Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

SUPERcontainer

27 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

After months I received a supercontainer containing 1000 dbls.

Now I am not ungrateful or anything, but when did the rewards became so puny?

Thats a respec and a retrain price of a single 19 pts captain.

I know there was a surway couple of years ago, asking me if I would like more SCs for lesser rewards... but considering I get on average one or two per year that couldn't be the case ... could it? :)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
21 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

After months I received a supercontainer containing 1000 dbls.

Now I am not ungrateful or anything, but when did the rewards became so puny?

Thats a respec and a retrain price of a single 19 pts captain.

I know there was a surway couple of years ago, asking me if I would like more SCs for lesser rewards... but considering I get on average one or two per year that couldn't be the case ... could it? :)

The rewards and ratio did not change for years. And 1000 Dubloons is not puny and it adds up. I get around 15k Dubloons each year, just for playing the game.

When you want SC, chose Try-your-luck.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

I think it was always 1k doubloons... alltho there seems to be a chance thats its 5k.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,433 posts
32,719 battles

1000 doubloons sounds like much, I remember only 200 or 300 from containers.

[TSSU]
Players
223 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Is there any anecdotal "evidence" of the increase in odds via this method? I was under impression better to take the certainty of coal-for-premium over the try-your-luck as the drops that aren't super containers seemed far worse as to offset any possible gain from the super container if it ever dropped!

• Cool 2

Players
6,700 posts
3 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Is there any anecdotal "evidence" of the increase in odds via this method? I was under impression better to take the certainty of coal-for-premium over the try-your-luck as the drops that aren't super containers seemed far worse as to offset any possible gain from the super container if it ever dropped!

IIRC they supposedly have twice the odds. But, in the long run you would lose huge amounts of resources if you continually opt for TYL over Resource containers.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,116 posts
10,323 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The rewards and ratio did not change for years. And 1000 Dubloons is not puny and it adds up. I get around 15k Dubloons each year, just for playing the game.

You must have some godlike RNG then

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
1 minute ago, SV_Kompresor said:

You must have some godlike RNG then

Only 19 scs togo and I can get myself a t9 premium.

Will report back in 2039.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TSSU]
Players
223 posts
5 minutes ago, surfer_gr said:

i got 2.5K dubloons last week

Got that every week? One SC or did you get 3? Only from the 3 x XP crates daily?

Unless your post was to try and be smug it'd be helpful to supply a little more info.
If it's just for smugness, then congrats - in both respects :D

[2PTS]
Players
269 posts
42,910 battles

lol i wish i opened a supercontainer last week that gave me 2.5l dubloons LOL i also thought that maximum payout was 1k once got 1500 steel also if i recall right but most of the time i get flags and camos

Players
6,700 posts
2 minutes ago, surfer_gr said:

lol i wish i opened a supercontainer last week that gave me 2.5l dubloons LOL i also thought that maximum payout was 1k once got 1500 steel also if i recall right but most of the time i get flags and camos

Yeah.. I don't know what the relative value of those rewards are, sometimes it feels you come up short, though. It is mildly irksome IMO, especially if you been having to wait for that SC for ages.

[2PTS]
Players
269 posts
42,910 battles

well to be honest i always hit the try your luck button i have tonnes of flags and camos and credits i dont need all that stuff ahahah

[GJE]
Players
394 posts
5,326 battles

I get one per month on average, and I always choose resource containers. Never got a ship afair, not including sc from xmas boxes, but sometimes it's something noteworthy - once got steel, often dragon flags, last time 7 days premium. It's free, so I'm glad I get it 🙂

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,532 battles
24 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Got that every week? One SC or did you get 3? Only from the 3 x XP crates daily?

Unless your post was to try and be smug it'd be helpful to supply a little more info.
If it's just for smugness, then congrats - in both respects :D

well i have played since soon after release and have well over 200 SCs, I have recieved 2500 doubloons once though 1000 doubloon quite a lot. Of the 201 SCs I recived from aug 2017 to oct 2020 there were 15 1000 doubloons and 1 2500 doubloons. As a veteran the anniversary gives SCs for every tier 10 so it is over 40/year nowadays, hence the large number. I am sure you can find stats threads about this. BTW 2x1500 steel and 6 ships.

• Cool 2

[SVX]
Players
1,387 posts
16,420 battles

i love supercontainers when the wows bhirtday was i got 14k dubloons. and 3k steel.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,976 posts
15,475 battles
50 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Is there any anecdotal "evidence" of the increase in odds via this method?

From memory, WG (?) have said that TYL works in the following way: when you get a container you have x% chance of getting a SC instead; if the first 'roll' doesn't produce a SC, then you get a second chance with TYL, again with the same x% chance. In short, the odds don't strictly double with TYL, but rather you get twice as many 'goes' at getting a SC as you would with a regular container, with each 'go' having the same odds as a regular container.

This is rather hair-splitting IMO, but apparently this is the mechanism.

As far as I know, WG haven't published the odds of getting SCs (but of course), but community data gathering exercises have tended to suggest the odds of getting a SC are around 1% (again, if memory serves) from 'normal' containers, which means that a TYL container gives you two 1% chances of getting a SC.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
5,764 posts
22,578 battles

Supercontainers? Isn't that the thingy from what You get some 50 or so flags whatever...?

