Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

DevBlog stupid changes

60 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles

Seriously? They make changes to commander skills, and some of them are decent(some nerfs to carrier skills) but other than that, they completely missed the skills that actually need fixing. 

They didn't even touch brawler for cruisers, a 4 point skill that isn't even activatable. They didn't touch the camping skill for battleships. Didn't do anything about cruisers not getting survivability skills, didn't do anything about light cruisers that can no longer mount aft for range. No, instead they made a 2% chabge to the AP skill, because that was clearly the most broken thing about the skills rework /s

Also only buffing base secondary accuracy of the German bbs, because as we all know, there are no other bbs that got shafted by the captain skills rework. Oh hello massa Georgia, Ohio, I didn't see you there. 

Wargaming just appear more incompetent every post they make. 

• Cool 17
  • Boring 1

Players
290 posts
4,275 battles
39 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Seriously? They make changes to commander skills, and some of them are decent(some nerfs to carrier skills) but other than that, they completely missed the skills that actually need fixing. 

They didn't even touch brawler for cruisers, a 4 point skill that isn't even activatable. They didn't touch the camping skill for battleships. Didn't do anything about cruisers not getting survivability skills, didn't do anything about light cruisers that can no longer mount aft for range. No, instead they made a 2% chabge to the AP skill, because that was clearly the most broken thing about the skills rework /s

Also only buffing base secondary accuracy of the German bbs, because as we all know, there are no other bbs that got shafted by the captain skills rework. Oh hello massa Georgia, Ohio, I didn't see you there. 

American secondaries are already very accurate on their own so how exactly are they shafted by the captain skills rework?

• Cool 6
  • Bad 9

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
7 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

American secondaries are already very accurate on their own so exactly are they shafted by the captain skills rework?

It might even end up as a buff, due to the range increase and ability to fire on both sides
Generally I find that I'd like my Massa to engage her secondaries earlier, which they will now do as far as I understood (11,3 vs 12kms).

As for armoured targets (BBs and CAs) the seconaries are usually so accurate that they all shatter on the belt or bow, while less accuracy would sling the occasional shell into the superstructure where it can actually pen.
As for DDs, slow american shell travel time usually doesn't hit an actively maneuvering DD at max range anyway.
Its really only a nerf vs bad DD captains that straight line fully detected in the open at near max range.

I will still have fun in my Massa with this change, but for Germans they really needed an accuracy buff.

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles
12 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

American secondaries are already very accurate on their own so exactly are they shafted by the captain skills rework?

They can't get accuracy through the captain skill anymore, and they are not getting that compensated for unlike the Germans. 

In the past, the American secondaries were more accurate, and the German ones had better pen and dpm. Now the American ones have nothing on the German ones. It's a direct nerf done in an indirect way. 

If you do a global nerf, and then give a buff to all relevantly affected ships except for one line, then you have directly nerfed that one line in a stealthy way. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,054 posts
4,797 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, thiextar sagte:

They can't get accuracy through the captain skill anymore, and they are not getting that compensated for unlike the Germans. 

In the past, the American secondaries were more accurate, and the German ones had better pen and dpm. Now the American ones have nothing on the German ones. It's a direct nerf done in an indirect way. 

If you do a global nerf, and then give a buff to all relevantly affected ships except for one line, then you have directly nerfed that one line in a stealthy way. 

Yes because you can already use them quite well without the captains skill. That + more range + compensation would make German bbs yet again infirioir. They also didn't change the retarded concealment skill for CVs. 

• Bad 2

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

The way I understand dovbleg post... Ger BB secondary dispersion is improved by 15% compared to most battleships, while US secondary premiums had around 40% tighter dispersion?

And secondary dispersion skill still applies to all BBs that decides to equip it... so?

While worse accuracy on captain skill for secondaries is net nerf for Massa/Georgia/Ohio, their base dispersion+secondary upgrade in slot 3 is almost enough to make secondaries usable without any commander skills. Said trio of ships currently get TOO accurate secondaries against enemies below 6km. Handy against yoloing destroyer, not so much against anything with armored belt, because thats the place where most shells land.

• Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles
Just now, Aixin said:

Yes because you can already use them quite well without the captains skill. That + more range + compensation would make German bbs yet again infirioir. They also didn't change the retarded concealment skill for CVs. 

Not aswell as you could before. Its a direct nerf to a premium and two special ships. Ships that most people probably got specifically because of the strong and accurate secondaries, which is now a trait that will be gone entirely.

Anyways, the direct nerf to american secondary battleships isnt my biggest gripe with the rework, just one of many things that are stupid and or broken with it.

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

The way I understand dovbleg post... Ger BB secondary dispersion is improved by 15% compared to most battleships, while US secondary premiums had around 40% tighter dispersion?

And secondary dispersion skill still applies to all BBs that decides to equip it... so?

While worse accuracy on captain skill for secondaries is net nerf for Massa/Georgia/Ohio, their base dispersion+secondary upgrade in slot 3 is almost enough to make secondaries usable without any commander skills. Said trio of ships currently get TOO accurate secondaries against enemies below 6km. Handy against yoloing destroyer, not so much against anything with armored belt, because thats the place where most shells land.

Their super-accuracy on secs were rarely an issue, as their secondaries were always the most useful at standoff fights or kiting at max sec range, you rarely want to get closer than that.

Point is that they wont have super accuracy anymore, they will only have decent accuracy, that is a direct nerf to a premium ship(which wargaming arent supposed to do) but more worryingly its a direct nerf to said premium ships defining characteristic, people bought massa because of the secondaries.

