You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vana_Kurat

How are places distributed after the match ?

27 comments in this topic

[-DTB-]
Players
15 posts
4,473 battles

I dont quite get the logic. For example this is my post match screen. With this all I only got second place, the first was taken by a BB with 0 kills opposed to my 3. Am i supposed to single handedly wipe out the enemy team to get first place ?

20210115_171435.jpg

[SM0KE]
Players
6,933 posts
15,447 battles
9 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

Am i supposed to single handedly wipe out the enemy team to get first place ?

Your rank in the team is - more or less - entirely to do with how much proportional damage you do, so you'll do better if you blow up DDs than BBs; you also get bonus points for damaging things of higher tier than you (and a reduction where the reverse is the case)...

Edit: there is more here: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

Players
1,328 posts
20,957 battles

Although you dealt quite the amount of damage and got 3 kills, when it comes to calculating the BXP it's a known fact that relative (i.e., as a percentage of the target's HP) damage is what provides more BXP. There are two options: either that BB player did a lot more absolute damage than you (enough for compensating the XP the kills give) and/or he did more relative damage by hitting small ships, and that's just taking into account damage only, because other factors are also in play (achievements, capture and defence ribbons, etc).

Salute.

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles
12 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

I dont quite get the logic. For example this is my post match screen. With this all I only got second place, the first was taken by a BB with 0 kills opposed to my 3. Am i supposed to single handedly wipe out the enemy team to get first place ?

20210115_171435.jpg

"Places" are not distributed, they are earned. He just did stuff that was better rewarded, like shooting DD or Cruisers.

P.S. Please use the screenshot function of your computer and do not photograph your screen. We are not in the 80s...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[-TAP-]
Players
358 posts
8,758 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Shooting higher tier DDs is always profitable :)

Albeit in all fairness finding a higher tier DD is somewhat tricky in a Zao!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles
2 minutes ago, Pandafaust said:

Albeit in all fairness finding a higher tier DD is somewhat tricky in a Zao!

Easy. Just stay near your DD. They will find one for you.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,882 posts
9,489 battles
18 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

P.S. Please use the screenshot function of your computer and do not photograph your screen. We are not in the 80s...

you're right, we're running in the 90s! (no ok really, this didn't make anyone laugh, admit it)

33 minuti fa, Vana_Kurat ha scritto:

20210115_171435.jpg

a button called "PRINTSCREEN" on your keyboard is useful, like @ColonelPete suggested you

[-DTB-]
Players
15 posts
4,473 battles
4 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

you're right, we're running in the 90s! (no ok really, this didn't make anyone laugh, admit it)

a button called "PRINTSCREEN" on your keyboard is useful, like @ColonelPete suggested you

Im not that stupid as you think. Im writing the message from my phone.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
3,138 posts
10,750 battles

@Vana_Kurat If i kill two T8 DDs for +-20k each and you kill 1,5 T8 BB for +- 100k dmg, i still end above you despite you doing more damage.

XP is calculated by ship hp% dmg done. So that is why you absolutely should focus DDs with your BB.

One hit for 3k dmg on a DD can be the equivalent xp of doing a citadel on a BB.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-DTB-]
Players
15 posts
4,473 battles
33 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Your rank in the team is - more or less - entirely to do with how much proportional damage you do, so you'll do better if you blow up DDs than BBs; you also get bonus points for damaging things of higher tier than you (and a reduction where the reverse is the case)...

Edit: there is more here: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

Well all participants were tier 10, so higher tier doesn't work here. Do you mean that DDs are valued higher than BBs? And what you're having is irrelevant? So I killed 2 BBs and 1 so called super cruiser like Stalingrad in a normal cruiser, but killing DDs would bring more XP ?

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles
16 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

Well all participants were tier 10, so higher tier doesn't work here. Do you mean that DDs are valued higher than BBs? And what you're having is irrelevant? So I killed 2 BBs and 1 so called super cruiser like Stalingrad in a normal cruiser, but killing DDs would bring more XP ?

One whole DD has the same value as one whole BB.

When you mainly targeted BB and Supercruisers, your damage is not high. A single Tier X BB can earn you more than 100k damage without sinking.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,933 posts
15,447 battles
14 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

There's more if you follow the link, but in general it helps to think along the following lines:

• Damage is the most important thing, and it needs to be *proportional* damage i.e. 10% of the hp knocked off a BB will get you the same rewards as knocking 10% off a DD (assuming they're the same tier).
  • To put it another way, a hit that does 10K hp of damage to something with a low hp total (so, DD, for example) will get you far more xp/silver than an absolutely identical hit to something with a higher hp total (so, a fatty).
  • If there is tier variation in the teams, shooting higher tier things rewards you more than shooting lower tier things.
  • You get some rewards for capping, spotting etc. (and shooting down planes, which can come in handy if someone parks fighters over your head), and a bonus for kills (again, more in the article I linked) but it is damage that is the key driver.

