Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Iznogood_DK

commanders skills reset

12 comments in this topic

[MOSHI]
Players
20 posts
6,830 battles

(sorry about first post, copy paste from Word messed up the format)

Hi 

I bought Theodore E. Chandler with enhanced skills (expert marksman + expert loader) and with 10 skill points. 

But some time ago, he changed to only show as regular skilled (ribbon has also disappeared) and skill points have reset (he has 7 points now, as I’ve played with him quite a lot since). 
In the captains logbook, he still appears with the “enhanced ribbon” however. 
It’s probably my doing, having his skills reset having messed something up (I wonder however how it’s possible for a user to decrease a commanders skills), but is there any way I can get the enhanced skilled commander I paid for back? 

Thanks in advance for your answers.

• Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles

These are all the unique US commanders, and he is not among them.

US1.thumb.JPG.5fd847ca2fe0b3066757bf81d366f816.JPG

US2.thumb.JPG.0f1b94b0058707bd83d6f3d08354f5c5.JPG

[MOSHI]
Players
20 posts
6,830 battles

thanks for the overview.

I'm pretty sure I bought him with enhanced skills.

Also, he appears with the ribbon in my captains log?

wows_capt.JPG.abee9fca96f0bc080c2f87b8c61cc8cf.JPG

[NECRO]
Players
3,180 posts

He is unique, but has no enhanced skills. Like my Matsuji Ijuin. WG, for whatever reason, was selling unique commanders with and without enhanced skills. They probably do not like the Japanese, because the U.S. at least have the Does.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
5 minutes ago, Iznogood_DK said:

thanks for the overview.

I'm pretty sure I bought him with enhanced skills.

Also, he appears with the ribbon in my captains log?

wows_capt.JPG.abee9fca96f0bc080c2f87b8c61cc8cf.JPG

Theo.thumb.JPG.acb9cea066e0f9ac207054a51beb3257.JPG

I have him to buy in my armory, and he has no ribbon... So no skills...

[MOSHI]
Players
20 posts
6,830 battles

yes, I saw the same, but how does that explain, that I have him  with a ribbon in the captains logbook.

And again, I'm pretty sure he had a ribbon, as well as enhaced skills (same as the Does) to start with?

Can his skills have been downgraded/removed after an update? (has that happened before, just as they up/downgrade ships?)

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Iznogood_DK said:

as well as enhaced skills (same as the Does) to start with? 

I can ensure you, that they never had enhanced skills.

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
2 hours ago, Iznogood_DK said:

ok, thanks to all of you for your time and answers :)

He never had special skills.

His "Unique" status, indicated by the yellow/gold ribbons, stems from the fact that he is a commander that actually existed and he was a Rear Admiral in the US Navy during WWII.

Here is his wiki entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_E._Chandler

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,545 battles
4 hours ago, Iznogood_DK said:

yes, I saw the same, but how does that explain, that I have him  with a ribbon in the captains logbook.

And again, I'm pretty sure he had a ribbon, as well as enhaced skills (same as the Does) to start with?

Can his skills have been downgraded/removed after an update? (has that happened before, just as they up/downgrade ships?)

He is one of the "Historical" commanders, which means that a person named Theodore Chandler actually existed and commanded ships/fleets during 2nd World War. That is why he is marked as special commander with a ribbon. None of the historical commanders of this collection actually have enhanced skills. What makes them "special" is simply the fact that they represent real people. There are a few others like that too so even if there is a special ribbon in the commander portrait, it does not automatically mean that he would have enhanced skill(s). :Smile_Default:

PS. I have him also and he indeed does not have any enhanced skills, never did. The only reason I got him is because he represents a real person (historical value) and because at the time he came with 10 starting skill points.:Smile_great:

Why the "Special Commander" ribbon(s) have been removed from these historical commanders portraits is probably because that was causing too much confusion with people assuming they would have enhanced skills and surprisingly not finding any afterwards.:cap_old:

Players
2,759 posts
15,329 battles

Do you run visual mods? This could mess maybe with a ribbon?

Sign in to follow this