You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Balha_Milan

USS Oklahoma available for purchase in the future?

26 comments in this topic

[MBGER]
Players
8 posts
569 battles

Hi everyone!

I'm kinda new here so I don't really know how these things usually go but:

Will the USS Oklahoma be available for purchase in the future?

I know it was possible to get it through an event but I unfortunately heard about it too late an couldn't get it.

I'm asking if any of the older players here remember if any such thing ever happened in the past where an event vehicle became available to purchase after the event? If yes, what is the possiblity of WG doing it with the Oklahoma?

I really wanna get that ship for my collection.

Thanks for the answers in advance!

[_SAR_]
Players
33 posts
12,518 battles

I got it for free by the event. I do not suggest to buy it even if available. Very boring ship

• Cool 3

[MBGER]
Players
8 posts
569 battles
2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Do you really want that piece of garbage? 38s reload; inaccurate guns, no armour

I do. I'm more of a collector type of player: there are bunch of ships in history I want to own in the game, even if they aren't that fun to play.

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
12 minuti fa, Balha_Milan ha scritto:

I do. I'm more of a collector type of player: there are bunch of ships in history I want to own in the game, even if they aren't that fun to play.

Ah, in that case i understand. Justified. :Smile_Default:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles
2 hours ago, Balha_Milan said:

I'm asking if any of the older players here remember if any such thing ever happened in the past where an event vehicle became available to purchase after the event? If yes, what is the possiblity of WG doing it with the Oklahoma?

Klopirat has already mentioned about the Containers, those are your best bet. Some event ships have made it to the shop eventually, but the Dockyard ones haven't, yet. 

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
601 posts
4,990 battles
5 hours ago, Balha_Milan said:

Hi everyone!

I'm kinda new here so I don't really know how these things usually go but:

Will the USS Oklahoma be available for purchase in the future?

I know it was possible to get it through an event but I unfortunately heard about it too late an couldn't get it.

I really wanna get that ship for my collection.

Thanks for the answers in advance!

Dudeeee dont buy that ship, its awfulllllll, trust me. Not worth 1 dollar. 

Players
512 posts
5,790 battles

Would be nice if such ships could be used as decorations in port - imagine having Oklahoma being parbuckled upright in the background of your hawaii port ;-)

[MBGER]
Players
8 posts
569 battles
2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Dudeeee dont buy that ship, its awfulllllll, trust me. Not worth 1 dollar. 

As I mentioned above, I want to get her not because of her performance but because I'm collecting certain ships

[MBGER]
Players
8 posts
569 battles
1 hour ago, bobtherterrible said:

Would be nice if such ships could be used as decorations in port - imagine having Oklahoma being parbuckled upright in the background of your hawaii port ;-)

War Thunder actually does that: vehicles of your current lineup are parked in the background of the hangar, and I agree, it would be a great feature in WoWS too.

Players
42 posts
1,917 battles

Not worth spending cash on her, wait for the collection containers to come in the armory, tho i suspect they are not going to be priced at 1k per container, the collection reward is a premium ship after all so maybe 3-5k. If you need a few more duplicates to complete the collection buy them, if not, the ship is not worth spending too much coal on it either.

[MBGER]
Players
8 posts
569 battles
2 hours ago, Cheeky_chappie said:

Not worth spending cash on her, wait for the collection containers to come in the armory, tho i suspect they are not going to be priced at 1k per container, the collection reward is a premium ship after all so maybe 3-5k. If you need a few more duplicates to complete the collection buy them, if not, the ship is not worth spending too much coal on it either.

Thanks for the advice :D

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
On 1/15/2021 at 10:21 AM, wot_2016_gunner said:

Do you really want that piece of garbage? 38s reload; inaccurate guns, no armour

Not to mention slow, even for a USN low tier BB.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,284 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, Balha_Milan sagte:

Well, seems like their plans changed. 0.10.5 is out and the Always Courageous containers are nowhere :(

Vor 16 Stunden, Crysantos sagte:

Update @Domize: They will be added later in this Update :)

so maybe also around Independence Day...

Players
40 posts
371 battles
On 1/15/2021 at 2:07 PM, invicta2012 said:

Some event ships have made it to the shop eventually, but the Dockyard ones haven't, yet. 

This was going to be my slighty on/off topic question: if dockyard ships have ever gone on sale for $$$ or dubloons at a later time, but I guess not...shame...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles
2 hours ago, undutchable80 said:

This was going to be my slighty on/off topic question: if dockyard ships have ever gone on sale for $$$ or dubloons at a later time, but I guess not...shame...

Not the ones being constructed in the Dockyard, tbh. Ones that you get "along the way" like Gorizia, yes. 

I do think they should sell Oklahoma, tbh. As a daft secondary BB for the lolz she's *much* more fun than Agincourt. 

WG Staff
3,470 posts
15,402 battles
2 hours ago, undutchable80 said:

Not until now :)

About Oklahoma - not planned in the near future as far as I know (since it's available through the collection containers). But maybe at a later point :)

Greetings, Crysantos

[MBGER]
Players
8 posts
569 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

Not until now :)

About Oklahoma - not planned in the near future as far as I know (since it's available through the collection containers). But maybe at a later point :)

Greetings, Crysantos

You mentioned at that other forum post that the containers will be available later in this update. Can you tell around when? Also how much coal will they cost (they will be available for coal right?)

WG Staff
3,470 posts
15,402 battles
4 minutes ago, Balha_Milan said:

You mentioned at that other forum post that the containers will be available later in this update. Can you tell around when? Also how much coal will they cost (they will be available for coal right?)

Unfortunately I can't say more than what I said before, but it'll happen during this Update.

Greetings, Crysantos

Players
15 posts
6,712 battles

To those who say that the Oklahoma is trash: It has a very important function. Play one Oklahoma match before every match in the Kansas to make that rustbucket almost feel like a battleship.