Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

PSA: Commander skills - opt-in skill reset

31 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles

FYI, you will need to opt-in if you have a lot of commaders and you want to reset them.

I guess WG knows that reading is hard for 90% of the player base and hopes they forget about it?

Nah, WG would never do that... :Smile_trollface:

You can find this at the bottom of the article, which is usually the part of an article that only few ever read.

1.JPG.b7ccef6a80e74097b44819a7748c3968.JPG

• Cool 21
  • Angry 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,736 posts
11,834 battles

Ohhh eff this. This is effing a d move... They are just huuuuugeeee a holes now.

Eff all of this.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,537 battles

I thought it would go like this, but let's hope I remember to do it too or else it's going to suck big time... Especially considering I have about 87'tish number of 19 point commanders to reset to begin the hassle with... :Smile_amazed::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I'm sure they initially said it would be automatic.

I think they said, Skills which are similar will stay, and only those being removed also get removed from the commander :fish_palm:

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts
12 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I'm sure they initially said it would be automatic.

which would have been a nightmare....an automatic reset of all captains no matter if you want or not is a no-go...

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think they said, Skills which are similar will stay, and only those being removed also get removed from the commander :fish_palm:

Just now, Klopirat said:

which would have been a nightmare....and automatic reset of all captains no matter if you want or not is a no-go...

Yep and yes.

The main issue here is however, that WG deliberately avoids making the skill reset something everybody can access from within the game client (which they did previosly and how it works with discounts and on the PTS). They made it an external opt-in thing, a lot of players will miss. 

And that's a d*ck move.

Would be nice tho, if we could get this thread stickied, at least until the patch after the "Great Commander skill frak-up" patch goes live.

• Cool 12

[NECRO]
Players
3,170 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Jethro_Grey sagte:

FYI, you will need to opt-in if you have a lot of commaders and you want to reset them.

I will 100% try this with a minor alt first, so there is no stronk programming error that dismisses all my commanders instead of resetting them.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
52 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yep and yes.

The main issue here is however, that WG deliberately avoids making the skill reset something everybody can access from within the game client (which they did previosly and how it works with discounts and on the PTS). They made it an external opt-in thing, a lot of players will miss.

You can reset each captain from within the game. Resetting all captains at once is not a function that we have or ever had in game.

• Bad 2

[CORNG]
Players
2,139 posts
17,726 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

And that's a d*ck move.

But you will be able to reset individual captains for free so having the "reset all" button outside of the client is not comfortable but it is not a trap to get dublons.

Players
3,184 posts
22,855 battles

I'm usually not the one to give WG the benefit of the doubt.

But theoretically, this could just be them trying to be customer-friendly by creating a way to reset all the captains in one go while avoiding to force players into a general reset who do not want one for some reason.

Granted, that would be fairly uncharacteristic of Wargaming, especially since players have been calling for a mod or some feature in order to speed up or automaticize the total reset, and WG usually implement requested features about five years later at the soonest while filling the mean time with developing botched features that nobody ever wanted.

But hey.

• Cool 3

[RODS]
Players
1,822 posts
7,824 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

You get a month to do it for free, you can either do it individually per captain ingame or a button to do them all.

The one button to do em all sounds like a real good idea

Players
408 posts
4,293 battles
Il y a 4 heures, Jethro_Grey a dit :

Yep and yes.

And that's a d*ck move.

Would be nice tho, if we could get this thread stickied, at least until the patch after the "Great Commander skill frak-up" patch goes live.

Devil's advocate : it's easier maybe for them to code an external php function (or whatever coding language they use for their webpages) doing some actions on sql database (or whatever database engine they use), instead of doing something with the in-game engine. Bonus points as this solution avoids the need for a in-game patch to remove the reset button from the game engine when it's done, you only have to delete the webpage and the associated function.

I don't exactly like the sound of it, only saying it's a possibility given my (poor) knowledge of the game engine. 

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,736 posts
11,834 battles
11 hours ago, rage1750 said:

Remember, your feedback is important™

:Smile_trollface:

bummed-out-by-the-cable-company.jpg

• Funny 4

Players
2,336 posts
20,605 battles

The trick is to advertise this feature as far and wide across the game as possible, because we all know a month afterwards we will get several threads randomly pop up of people complaining about resets because didn’t know this was available.

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
21 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I hope I haven't uninstalled until then, found too many good games to even login this one.

Yep.

Haven't played WoWS in days, despite the fact that time is running out to get the t7 free ship from the campaigns. And i just don't care.

I made however significant progress in AC Odyssey and have installed AC Origins.

• Cool 5

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
16 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

You get a month to do it for free, you can either do it individually per captain ingame or a button to do them all.

Exactly, you can respec your commanders for free as many times as you want, until the release of Update 0.10.1. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,092 posts
1 hour ago, TheWarJaC said:

Exactly, you can respec your commanders for free as many times as you want, until the release of Update 0.10.1. 

Is there a reason we can't hit the 'respec all' button from the client, or from a newspost inside the client (if News is ever accessible again)?

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,518 posts
5 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I made however significant progress in AC Odyssey and have installed AC Origins.

Nice, so I'm not the only person to play those two in reverse order :crab:

I played AC 2 when it came out, wasn't impressed and never touched them again. Played Odyssey because a friend recommended it, loved the 'proper' RPG elements and decided to buy Origins afterwards. 

Currently finalising Origins, and waiting for my new pc (which will arrive when Nvidia sacrifices enough virgins to the gods to poop out a proper number of 3080s) after which I'll play Valhalla. 

Meanwhile I've only played WOWS the least amount of time possible to collect the free Santa Crates from T10 ships. I have to admit I expected to miss the game more, I find it quite easy to just forget about it....

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

This wont reset the ships they are the captains of will it ?

(i do not think it will but with the amount of ships i have i do want it explicitly stated)

[-TAP-]
Players
358 posts
8,758 battles
11 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

The trick is to advertise this feature as far and wide across the game as possible, because we all know a month afterwards we will get several threads randomly pop up of people complaining about resets because didn’t know this was available.

Let's be honest, WG could implement an in-client reset all buttons for the patch,  have an unavoidable pop up on game launch with the option to reset and a massive in-client countdown clock to the date when resetting commanders costs resources again but we'd still see regular threads created afterwards by people who missed them all for some reason.

Good idea to widely advertise it though, I'm certainly mentioning the option to any of my clan members when I see them on discord. 

• Cool 1

Players
270 posts
3,016 battles

WG are getting around this bug by giving ships ever longer reloads. By the time the next BB line ocmes out they will have 20min reloads and the player will never notice the bug!

Sign in to follow this