Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

PSA: Commander skills - opt-in skill reset

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
356 posts
7,455 battles

Sad they already give free respecs and they think of people that have many and still people find a way to suspect foulplay. I hope they give me a button to eliminate free respec for the people of this thread that attack them over this. I will hammer it.

At least have the decency to say that you messed up.

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
On 1/16/2021 at 3:23 AM, Pappus said:

Sad they already give free respecs and they think of people that have many and still people find a way to suspect foulplay.

At least have the decency to say that you messed up.

That's not how business works sadly, I build housing for a living, for every 10 homes I build - There's 1 where I or one of my employees made a small mistake. A pipe leaking, an airvent or a door squeeking. Those people lose their minds if I don't come and fix it on a sunday, everyone else that's 100% satisfied for the next 30 years I'll never hear from again.

• Bad 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,953 posts
20,778 battles
On 1/15/2021 at 5:29 PM, Bellegar said:

Nice, so I'm not the only person to play those two in reverse order :crab:

I played AC 2 when it came out, wasn't impressed and never touched them again. Played Odyssey because a friend recommended it, loved the 'proper' RPG elements and decided to buy Origins afterwards. 

Currently finalising Origins, and waiting for my new pc (which will arrive when Nvidia sacrifices enough virgins to the gods to poop out a proper number of 3080s) after which I'll play Valhalla. 

Meanwhile I've only played WOWS the least amount of time possible to collect the free Santa Crates from T10 ships. I have to admit I expected to miss the game more, I find it quite easy to just forget about it....

Reverse order? Well, depends how you look at it.

Odyssey came after Origins, so yeah, than it's reverse.

However, Origins is set a couple hundred years after Odyssey. :)

Being a history nerd, i played the first AC and liked a lot of the setting and partially the story.

However, the gameplay - especially the side "missions" - were utter crap.

Tried the second one but it was more of the same, so i never got beyond the initial stages of the game.

An i never bothered with other titles.

AC: Syndicate was the one i was really looking forward to, because history nerd and the time frame is one of my favs (in regards to modern age).

Oh boy, what a disappointment.

While the main story was pretty ok, the gameplay was dull, boring and repetitive.

I just couldn't be arsed to play the same couple of missions, i.e. free children, kill x amount of gang members in area y, fight boss, rinse, lathe, repeat over and over again.

Maybe, i give it another go some time in the distant future.

This of course, didn't make me really exited about Origins and Odyssey, as i feared, they're like Syndicate, just in  earlier centuries.

However, Jingles playthrough of Odyssey changed this.

And while Odyssey is technically more of the same, it gives a lot of freedom, is visually appealing and has one of the best story lines ever put in a PC game, with a lot of very well done characters.

And the best part is, i do not have to to the repetitive bits to progress. And the whole Abstergo BS is down to a minimum, which was always a chore to sit through in earlier games.

It is, for me at least, one of the best games ever, and in my personal top 5 of games.

I have no idea how Origins is, in terms of story and gameplay, but Ancient Egypt is one of my fav periods of the olden age and i did a lot of research and exams back in the days of education camps in that area.

Feel free to spoiler, as i'd rather know it's worth suffering through a few boring bits. ^^

Valhalla is a fraking disappointment.

In every regard. Gameplay. Story. Characters (with a very few exceptions). Abstergo/ Isu BS.

So i thought, i could play WoWS and gets into serious fits of rage for all the BS in this game, play AC: Valhalla and get into serious fits of rage in that game, despite not being in any shape of form invested in the story or characters (or, because of that?). :cap_viking:

Or i could play AC: Odyssey again, enjoy, story, gameplay, characters and have a good time while getting into fits of rage - aimed at members of the Cult of Kosmos.^^

Because they all deserve a good stabbing. :cap_like:

I wonder what's left now...which periods of time could UBI milk for another installment of the AC series?

AC: Neanderthals ?

AC: In the beginning ( a story of the first single cell organisms forming into clusters and the epic fight of a "Brotherhood of Bacteria" (BOBs), trying to prevent the "Order of Amoebas" to control the puddle of mud they live in. Play as male of female bacteria, and assassinate amoebas with organic wrist blades. See where the neternal fight, good vs. evil, order vs. chaos started. Pre-Order the ultimate edition now and get a napkin full of bacteria - where the entire dev team sneezed into - for free!)^^

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
6,972 posts

So handy to have this on a special page and not granted automatically.

The same quality service you get in any government or local office where the civil servants are legally required to give you the information you need to exercise your rights, but only if you know exactly what questions you need to ask. They don't, of course, volunteer any information unless you know the questions. I bet afterwards they have a giggle at peoples' expense who didn't know what they needed to ask...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
356 posts
7,455 battles
On 1/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, NikolayKuznetsov said:

That's not how business works sadly, I build housing for a living, for every 10 homes I build - There's 1 where I or one of my employees made a small mistake. A pipe leaking, an airvent or a door squeeking. Those people lose their minds if I don't come and fix it on a sunday, everyone else that's 100% satisfied for the next 30 years I'll never hear from again.

Yeah this behavior has really permuated all aspects of life. A really boring behavior & sad to boot. We should enrich each other, but instead it is blocking off and yelling when it is even remotely acceptable.

You find it in companies now trying not to respond and blocking their customers off because it gains them money. What a world.

Players
3,233 posts
23,012 battles

You know it would be

really good

if they did another version of this opt-in reset-all-captains page right before the next patch.

Maybe add a demount-all-modules button, too, while we're at it.

Cause the way things are going, that will in probability be the best time to drop out of the game for some time. What with the free commander skill point redistribution over (which is always a lot of fun) but the mess of the skill rework largely still in place, and them taking their usual sweet time and denying any mistakes and generally squeezing more profit out of the player sheeples and all.

But if you're gonna do the reset all manually before hunkering down and getting ready for spring and going outside once more and, you know, live a life with the lockdowns increasingly being lifted, and having fun doing things that do not involve rotting away in front of your PC, well. Now it's gonna be really unfun, what with potentially three to four builds for every high skill commander to reset and you needing to transfer him to the ship type in question before being able to just see if you actually did bother to even build a build for that type, never mind resetting it.

Sign in to follow this