Honestly, I don't get exited anymore when I see a got a supercontainer, as the last time I got something really interesting from it was long, long, LOOOONG ago... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,803 battles
40 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i love supercontainers when the wows bhirtday was i got 14k dubloons. and 3k steel.

Anniversary SC yield (33 SC - T10 ships only):

Doubloons 4000
Free XP 150000
Coal 60000
Steel 1500
Premium time 58
Camo 350
Regular Flags 600
Special Flags 175

X-mas container yield (37 containers - T10 ships only):

Doubloons 1500
Free XP 50000
Coal 5000
Steel 0
Premium time 0
Camo 72
Regular Flags 500
Special Flags 0

Just some impressions. Of course the sample size is still low thus the luck of the draw is still an issue, however SC's seem vastly superior to e.g. our X-mas boxes.

Personally I use the flag containers and can confirm that when I play regularily (which is 2 to 3 containers a day) I get approx. one SC per month (out of 60 to 90 containers). Usual yield is some 50 regular flags so I would not call them bad, but not super either (50 flags = 6 to 7 regular flag containers). Things like ships, doubloons, coal and steel are indeed very nice and welcomed drops, however I also have to mention that while already having received some of the later I am still waiting for a (meaningful) ship out of a SC after 5 years of WoWs (and this is including all anniversary events so far).

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,532 battles
9 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Just some impressions. Of course the sample size is still low thus the luck of the draw is still an issue, however SC's seem vastly superior to e.g. our X-mas boxes.

Personally I use the flag containers and can confirm that when I play regularily (which is 2 to 3 containers a day) I get approx. one SC per month (out of 60 to 90 containers). Usual yield is some 50 regular flags so I would not call them bad, but not super either (50 flags = 6 to 7 regular flag containers). Things like ships, doubloons, coal and steel are indeed very nice and welcomed drops, however I also have to mention that while already having received some of the later I am still waiting for a (meaningful) ship out of a SC after 5 years of WoWs.

Well i guess ships might have a similar bias towars lower so if you have a lot of lower ships to get you might be having not so good drops, I have got Wichita and Massa from SCs T8 ships, but in both those occasions this was the only possible drop, i have recieved Mutsu and DeGrasse for doubloons for example T6 ships, but it is only anecdotal ofc.

[-TAP-]
Players
358 posts
8,758 battles

@nambr9 I've just had a quick check through my container tracking contents, and I've received doubloons in "regularly/randomly obtained" supercontainers twice before (in August 2018 and July 2019), both times for 1000 doubloons, so anecdotally it's not a new amount.  I've also received the 1000 doubloon supercontainers once in the Year 4 anniversary SCs, and three times in the Year 5 Anniversary SCs.  Other amounts have come in the 2018 Black Friday containers (1 x 1250 doubloons) and the various Christmas crates (2000 in largest boxes, 1000 in middle and 300 in the smallest).

@Chips_uk from my own results over the years, I've got the following:

"Try Your Luck" containers - 21 SCs out of 365 total containers, so a hitrate of 5.75%

All other containers combined (mostly the "More Resource" ones) - 28 SCs out of 1456 total containers, so a hitrate of 1.92%

If I was to hazard a guess on the above, I'd go with a 2% chance on the regular containers, and about double that on the TYLs; at only 365 containers a couple of hits more or less swings the total rate quite a lot.

Edited by Pandafaust
edited to add in the total number of containers for reference
  • Cool 2

[TSSU]
Players
223 posts

Thanks for those providing their experience :) I had given up trying SC's with TYL as it seemed really low chance and I got some flags :D Not convinced I'll return to TYL as trying to get some coal before the update but I don't think i'll make it :D

[-TAP-]
Players
358 posts
8,758 battles
8 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Well i guess ships might have a similar bias towars lower so if you have a lot of lower ships to get you might be having not so good drops, I have got Wichita and Massa from SCs T8 ships, but in both those occasions this was the only possible drop, i have recieved Mutsu and DeGrasse for doubloons for example T6 ships, but it is only anecdotal ofc.

I didn't get any ships for an age, but then I got a Sims from one of the freebie daily containers from one of those code giveaways back at the end of 2019 (it was the THUMB code, should that be of any use whatsoever, which gave 15 daily crates.  No idea what the crate was before it rolled a SC, so I didn't include it in my tracker).  Quite a handy one in fact, because I'd already won a Sims Black in one of the free/super cheap black friday containers that gave the mission to get 2500 doubloons from playing a regular sims, so in essence the container gave me a bonus 2500 doubloons on top of the ship.

The only other ship I've had in a regular Supercontainer was last Sunday - had a Leningrad in it.

Players
6,700 posts
48 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

From memory, WG (?) have said that TYL works in the following way: when you get a container you have x% chance of getting a SC instead; if the first 'roll' doesn't produce a SC, then you get a second chance with TYL, again with the same x% chance. In short, the odds don't strictly double with TYL, but rather you get twice as many 'goes' at getting a SC as you would with a regular container, with each 'go' having the same odds as a regular container.

This is rather hair-splitting IMO, but apparently this is the mechanism.

As far as I know, WG haven't published the odds of getting SCs (but of course), but community data gathering exercises have tended to suggest the odds of getting a SC are around 1% (again, if memory serves) from 'normal' containers, which means that a TYL container gives you two 1% chances of getting a SC.

That is actually significantly worse than getting double odds....

Sign in to follow this