Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

Win rate to qualify for Gold league in Ranked

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[HAMAR]
Players
560 posts

How much win rate should you have in a ship before considering playing in Gold league ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,459 posts
7,192 battles

How do you mean?

The only thing you need is to qualify in Silver League. From the reactions I have gathered all leagues are the same, yet tier 8 is easier to carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAMAR]
Players
560 posts
6 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

How do you mean?

The only thing you need is to qualify in Silver League. From the reactions I have gathered all leagues are the same, yet tier 8 is easier to carry.

I could spam qualification for gold for instance to get in there but would not belong there right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,778 battles

You could just spam battle with a bot program and eventually end up rank1 gold...

ranked comes down to how much time are you willing to waste

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-WHO-]
Players
129 posts
10,629 battles
52 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

How much win rate should you have in a ship before considering playing in Gold league ?

 

Don't waste time on Gold, consider this rank season only for the awards and bronze is the best. Im stuck in Gold and I can't go back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
673 posts
26,751 battles
36 minutes ago, ZeroSkillPureLuck said:

The lowest ranked out player I have seen had 39% WR in random. Yes, he ranked out in the GOLD league. 

 

 

So much skill.... 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAMAR]
Players
560 posts
57 minutes ago, ZeroSkillPureLuck said:

The lowest ranked out player I have seen had 39% WR in random. Yes, he ranked out in the GOLD league. 

 

 

Many players are salty because they can't get there.:Smile_ohmy:

Seal clubbers dare not to play there :Smile_trollface:

What do you think the WR should be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
673 posts
26,751 battles
3 minutes ago, Shungite_Merchant said:

So much Dedication

Yeah that's something positive... But it's not helpful at all 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LUZ1]
Players
1,379 posts
14,463 battles

If you have below 50 or 52% WR I would not bother with gold because it is much more work to get the extra rewards.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,161 posts
22,803 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Puffin_ sagte:

How much win rate should you have in a ship before considering playing in Gold league ?

 

Lewt's put it this way, almost all my team mates and opponents in qualifying so far were below 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,308 posts
23,343 battles
3 hours ago, ZeroSkillPureLuck said:

Ranked system we have now is total utter stupidity. It means nothing.

It means WG values bot users and afk players higher than players who play to win. If they don't learn from this test season I will either never leave bronze league again or stop playing this mode altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,875 battles
4 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

It means WG values bot users and afk players higher than players who play to win. If they don't learn from this test season I will either never leave bronze league again or stop playing this mode altogether.

Yes. There's an extreme amount of them, and I've heared multiple ppl mentioning it.

 

Hence. @MrConway are you guys aware of this? Are you implementing concrete measures to prohibit afks & bots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,308 posts
23,343 battles

No need to prohibit them, just stop inviting them with the current reward system. You get most of the gold league rewards for just afk-ing until you have been carried to 18 victories.

Also, it makes no sense that you cannot drop down from a league when you keep losing battles. It only helps bot users.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,246 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, ZeroSkillPureLuck sagte:

The lowest ranked out player I have seen had 39% WR in random. Yes, he ranked out in the GOLD league. 

 

 

When he was young his father passed an advice to him: "Son, no matter what the others say, follow your dreams, stay true to yourself, never give up."

Can't blame him for that, can you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
3,119 posts
10,741 battles
20 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

When he was young his father passed an advice to him: "Son, no matter what the others say, follow your dreams, stay true to yourself, never give up."

Can't blame him for that, can you?

Did his father drop him on his head afterwards or something? :cap_book: 39% wr is neigh impossible if you're a human being that is able to start up a game. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Did his father drop him on his head afterwards or something? :cap_book: 39% wr is neigh impossible if you're a human being that is able to start up a game. 

 

image.png.aa95bfdacdbe0adafc5d447471718ed4.png

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
127 posts
15,507 battles
48 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

It means WG values bot users and afk players higher than players who play to win. If they don't learn from this test season I will either never leave bronze league again or stop playing this mode altogether.

 

Its better in silver league.. you can grind credits in tier9 premiums...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,107 battles
20 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Yes. There's an extreme amount of them, and I've heared multiple ppl mentioning it.

 

Hence. @MrConway are you guys aware of this? Are you implementing concrete measures to prohibit afks & bots?

 

Yes, we'll look closely at the results of this season as we have had quite a few complaints about bad behaviour. We may also make some changes to stop players like this from profiting from ranked at all, but this could take a few updates to implement.

 

In the meantime, please report egregious behaviour to customer support so we can punish them accordingly.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

 

Yes, we'll look closely at the results of this season as we have had quite a few complaints about bad behaviour. We may also make some changes to stop players like this from profiting from ranked at all, but this could take a few updates to implement.

 

In the meantime, please report egregious behaviour to customer support so we can punish them accordingly.

Are there any plans to perhaps let people get demoted from leagues as well?

A major problem atm seems to be that players who are obviously not strong enough to really be playing Gold (apart from spamming a ton of games to rank out, or even AFK), don't drop down back to an easier league that suits their playstyle.
Which has the obvious problem of eventually cluttering the Gold league, as more and more players get "stuck" there for the remainder of the season.

Personally I initially liked the concept of different leagues, but seeing as the system does not stratify players sufficiently skill-wise (pumping more and more players into Gold over time), I found it best to just stay in Silver league to farm easy rewards against less experienced players.

Which I guess hurts them as well (and overall the intended model), as the enemy team are statistically at a heavy disadvantage if I enter the game.
That being said, ideally I'd like to play Gold though, as I would personally love the challenge of consistently meeting experienced players (even as a learning experience).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
21 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Did his father drop him on his head afterwards or something? :cap_book: 39% wr is neigh impossible if you're a human being that is able to start up a game. 

If you are of the "yolo-charger" type, such a WR seems indeed possible.
I took note of this during christmas - when those "yolo-chargers" spawned on our team it usually created a snowball where we had less and less ships to try to influence the game back in our favour, usually ending in a stomp.
Some people seem to just like to mindlessly rush the enemy firing their guns non-stop, and it seems that this factor (the distribution of "yolo-chargers" across teams) affects the team in the worst possible way, even worse than having a BB player sniping from J1 could ever do.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NCDF]
Players
229 posts
6,678 battles

But the problem with 39% winrate is how he managed to rank out. Afk or bots won't do that, because you need to get 20-ish more wins then losses after you gained rank 9. You won't get 20 more wins then losses with afk or bots, so this guy did not rank out with afk or bots but by just saving that many stars. He legitimately did get most bxp of his team that many times, and you can't really punish a playr like that becasue he's doing nothing against the rules...

The mechanic of saving a star has to be either removed or completely redisigned...

Playing for a win should be more rewarding, not backlinesniping...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×