Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zalama

Karma system is totally broken

49 comments in this topic

[SUOLA]
Players
17 posts
3,705 battles

Could you please rework on that? Basically you get often more minus points in random games when you play well than plus points. You get karma usually when playing ranked but it doesn't work on random battles.

For example I earned -2 points from this game. I didn't do anything rude during game (like blocking anyone), I didn't even say anything in chat or disagreed even with game voice commands. Likely I got minus points from opposing team and you should disallow that.

You should have proper reporting system for grievers as they don't have any karma anyway so they don't mind.

detailed_report.png

Personal_score.png

team_score.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
82 posts
17,220 battles

karma was always broken. Its only for streamers and WG stuff. You probably got reported because you killed them, Thats how it is, and will be. Dont expect anything from Developers, they are busy making new premium ships!

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[SUOLA]
Players
17 posts
3,705 battles
1 minute ago, SpartanFretum said:

karma was always broken. Its only for streamers and WG stuff. You probably got reported because you killed them, Thats how it is, and will be. Dont expect anything from Developers, they are busy making new premium ships! 

Sad but true...

• Cool 3

Players
2,314 posts
20,586 battles

Karma is there to act as a vent for people to use when angry that you killed/ out played them so they don’t explode in chat at you and then WG support get flooded with chat violations. 

I try to make it a rule to give out compliments when I see someone play well on either team but the karma system in itself is pretty useless.

• Cool 8

[TORAZ]
Players
320 posts
14,020 battles

Its not broken if its intention is not to do anything(ie being useless) in the first place. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SUOLA]
Players
17 posts
3,705 battles
1 minute ago, Miki12345 said:

Its not broken if its intention is not to do anything(ie being useless) in the first place. :Smile_trollface:

Well yea.. that is true too. Can something break if it haven't ever worked..:Smile_amazed:

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
674 posts
26,789 battles

It's good enough to get some steam off.... Better than sending messages ingame 😂

[-AP-]
Players
1 post
27,174 battles

I used karma to see if I was playing well then weegee let the no skill in, the free t9 ships they give for coal or free xp and boosh 30%ers  20game admirals are screwing teams ova I want karma back when I send in a report of fraudulent reporting by team members, I went from 200 to 39 2 year ago lol and weegee wonder why people kick off in game chat but even then most just use chat ban complaint since karma don't do jack for the no skillers cos they have none to lose

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

MM monitor shows stats and karma, you typically see unicum players have lots of karma, presumably people thanking them for carry. Sure you can report someone for beating you but I don't think that happens often.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TSSU]
Players
220 posts

Until such time that they make it so you can see what the karma is awarded (or subtracted) for (as in what they said was the reason) and the game it was in (anon awarded still), don't even bother looking at karma. Can go up several in one game, then go down repeatedly in a stream of games. I used to want to know so I could see when people though I played badly, but then learnt people just -1 for whatever reason. That's fine... just ignore the entire system. I mean... what do you really hope from it? It doesn't grant you coal or doubloons does it?

I do use it if people say racist or unacceptable stuff in chat mind. Apparently those do get looked at.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,133 posts
19,294 battles
Am 16.1.2021 um 07:19, SnuSnu_RIP sagte:

It's good enough to get some steam off.... Better than sending messages ingame 😂

But.. but, first I report them, then I send them a message that I reported them.

Then I sent another message telling them I will hold my breath until they play useful.

Over the years of playing this game I have become quite a good apnea diver.

• Funny 5

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts
10 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

MM monitor shows stats and karma, you typically see unicum players have lots of karma, presumably people thanking them for carry. Sure you can report someone for beating you but I don't think that happens often.

Riight, 2500 base xp match with kraken (win obviously) in a Roma and I get -3 karma, purely accidental surely... :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 2

Players
3,956 posts
20,132 battles
On 1/15/2021 at 10:40 PM, Zalama said:

Could you please rework on that? Basically you get often more minus points in random games when you play well than plus points. You get karma usually when playing ranked but it doesn't work on random battles.

For example I earned -2 points from this game. I didn't do anything rude during game (like blocking anyone), I didn't even say anything in chat or disagreed even with game voice commands. Likely I got minus points from opposing team and you should disallow that.

You should have proper reporting system for grievers as they don't have any karma anyway so they don't mind.

detailed_report.png

Personal_score.png

team_score.png

And why do you care?

Players
3,956 posts
20,132 battles
10 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

That happens more than often.

[VIBES]
Players
879 posts
20,214 battles
16 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Sure you can report someone for beating you but I don't think that happens often.

