Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Novawatsit

killed by torps past their distance

32 comments in this topic

[POBUG]
Players
2 posts
3,620 battles

So i was in a CV T8 and Shimmakaze who was 21KM away launched torps, i was completely undetected and had not been detected the entire game and moving away. yet they still hit me and got a devastating strike from 21KM. how is that even possible.. the fact that T8 CV even gets paired with T10 ships is BS to begin with because the planes cannot survive T10 AA, especially when its the weak CV's. 

• Funny 15

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

And you know he was always 21km away from you because...?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
31,087 posts
15,723 battles
7 minutes ago, Novawatsit said:

So i was in a CV T8 and Shimmakaze who was 21KM away launched torps, i was completely undetected and had not been detected the entire game and moving away. yet they still hit me and got a devastating strike from 21KM. how is that even possible.. the fact that T8 CV even gets paired with T10 ships is BS to begin with because the planes cannot survive T10 AA, especially when its the weak CV's. 

How do you know he launched them from 21km?

Hint: Even CV can move.

And if a Shima is not an easy target for you, maybe you should not play Tier VIII CV...

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
3,160 posts
10,750 battles

justdodge.png

23 minutes ago, Novawatsit said:

yet they still hit me and got a devastating strike from 21KM.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Cv killed by shima 20km torps... Now theres something new

Proof please

• Funny 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,537 battles

This just goes to prove the benefits of occasionally using your engines and moving around the map a little bit. If you hadn't just sat on the same spot all game you would have quite easily avoided those torps. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,951 posts
21,708 battles
35 minutes ago, Novawatsit said:

the fact that T8 CV even gets paired with T10 ships is BS to begin with because the planes cannot survive T10 AA

tenor.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 8

Players
2,488 posts
11 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Cv killed by shima 20km torps... Now theres something new

Proof please

I have gone back to 20km Shima torps a few times with great success... The 20km's love the Campers and Radar Bunnies if you fire right and taking down a CV who thinks he is safe tight behind the Island is pure magic.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,098 battles
47 minutes ago, Novawatsit said:

Please attach a game replay.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

What I would like to know is how he knew Shima was 21km away when it has concealment of 5.6km.

Also, no such thing as 'weak' CV.

[BHSFL]
Players
561 posts
2 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

What I would like to know is how he knew Shima was 21km away when it has concealment of 5.6km.

I guess he spotted him or it was spotted ... its not as if DDs are always 100% hidden at all times.

That also means its not spotted at 100% of the time and likely the Shima moved into 19km, launched and turned back and then got detected when it was over 20km away.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
Just now, WWDragon said:

I guess he spotted him or it was spotted ... its not as if DDs are always 100% hidden at all times.

That also means its not spotted at 100% of the time and likely the Shima moved into 19km, launched and turned back and then got detected when it was over 20km away.

Yeah, I know lol but it just made me laugh. Those 20km torps are SLOW, he could have been on the way back after launching them from 10km away, spotted CV who was oblivious to being spotted because, CV player, and was getting back into the proper gameplay ( CVs don't count).

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
799 posts
11,629 battles

If you got devstriked by 20km Shima torps, you probably deserved all of it :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,735 posts
11,834 battles
2 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

If you got devstriked by 20km Shima torps, you probably deserved all of it :Smile_teethhappy:

I wanted to say "I hope he detonated, too" but then I remembered that they cannot be detonated anymore for "reasons"

tenor.gif

Players
703 posts
28,488 battles

Let me guess he launched his Torps from under 20km away from you and then turn away.

By the Time he was spottet he was 21km away from you and as a Result of this you thought you were save.

20km torps are the slowest torps that a Shima can launch. So i guess they had been launched more then a Minute before they got to you.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have gone back to 20km Shima torps a few times with great success... The 20km's love the Campers and Radar Bunnies if you fire right and taking down a CV who thinks he is safe tight behind the Island is pure magic.

IDK man, never even tried Smima's 20 km torps :)

[F_M_B]
[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,440 battles

Well, if the Shimakaze shot it 20 km torpedos, the torpedos will travel this 20 km. This takes a lot of time.

In this time it is possible, to drive into this 20 km range.

=> Because of that, it is possible to hit targets which are at time of torpedo launch out of torpedo range.

• Cool 1

Players
2,488 posts
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

IDK man, never even tried Smima's 20 km torps :)

I have hit four campers with a full 15 Torpedo Salvo at one time... I didn't sink any of them but they didn't stay camping after that (One of my highest dmg tallies though at near 200,000) ...

In fact I kept spamming them every reload whilst spotting them and they could do nothing about it... They were all sunk by my team. When you have to watch your backside you can hardly push forwards effectively.

My other Shima Captain (also a lvl19) I have set to run 16km @ 70knots if I fancy long range and if I fancy a close game the same captain can use 6.4km @ 85 knots...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
54 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have hit four campers with a full 15 Torpedo Salvo at one time... I didn't sink any of them but they didn't stay camping after that (One of my highest dmg tallies though at near 200,000) ...

In fact I kept spamming them every reload whilst spotting them and they could do nothing about it... They were all sunk by my team. When you have to watch your backside you can hardly push forwards effectively. 

My other Shima Captain (also a lvl19) I have set to run 16km @ 70knots if I fancy long range and if I fancy a close game the same captain can use 6.4km @ 85 knots...

No offense intended but that doesn't sound like great achievement and more like they were absolutely useless.

The 20km torps have a 2.7km torpedo detect, which is ~50% worse than the next worse torpedo.

Also behind an enemy is the worst possible bearing to torpedo them from if I can interpolate that from your message.

Assuming those 4 didn't have either active DD or CV support or more than 1 radar at their disposal you'd most likely have fared better with the 12km set in that situation.

Players
305 posts
3,680 battles
4 hours ago, Novawatsit said:

all you have to do is support tick long with the replay of the match giving the info on what happened long with the person name WarGaming will check it out for you.

there was no need to post this on the forum you will just be LAUGH AT

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

The hard life of a CV just makes me tear up, man...

This is what I like about WOWS: the caring and supportive community - always here for the sad and unfortunate. It's really rather touching...

SmallestViolin.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SURFA]
Players
122 posts
7,495 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

This is what I like about WOWS: the caring and supportive community - always here for the sad and unfortunate. It's really rather touching...

SmallestViolin.gif

Too many people been on the receiving end of perma spot by planes and not been able to hit back to have sympathy for CV players.

I suck at cv play but even I can get through to strike at enemy ships without getting decimated by a higher tier ship.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles
46 minutes ago, mdjmcnally said:

Too many people been on the receiving end of perma spot by planes and not been able to hit back to have sympathy for CV players.

I'm a DD main - my tongue was very firmly in my cheek...

Players
940 posts
6,614 battles
6 hours ago, Novawatsit said:

The only thing I can think of right now is how all the other ships feel when they are uptiered and face a top tier CV.

So sorry, but not sorry for not feeling sorry for you.

Sign in to follow this