Anyways, its just one of the things that are broken about the commander rework, not sure why everyone is getting hung up on this one thing, i just mentioned it in passing...

• Cool 4

Players
7,554 posts
245 battles

good thing i left when i did lol.

that means we should expect the next powercreeping ships to arrive at somepoint.

• Cool 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

Point is that they wont have super accuracy anymore, they will only have decent accuracy, that is a direct nerf to a premium ship(which wargaming arent supposed to do) but more worryingly its a direct nerf to said premium ships defining characteristic, people bought massa because of the secondaries.

Still retain secondary accuracy advantage.

And WG putting game on its head to nerf premium ship via "global changes"? You must be new here...:cap_tea:

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Still retain secondary accuracy advantage.

And WG putting game on its head to nerf premium ship via "global changes"? You must be new here...:cap_tea:

Yeah my poor kutuzov... *sobs in belfast*

Also i can not shoot in my smokescreen with my yamato anymore.. ;_;

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
138 posts
13,047 battles
39 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

American secondaries are already very accurate on their own so how exactly are they shafted by the captain skills rework?

Because they are numerically/objectively/factually worse than they were before.

You know? Facts?

Maybe you do not know as you are white-knighting for WG in such an immature manner that you must be an adolescent.

• Cool 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
1 minute ago, DasTongle said:

Yeah my poor kutuzov... *sobs in belfast*

Also i can not shoot in my smokescreen with my yamato anymore.. ;_;

Open water stealth firing... actually useful anti air... Yamato as only BB with guns above 420mm...

• Funny 1

Players
290 posts
4,275 battles
8 minutes ago, britinmadrid said:

Because they are numerically/objectively/factually worse than they were before.

You know? Facts?

Maybe you do not know as you are white-knighting for WG in such an immature manner that you must be an adolescent.

Nice try with the troll attempt donkey boi, but I ain't biting this one. 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,754 posts
15,142 battles

17 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Their super-accuracy on secs were rarely an issue, as their secondaries were always the most useful at standoff fights or kiting at max sec range, you rarely want to get closer than that.

Anyways, its just one of the things that are broken about the commander rework, not sure why everyone is getting hung up on this one thing, i just mentioned it in passing...

Global nerfs is how Wargaming nerf premium ships. Ohio will remain strong but buffing other ships does not amount to a nerf to a specific ship.

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Global nerfs is how Wargaming nerf premium ships. Ohio will remain strong but buffing other ships does not amount to a nerf to a specific ship.

global nerf + specific buffs = specific nerfs. to put it simply:

global nerf = german bbs lose 1 efficiency point, american bbs lose 1 efficency point.

Specific buff = german bbs gain 1 efficiency point, american bbs gain nothing.

Net change = american bbs lose 1 efficiency point.

Since these two are the only relevant secondary lines, it does work as a direct nerf.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
19 minutes ago, thiextar said:

global nerf + specific buffs = specific nerfs. to put it simply:

global nerf = german bbs lose 1 efficiency point, american bbs lose 1 efficency point.

Specific buff = german bbs gain 1 efficiency point, american bbs gain nothing.

Net change = american bbs lose 1 efficiency point.

Since these two are the only relevant secondary lines, it does work as a direct nerf.

Id say tho, that the accuracy nerf for the manual secondary skill had a bigger impact on german secondaries, since they already were less accurate. If the accuracy gets so bad, that you barely hit at all, then they essentially are useless. F.e. Massas secondaries without Manual secondaries are not useless. Ive had moments, where my secondaries stopped dealing damage because they kept pounding the belt armor.

The secondaries for US BBs might be slightly worse, but question is: Does it matter?

• Cool 3

Players
290 posts
4,275 battles

I still honestly wouldn't be mad about the changes, or lack of, to American BB's as they'll still come out more accurate than the Germans even WITH the new buffs. 

If anything, I'd be crying about the lack of buffs to meme ships like the Sec built Shikishima and some French BB's. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Players
3,163 posts
22,808 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, thiextar sagte:

I am convinced it is never incompetence but pure, premeditated malice with these guys. A mixture of greed and sadism.

Incompetence only comes into play when they are too greedy to hire skilled workers like translators or copy writers for their menial tasks.

Spoiler

(Or more likely, they can't get any skilled ones any more after stiffing the last ones they hired. Which is of course pure speculation.)

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,188 posts
3,922 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

Watch this space. There will be fallout and ship stats changes needed for months once this lands.

This is only the beginning and it doesn't look like being much fun or balanced for the next few months TBH

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles

Ah well, commander skill rework tomorrow, and removal of smoke screens from all DDs as a global change next week.

WG is on a roll.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,754 posts
15,142 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Ah well, commander skill rework tomorrow, and removal of smoke screens from all DDs as a global change next week.

WG is on a roll.

Cue me frantically searching for a new dev blog...,:cap_wander:

[SHAD]
Players
3,754 posts
15,142 battles

In the twitch stream @MrConway seems to say that the secondary accuracy skill will now work without manually selecting a target?

Did anyone else hear this?

[MUMMY]
Players
676 posts
10,481 battles

"Clan battles

From 24th of February to 12th of April, the 12th Clan Battles season will be held on Tier IX ships in a 7 vs 7 format.

The details of the season will be announced later. blah blah blah....

Possible restrictions - goes on to list tier 10 ships....  

gg.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this