You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

WG its time you fix the "guns wont fire" bug

48 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,081 battles

I just smash the mouse till it fires. But I love the fact when i shoot the 1st turret and second one doesn't shoot whatever I do and 1st turret reloads and shoots again. :D

I mean. Just WHAT.

• Cool 5

Players
1,994 posts
10,756 battles

that doesn't affect me since a while, after i changed computers no problems whatsoever. (i shouldn't post here because i am not affected BUT ok)

i don't think its lag because i had it when i had a mediocre computer for this game, but i am sure everyone affected by the problem is having a nice computer to play this game... otherwise i would only ping a wg staff and leave the job to him

[THESO]
Players
5,137 posts

This has nothing to do with specs.

I rarely had this problem, but lately its noticable increase.

I have seen several streamers having it in the past month.

• Cool 1

Clan Test Coordinator
391 posts
19,665 battles

This is a highly frustrating bug. There is definitely something gone from bad to worse. I’ve had several cases where I have pre-selected another shell type and after reload, tried to shoot. Not only the fact that guns will not fire in several seconds, but when they finally do, only one turret will fire.

First few cases I blamed myself for turning the ship or guns, but now after several cases I’m convinced that it is not the case, since this happens even on stationary ships. Can happen multiple times in one battle, too.

• Cool 3

[NEXT]
Players
144 posts
8,881 battles

They talked about it in the wows stream. They know there is a bug, but it sounded like they have no clue how to solve it or what is causing it...

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Korzár
3,490 posts
14,992 battles

Same problem yesterday. 10-20s cant shoot in moment if enemy ship goes broadside

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
189 posts
10,262 battles

WG fixing something critical?

• Funny 1

Players
153 posts
19,798 battles
11 hours ago, LucyCZ said:

Same problem yesterday. 10-20s cant shoot in moment if enemy ship goes broadside

Yup.  Had a few of those recently as well

[THIR]
Players
965 posts
4,701 battles
11 hours ago, JeanLouisII said:

They talked about it in the wows stream. They know there is a bug, but it sounded like they have no clue how to solve it or what is causing it...

More like it doesn't affect CVs so they have no interest to find out what's causing it or how to fix it.

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,393 posts
4,232 battles
17 hours ago, nambr9 said:

This is a bug old as the game itself.

But lately its worse and worse.

Just today I had 3 games where guns and torps would not fire for at least 5-10 seconds.

No lag issues, ping normal, no shuttering or lag spikes ... so I don't know what is happening.

@MrConway since you are the only one still partly active WG staff member on the forum  -  I am pinging you, so that maybe, just maybe you can use some internal channel to ping the developers to look into the problem.

EDIT:

I have highlighted the question on today's stream. 

I got an answer that the bug is difficult to locate / identify / fix and was asked to submit a ticket with attached replay. I did (ticket id: 129105368).

Hopefully developers identify the problem and fix it, because of all the bugs this one is purely game-breaking.

Thank you. no9.

Please send a replay + bug report next time it occurs, more data always helps isolate the issue.

• Funny 4

[THESO]
Players
5,137 posts
7 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Please send a replay + bug report next time it occurs, more data always helps isolate the issue.

Will do. Take care!

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
196 posts
2,605 battles

I can confirm, its getting worse, much worse. But when this bug occurs is totally random. sometimes 10 games in row are fine

[EXCEL]
Players
88 posts
14,503 battles

Never had this Problem before but since a few Weeks i have it at least once a Day

Players
386 posts
12,894 battles

it is getting worse, cant wait for it to do something in cb or kots 

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
34,075 battles
19 hours ago, arquata2019 said:

that doesn't affect me since a while, after I changed computers no problems whatsoever.

Good that it worked for you! Months ago I partly upgraded my PC because I suspected my equipment to cause that delayed firing. And I needed a bigger SSD, so why not upgrade to a brand new router, faster memory etc.

Didn´t help at all. I even removed my 160€-soundcard and use on-board sound :Smile_facepalm: - didn´t help (Creative-soundcards are known to cause problems). My ping is always at 35msec, unchanged in the last 5 years. So I blame it on WG´s side.

(This is not to contradict you arquata, just sharing my efforts and results in trying to resolve this issue)

Players
1,994 posts
10,756 battles
34 minuti fa, VIadoCro ha scritto:

Good that it worked for you! Months ago I partly upgraded my PC because I suspected my equipment to cause that delayed firing. And I needed a bigger SSD, so why not upgrade to a brand new router, faster memory etc.

Didn´t help at all. I even removed my 160€-soundcard and use on-board sound :Smile_facepalm: - didn´t help (Creative-soundcards are known to cause problems). My ping is always at 35msec, unchanged in the last 5 years. So I blame it on WG´s side.

(This is not to contradict you arquata, just sharing my efforts and results in trying to resolve this issue)

that's weird..

Well, i guess ill stay on this thread and ill see what players will say (if almost everyone is affected by this) and i will try to help as much as i can.

Players
2,936 posts
34,623 battles
2 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

it is getting worse, cant wait for it to do something in cb or kots 

Right, I had this experience in almost every other game yesterday and today.

Players
327 posts
5,103 battles

In my case, I always found that there was a lag where I can't fire my guns every time I use the special reload consumable on Jean Bart.

[-TAP-]
Players
477 posts
8,930 battles
5 hours ago, Communist_Loli said:

In my case, I always found that there was a lag where I can't fire my guns every time I use the special reload consumable on Jean Bart.

Agree with this comment, it's far more noticeable on my Jean Bart, particularly after using the reload booster.

Had a particularly frustrating experience earlier today where I wasn't able to get off a final salvo at a broadside gneisenau with a little over 1k hp left, leaving his secondaries to strip the last 3k off my ship for the win :cap_viking:.

[-WHO-]
Players
140 posts
12,418 battles

Seen that bug first yesterday in a Jutland, couldn't shoot inside the cap for a few seconds WOW this was so frustrating...I promise to send what ever needed, But WG needs to fix the replay bugs first cause I can't do normal replays since last update.