Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EpicGoldenCat

Getting Georgia

19 comments in this topic

Players
33 posts
4,241 battles

So Georgia will be gone soon. The price of it is 228000 coal in the armory and 171000 coal with the coupon applied. I am currently on 146k coal, should i even try to get it? And if so whats the fastest way to collect the required coal asap?

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

How much do you get per snowflake?

T5-7 silver ships give coal off snowflakes, do not even bother with modules, just get snowflake off, don't know if that would give enough alongside the daily quota.

So 1600 coal minimum from dailies and whatever you can farm from Snowflakes, unsure when Georgia is getting removed.

Far better info in this thread.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,903 posts
15,440 battles
11 minutes ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

should i even try to get it? And if so whats the fastest way to collect the required coal asap?

She's worth having, if there's nothing else that you want more, even if (like me) you aren't a BB main - she's one of the more efficient ships for doing secondary hits missions for a start, mainly due to the speed boost getting you into position - in Coop - before the DDs sink everything.

I do believe that the consensus is that she has a moderately high skill floor if you want to do well in Randoms (I can't really comment on this as my only real PvP experience in mine was the 'Pommern' Sprint, where she basically got me to R1).

To get the coal, get as many daily crates as you can (selecting 'more resources' of course), plus the daily missions that also award coal. Make sure  you've got all your snowflakes, plus I think there is some coal to be had in the dockyard event. You can always convert steel (from dailies and Ranked) too, but this isn't ideal - steel is too valuable, unless you have no other choice.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,903 posts
15,440 battles
23 minutes ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

coal

BTW if you want a quick way to inventory your snowflakes, this site is worthwhile: https://whaling.in.fkn.space/

If you click the 'Include ships I used to have in port' checkbox, it'll include things you've sold (if any), and might want to re-buy for the coal. If you tend to sell silver ships once you've advanced past them, this can be a good source of coal - assuming you have the silver to re-buy them. You don't need to fully equip them and/or put a decent captain in them, as you'll still probably get the necessary win in Coop anyway. It's worth holding onto these ships though, for future snowflake type events (else you waste a lot of silver every time you sell them); I have a modest 'mothball' fleet of just such ships, for exactly this reason...

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
438 posts
13,452 battles
1 hour ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

And if so whats the fastest way to collect the required coal asap?

Convert steel

Buy dockyard stages to finish the last few stages

Collect snowflakes, buy any T5+ ships you can

Buy crates which have a chance to drop coal (although you might as well just buy the ship with doubloons)

Do you daily missions and resource crates

[TORAZ]
Players
320 posts
14,002 battles

So Georgia will be gone soon. The price of it is 228000 coal in the armory and 171000 coal with the coupon applied. I am currently on 146k coal, should i even try to get it? And if so whats the fastest way to collect the required coal asap?

Yes, get her but dont convert steel on it!

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

You got plenty of time to get 30K coal even without snowflakes, just do your dailies and select resource containers, you should always select those anyway.

[SVX]
Players
1,380 posts
16,311 battles
1 minute ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

This might seem stupid but where do I look for daily missions?

combat mission tab in port ! but the most important thing for you is to only take resource crates  ! there you get coal.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,903 posts
15,440 battles

This might seem stupid but where do I look for daily missions?

Here:

image.thumb.png.0231452eaa18a328998a456c900365a4.png

You want the 'recurring' sub-section.

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
702 posts
2,279 battles
On 1/14/2021 at 1:57 PM, Miki12345 said:

Yes, get her but dont convert steel on it!

How do I convert steel, and what is the conversion rate? 

Also, why isn't it recommended to convert? 

Players
697 posts
28,411 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, damo74 sagte:

How do I convert steel, and what is the conversion rate? 

Also, why isn't it recommended to convert? 

1 Steel is worth 10 Coal, but certain very strong Tier 10 Ships like Stalingrad or Bourgogne can only be bought with Steel and you can only change your Steel into Coal.

You can not change Coal into Steel even if that would be very nice.

I would normally not recommand to pay Money for Coal but before someone uses his hard earned Steel for a Coal Ship he should use Money if he can´t wait until he get enough Coal from Containers

• Cool 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
8 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

very strong Tier 10 Ships like Stalingrad

Stalingrad isn't what she used to be, these days it's a petropavlovsk, but bigger, on fire, spotted from the moon and free real estate for MvR.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
31 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Stalingrad isn't what she used to be, these days it's a petropavlovsk, but bigger, on fire, spotted from the moon and free real estate for MvR.

Very much so. She’s clumsier, has much more freeboard / way more vulnerable side, and lacks hydro. Her advantages over the Petro would be the bigger and more accurate guns, and longer lasting radar - but those won’t be able to do as much if you get locked in a bow-on position where your only two options are to stay so you can get farmed by HE, or turn away so you can get citadeled off the map. Petro is much better ship.

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
702 posts
2,279 battles
8 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

1 Steel is worth 10 Coal, but certain very strong Tier 10 Ships like Stalingrad or Bourgogne can only be bought with Steel and you can only change your Steel into Coal.

You can not change Coal into Steel even if that would be very nice.

I would normally not recommand to pay Money for Coal but before someone uses his hard earned Steel for a Coal Ship he should use Money if he can´t wait until he get enough Coal from Containers

Thank you for the explanation. Ive never had very much steel to be honest, as I stay away from ranked battles. Plus I don't play all that much as you can see. 2000 battles since beta. 

So I'll likely never aquire enough steel for a ship at this rate. 

Players
938 posts
6,587 battles

Not sure of the source, but rumour has it that the removal of the ships (the date of patch 0.10.1 dropping) will be Februari 18, (Feb 17 on NA).

So you have a month left for getting coal.

You can get resource containers every day at the following thresholds:

• 2000 XP (minimum 400 coal - max 1200 coal)
  • 12500 XP (minimum 400 coal - max 1200 coal)
  • 37500 XP (mimimum 400 coal - max 1200 coal).

On average you will net 2000 coal every day if you get three daily containers.

Daily missions can get you 200 (nearly guaranteed if you play 3 to 6 games per day), or 400 coal every day. For those you have to play T5 and up.

So you can fairly easily average - depending on tiers and modes you play - get 2200 coal EVERY day. Clan bonuses can add to that as well.

[TORAZ]
Players
320 posts
14,002 battles
35 minutes ago, damo74 said:

Thank you for the explanation. Ive never had very much steel to be honest, as I stay away from ranked battles. Plus I don't play all that much as you can see. 2000 battles since beta. 

So I'll likely never aquire enough steel for a ship at this rate. 

Still, do not convert, the conversion rate is not worth it. Its much easier and faster to get coal manually.

Sign in to follow this