So, if you knock every last hp off a full health BB (so killing him), you will get the exact same rewards as if you did the same to a DD of the same tier even though - in pure hp terms - you did a lot more damage to the BB than to the DD. Crucially though, most of your rewards come from the damage; the rewards from the actual kill are comparatively trivial...

[SM0KE]
Players
6,933 posts
15,447 battles
27 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

killing DDs would bring more XP ?

Every hit on a DD will reward you more than equivalent hits on BBs of the same tier; this is one reason why cruisers should blast DDs as a priority.

Yet another reason is that sinking DDs (and radars too, come to that) is more likely to win you the game, and you get a big boost to rewards from a win (although it won't change your relative position within your team, of course).

[LX]
Players
292 posts
20,591 battles

The BB player could have had a frustrating match.

Wiping out a large proportion of the health of several ships only for them to be finished off by the rest of the team.

Could just imagine in him/her at the end of the match "250k damage done and not one :etc_swear: kill!"

Damage wise DDs are more valuable as the XP earned is derived from the proportion of the target's initial health you have removed.

So 10k damage done to a DD with 15k health is worth more than 30k damage done to BB with 90k of health.

Even though 3 times damage has been done to the BB the DD received 66.7% damage, but the BB only had 33.3% damage done to it.

Beta Tester
5,701 posts
22,522 battles
53 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

Im not that stupid as you think. Im writing the message from my phone.

So, how is that to make You less stupid? I guess it is a smart phone, right? :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Easy. Just stay near your DD. They will find one for you.

Dude, it was about killing a HIGHER tiered DD in a (T10) Zao and that would be problematic...

Thought I try to explain it to You, as You seem to make a habit out of missing obvious things... or ignoring them... or whatever.. :Smile_trollface:

16 minutes ago, NewHorizons_1 said:

The BB player could have had a frustrating match.

Wiping out a large proportion of the health of several ships only for them to be finished off by the rest of the team.

Could just imagine in him/her at the end of the match "250k damage done and not one :etc_swear: kill!"

Which, in the end, would matter sh*t, as it's not the kill that gives the exp, but the % damage... why - as see it - spamming HE is probably most frustrating thing to do, as the "burned" HP can usually healed quite well, which then - as I understand it - raises the HP pool of the target and lessens the "effective" - considering the "exp for damage ratio" - damage done for the people damaging this ship. Or do I get the mechanic wrong here?

Of course nearly no player really understands this all exp mechanics work... considering that there seem to still be tons of players that think taking less damage would also mean having to pay "lower repair costs", especially among the "muh big boom BB ship" :Smile-_tongue:

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles
6 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Dude, it was about killing a HIGHER tiered DD in a (T10) Zao and that would be problematic...

Higher Tier has two meanings: Higher Tier compared to your Tier, higher Tier in relation to all WoWs ships.

A Shima is a higher Tier ship in the game, no matter in what Tier you sit.

It was obvious how the initial statement was meant.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
5,701 posts
22,522 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Higher Tier has two meanings: Higher Tier compared to your Tier, higher Tier in relation to all WoWs ships.

A Shima is a higher Tier ship in the game, not matter in what Tier you sit.

It was obvious how the initial statement was meant.

Wow... yeah, your ability to twist reality to make it fitting to what You think is uncomparable...

Laughable, but uncomparable...

:Smile_medal:

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
2 hours ago, Vana_Kurat said:

20210115_171435.jpg

killing not matters in position at all, what matters is your activity, if you camp behind rock then activity stops in some point, then others get better change

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles
10 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Wow... yeah, your ability to twist reality to make it fitting to what You think is uncomparable...

Laughable, but uncomparable...

:Smile_medal:

Yes, you are right. nambr9 was for sure talking about Tier XI+ DD. How could I miss that :Smile_facepalm:

• Bad 1

[-DTB-]
Players
15 posts
4,473 battles

Which all drives me to the point that the balance in the game is biased towards DDs. They are ridiculously overpowered, as well as HE shells.

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
12 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

Which all drives me to the point that the balance in the game is biased towards DDs. They are ridiculously overpowered, as well as HE shells.

So a system that incentivizes people to shoot DDs since they gain more rewards for the same total amount of damage dealt (due to the lower HP-pool) makes it easier for DDs because... ?

Players
2,323 posts
20,586 battles
10 minutes ago, Vana_Kurat said:

Well the way XP is calculated rewards players who damage the enemy DDs, this is a double edged sword for DD players. They are rewarded for damage done to enemy DDs, but also means anyone who knows how the game works is always looking for an opportunity to shoot at them. 

I wouldn't say it makes the game biased towards DDs but it does make them high value targets.

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles

LOL. do we really need to put a serious answer out here? Guess not.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

They are ridiculously overpowered, as well as HE shells.

Maybe you should try to play them first?...

Also as for Cruisers, you are doing better in BBs anyway, so cant be that OP :cap_old: