start.

Just don't use that captain randoms as you will die very quickly.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
69 posts
1,447 battles
14 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Don't bother.

Sec builds are "viable" starting with tier VIII.

Also, AFT gets removed next week.

Go for tank builds instead.

If you need a secondary build for missions that require that, get the Bismarck, FdG, Kurfürst, and build a dedicated captain for it for use in coop.

This allows you to ignore concealment and such, and have a secondary specced captain with 10 points from rhe start.

Just don't use that captain randoms as you will die very quickly.

i c, well, gonna go survival skills then, thx

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles

Well i think, secondary builds for midtier ships might actually become more viable with the captain rework.

The secondaries become more accurate (currently, manual sec only provide a decent benefit for T7+) and i think the secondary range gets buffed aswell (not sure in Bayerns case, but i think it does). You might not want to go full secondary build tho, more like a hybrid.

But at this point, its way too early to make assumptions how its gonna work out. Need to let others figure it out first, unless you want to try out stuff in the next patch, where you can reset your commanders 4 free as often as you want.

• Cool 1

Players
408 posts
4,288 battles
Il y a 10 minutes, DFens_666 a dit :

Well i think, secondary builds for midtier ships might actually become more viable with the captain rework.

The secondaries become more accurate (currently, manual sec only provide a decent benefit for T7+) and i think the secondary range gets buffed aswell (not sure in Bayerns case, but i think it does). You might not want to go full secondary build tho, more like a hybrid.

But at this point, its way too early to make assumptions how its gonna work out. Need to let others figure it out first, unless you want to try out stuff in the next patch, where you can reset your commanders 4 free as often as you want.

There is a combo buff sec range + higher main battery rof in secondary range that may give something interesting.  

And alas free reset is only once, then you will have to spend dooblons. Only 50 instead of 500 and there will be missions to win dooblons, but still. Tanatoy confirmed that when I asked him. 

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
15 minutes ago, bratisla_boy said:

And alas free reset is only once, then you will have to spend dooblons. Only 50 instead of 500 and there will be missions to win dooblons, but still. Tanatoy confirmed that when I asked him. 

image.thumb.png.0ff81a64447bf74280f2dc9d30d82dab.png

image.thumb.png.22312c0390596ce51bc4b0fcc2600979.png

you mean retraining him to another ship. Thats only "free" if you move captains around in this patch, and then they are automatically trained for the new ship. Retraining costs 50 dubs instead of 500 for the duration of next patch.

Sign in to follow this