It happens very often: you play a perfectly nice game, place among the top 3 of your team and win, no one in your team complains about anything you do...but your karma goes down: it's that DD you Dev Struck in smoke that's being salty, or that BB you just overmatched into smithereens.

But that's negative karma I don't mind, as it's still a (perverse) acknowledgment of my good performance, when it happens. It's still flattering, in a way. Plus if I won I'll be in a good mood, so I won't care.

What I mind is negative karma by teammates for not "carrying harder", even though they never offered any suggestion in chat during the game. Examples:

- I had a game in the Wooster the other day: excellent use of terrain, 200k dmg, 20 decaps, 2nd on my team by xp...and I got downvoted twice and ranted at because I "avoided the caps". I mean, in the caps there were a Bismarck, Georgia, Lion, Alaska, Yamato: you're supposed to use terrain cover to melt them, not to charge them. The Wooster is possibly the worst T10 ship at charging anything...

If you downvote the guy who came 2nd by xp, shouldn't you also downvote most of the team, and yourself? And rant at them as well?

- Another game, again with the Wooster: 1st in the team by hp, solid damage, I held a flank that the BBs completely abandoned...and yet I got yelled at in chat after the game, repeatedly and viciously. And by whom? By our Halland who, despite being a superunicum reroll, thought it was a good idea to rush the cap in the early game against a Smaland and a Salem (they had been spotted already), without asking for support in any way (which I wasn't in a position to give, as I had parked my ship stern-in and behind an island). Basically, he made what is a noob move at T4, let alone T10, and was a complete a*****e about it because it ruined his purple WR or something. Of course I got downvoted as well, because I didn't take part in the same idiocy (there were 2 Yamatos behind that cap, as well...).

I'm reminded of these games because they happened basically back-to-back. And no, I'm not some kind of selfish super-camper in the Wooster: my WR is about 59%, so I am at least decent, and I did sink in both games.

Frankly, I blame the recurring meme of "save-the-star players" from Ranked.

Sure, flinging HE from 20km in the Thunderer, never pushing a flank or tanking a bit, is bad play.

But parking your Wooster behind an island next to a cap and melting whomever comes close is what the ship is meant to do, and she does it well. Playing smartly, playing around the caps, and massively outdamaging the enemy, is playing well. One should be thankful their teammates are still alive and trying to win, not resent them for being still alive: it usually doesn't mean they're not trying, rather that they're trying better.

Rant over.

• Cool 2

Players
1,072 posts
On 1/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, Miki12345 said:

Agreed. When considering if something is working as intended, always try to imagine what the intention actually was in the first place! :Smile_hiding:

Players
510 posts
5,790 battles

I'd do two things:

1) Only allow people to give "reports" if they#ve given the same number of compliments

2) Disallow sunk players from writing in the chat.

90% of post sinking contributions in chat are along the lines of

"you guys suck go play barbie"

Which is obviously why they sunk and you didn't and contributes precisely nothing other than additional toxicity.

• Cool 1

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
570 posts
On 1/16/2021 at 7:19 AM, SnuSnu_RIP said:

^ this. The karma system has no real purpose, it's just a way for people to vent. It doesn't matter if you have 0 points or 10000 points, since it doesn't affect anything.

Moderation: Spam post removed.

• Cool 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
4 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

It happens very often: you play a perfectly nice game, place among the top 3 of your team and win

I did get reported yesterday for a 2600 base XP carry, not sure if it was someone salty on the enemy team or someone on my team for "killstealing" - But it happens very rarely, to me anyway, can't remember the last time. It's obviously retarded, just ignore it. Being reported by the enemy team for beating them are the best compliments

[VIBES]
Players
879 posts
20,214 battles
50 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

It's obviously retarded, just ignore it. Being reported by the enemy team for beating them are the best compliments

As I said, that's the not the problem. The problem is getting reported by my team for a 1500 xp defeat...

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
6 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

What I mind is negative karma by teammates for not "carrying harder", even though they never offered any suggestion in chat during the game. Examples:

Easiest way to avoid that, is to blame someone first on your team... nope not even kidding.

Funny thing is, bad players like to join forces and blame someone else together, becaue they dont get blamed themselves, so they take the side of the first one complaining. At best you can try turning it around on them if they are already dead, bu that doesnt work always.

If you want to get positive karma you either need to know a lot of people so you can suck up karma when you meet them in battle, or you need to be constantly top XP earner, because thats the best way to get complimented outside of people who know you.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this