Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
K82J

HMS Agincourt and IJN Hyuga confirmed

39 comments in this topic

[BIF]
Players
449 posts
5,929 battles

These new ships were revealed during the current stream :

HMS Agincourt :

1316138286_Screenshot_2021-01-14ENWaterlineQAwithDevsNewsandAnnouncements-YouTube.thumb.png.3cc66061cbc866130c48a843030a765c.png

IJN Hyuga

1865773276_Screenshot_2021-01-14ENWaterlineQAwithDevsNewsandAnnouncements-YouTube(1).thumb.png.c35490dea0edb6a73f1ea91c95f6823c.png

• Cool 9

[NECRO]
Players
3,053 posts

Ah, finally the 7 turret 14 gun longboat.

Don't know why they introduce Hyuga, but it looks like it's the original version and a tier lower than Ise, like the Mutsu/Nagato sisters... though the step from Fuso to Hyuga can not be very big.

Players
121 posts
124 battles

Screams in Turkish 

7x2 305mm at tier 5... this one is going to be riddled with poor dispersion and/or poor penetration. Hopefully only the former as the idea of having a tier 5 Fuso is pretty appealing. 

Still waiting for Averoff and Yavuz .-.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,642 posts
19,083 battles
13 minutes ago, Pururut said:

7x2 305mm at tier 5... this one is going to be riddled with poor dispersion and/or poor penetration. Hopefully only the former as the idea of having a tier 5 Fuso is pretty appealing.

Tier V Lyon confirmed! Should be fun  - the gun efficiency will be limited (those are Mikasa/Kawachi/Dreadnought guns, btw) but through enough at the wall and something's going to stick....

[SM0KE]
Players
6,876 posts
15,417 battles

Agincourt at last! Hurrah! If the Dev Blog isn't teasing, " numerous secondary battery guns, which have long range for the tier." sounds distinctly promising - a properly manly T5 would be most welcome!

Hyuga sounds a bit more 'meh'; still, another premium for Narai might come in handy...

• Cool 7

[4_0_4]
Players
8,112 posts
14,609 battles

Hyuuga not as BBV? So Ise will have to carry that burden.

But finally the Ise class. Unfortunatly as prem instead of a second IJN BB line.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,795 posts
1,060 battles

Finally Agincourt comes, still wouldn't have put her at tier V but there you go, will have to see how she manages.

Players
270 posts
3,016 battles

No speed, no armour, no AA, long reload, low calibre at T5?

Once the charm of the gun count wears off I don't think many will find the Agincourt very impressive.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,876 posts
21,601 battles

Would have loved Hyuga like 2-3 years ago.

Now though? Yeah, have fun facing CVs and T9 MM with it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
65 posts
6,312 battles
1 hour ago, Pururut said:

7x2 305mm at tier 5... this one is going to be riddled with poor dispersion and/or poor penetration.

According to the stream and Dev Blog she has 1.8 sigma and on stream they said she had Improved Pen and ricochet angles it seems that her draw back is Literally zero AA and a 36 second reload on her 14 12 inch guns.

And at the point of T5 305 is getting a bit old, in fact I think she might be the only T5 BB with 12 inch guns though could be wrong (edit: And as pointed out I was wrong with Konig and Viribus Unitis)

As for the ships in general Im quite excited by these new ships Agincourt was one of the ships I have wanted for some time and Hyuga could be rather interesting as well I am quite looking forward to see.

Edited by Dragon200052
Correcting information about ship caliber

Players
65 posts
6,312 battles
2 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

Konig is 10x12" if memory serves.

You are indeed correct. Completely forgot about German WW1 ships often having slightly lower caliber guns.

[BIF]
Players
449 posts
5,929 battles
8 minutes ago, Dragon200052 said:

According to the stream and Dev Blog she has 1.8 sigma and on stream they said she had Improved Pen and ricochet angles it seems that her draw back is Literally zero AA and a 36 second reload on her 14 12 inch guns.

And at the point of T5 305 is getting a bit old, in fact I think she might be the only T5 BB with 12 inch guns though could be wrong.

As for the ships in general Im quite excited by these new ships Agincourt was one of the ships I have wanted for some time and Hyuga could be rather interesting as well I am quite looking forward to see.

Viribus Unitis.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,642 posts
19,083 battles
4 minutes ago, K82J said:

Viribus Unitis.

A splendid and much under rated ship. Which you don't own.

(Unless you were making the point that it's a 12 inch gun ship on Tier V... in which case, sorry).

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
752 posts
15,492 battles
16 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Would have loved Hyuga like 2-3 years ago.

Now though? Yeah, have fun facing CVs and T9 MM with it.

pretty sure we had CVs and T9 MM 2-3 years ago

[BIF]
Players
449 posts
5,929 battles
6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

A splendid and much under rated ship. Which you don't own.

(Unless you were making the point that it's a 12 inch gun ship on Tier V... in which case, sorry).

Yes, i was replying about the 12 inch gun part. And i owned her for a while, just went away with my Santa crate refund.

Edit : i think i didnt played a battle in her, but i probably gonna buy her again one day, since she is the closest resemblance to the Szent Istvan in the game.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,642 posts
19,083 battles
1 minute ago, K82J said:

Yes, i was replying about the 12 inch gun part. And i owned her for a while, just went away with my Santa crate refund.

NP, I realised I had misunderstood what you really meant. Sorry for my misunderstanding. Get the VU back if you can, btw - she's really quite fun! 

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,298 posts
30,534 battles
37 minutes ago, Dragon200052 said:

... in fact I think she might be the only T5 BB with 12 inch guns though could be wrong (edit: And as pointed out I was wrong with Konig and Viribus Unitis)

Oktyabrskaya Revolyutsiya is another 12inch guns BB at T5.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,434 posts
4,673 battles
3 hours ago, Pururut said:

Screams in Turkish 

Still waiting for Averoff and Yavuz .-.

If history is anything to go by... Poor pen. The RN was basically dumping its worst leftover shells in her magazines going back as far as 1890...

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,424 battles
4 hours ago, K82J said:

These new ships were revealed during the current stream :

HMS Agincourt :

... YAY!:cap_like:

IJN Hyuga

Another Yay!:Smile_teethhappy:

Now, just Tone / Chikuma and I can begin to rest easy at nights... :Smile_great::fish_sleep:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this