You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Commander Skills Update

419 comments in this topic

[-RNR-]
Players
1,243 posts

Why wait you have turned the Flint into a Useless Piece of Junk, Steel Legend, More like a Joke168.000 coal flushed down the sewer, My contempt grows every day. Say what you will but Sorry  I just see another in an endless line of Cash Grabs with no thought of the players opinions yet again .I would ask one pertinent question What is the point of Investing Time and Money into a game when the Game Owner/Developer can just take away that investment and make Worthless the Money given in good faith at a whim with No Recompense or Compensation:Smile_coin: :cap_money: :Smile_coin:

Just Checked the T- 3 Charleston outranges the Poor Flint now FGS

• Cool 23
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,889 posts
15,435 battles

I assume the entirely :etc_swear: ridiculous/unreasonable 1.2 million Captain XP to get from 19 points to 21 points is still there?

This rework had the potential to be quite worthwhile (with some tweaks here and there, and possibly less shafting of the various 'supercruisers'), right up to the point where this entirely unjustified mammoth turd was deposited on us. 1.2 million?! Magnificently effective way to roger the new players!

Edit: note for any new players reading this: it currently takes around 1.7 million to get to 19 points; you now have to find almost the same again to catch the old lags. Good luck with that!

• Cool 24

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles

"If a Commander is not tied to a ship of their specialization, they will be assigned to a ship of their specialization with the release of Update 0.10.0. This only applies to researchable ships."

-- What exactly happens when I have multiple different commanders that are trained for the same researchable ship?

"We'll keep a close eye on all ships and on how the updated skill system affects them. We will pay special attention to VII Flint, X Smolensk, and secondary battery battleships."

-- Are you NOT going to keep a close eye on Krasny Krym? She is another non-smoke AFT-mandatory cruiser.

• Cool 7

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles

Also, will there some update of the current clumsy commander carousel UI? Like adding filters similar to those available for the ship carousel?

• Cool 2

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles
13 minutes ago, CaiusJuliusBrutus said:

1100 doublons to retrain 22 commanders..... i have 353 commanders!!!  must I pay for them??

Do you realy need to move all of them to different ships?

[URUC]
Players
362 posts

49 minuti fa, The_EURL_Guy ha scritto:

We're here to tell you about the changes to the Commander skill system in Update 0.10.0.

Read it on the portal

It's me needing new glasses, or did you NOT post the DD skills?

Ah, and compliments about NOT listening to players about all this.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
38 posts
6,872 battles

I am surprised by the price for a new 10p captain ... 1500 dubs is just a lot :fish_viking:

• Cool 1

[MON]
Players
32 posts
15,728 battles

+AP 5% damage  for 30% longer fires and floding. Who with a right mind want this on BB ? 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 4

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,623 posts
9,647 battles

Same as always. WG gives what we didn't ask for. 

• Cool 16
  • Funny 2

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles
19 minutes ago, Exoist said:

I am surprised by the price for a new 10p captain ... 1500 dubs is just a lot :fish_viking:

It is the same price as the current one, as you can see in the armory.

EDIT And you also save any retraining cost as you would be able to recruit your commander directly to any ship, while the Armory ones come specialized for their nation's tier 1 ship and have to be retrained after the purchase.

Edited by Yamashiro42
  • Cool 1

[RDNT]
Players
144 posts
1 hour ago, CaiusJuliusBrutus said:

1100 doublons to retrain 22 commanders..... i have 353 commanders!!!  must I pay for them?? SCAMMERS!!!

Ez mate. If you want them on a different ship, yes that's gonna cost you 50 doubloons a pop (quite a write-off with 300+ commanders)

If, as I presume, you wanna keep the commanders on the ship you already have them assigned to, then perhaps wait like written in the bottom of the article until the January 21st then you're able to reset all commanders with one click and then you'll have four weeks to your disposal to fiddle around with the skill points and reset them for free.

Again; if you want the commander on a different tech-tree there is a price to pay, this is no news.

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

"(...)Make sure that captains on premium ships are not accidently retrained to that premium ship or that commanders vanish(...)"

Pants! With the introduction of ship slots as rewards for daily/monthly missions it was a cheap way to store unused commanders on t1+t2 boats instead of having to purchase slots for reserve commanders.

Disclaimer; I still think this skill point reset is a rather unnecessary exercise in what appears to be yet another moneygrab and a clusterfuck in one, but the ~4 weeks of cost free reset and the addition of "one reset to rule them all"-button serves WG well.

[edit: typos etc.]

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
704 posts
21,763 battles

German BBs get a secondary accuracy bonus (still less accurate than before), but what about the French? There might not be many people that play them, but my secondary spec Alsace and République are amongst the most fun ships to play for me. They won't be any more with secondaries that can't hit s**t.

And Dead Eye is still stupid.

• Cool 12

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles
10 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

German BBs get a secondary accuracy bonus (still less accurate than before), but what about the French? There might not be many people that play them, but my secondary spec Alsace and République are amongst the most fun ships to play for me. They won't be any more with secondaries that can't hit s**t.

French secondary-build BBs are already very bad idea now, there is no change in that with the rework, except maybe some ppl that were using them get an option to rethink their decision for free.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OLEUM]
[OLEUM]
Players
30 posts
19,011 battles

I'm getting more and more disgusted with wargaming.

Having spent so much steel for the flint, who got nerved by the IFHE change and now getting drastically nerved of its range.

Give me my steel back !!!!!

• Cool 14

[GJE]
Players
63 posts
9,756 battles

Swift in Silence is an obsolete skill from the start. We need more speed once we are detected, not when we are undetected. We loose the speed bonus as soon as the CV finds us and the radars start going off.

Please do not nerf the current captain skills for we are using them now. We play our ships according to the current skills and all you are going to do is nerfing the current skill and our playstyle.

Do the torpedo focused destroyers also get additional skills to choose from or only the gunboat destroyers?

• Cool 1

[VETS]
Players
145 posts

It looks like WOWS wants to get rid of the longtime players. I have 160 ships and I can reset Skills on 22 of them. "Great". And then you can only do so if you first finish combat missions. This is the next move to get your money out of your pocket!

It is about time we put a stop to these criminal moves.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[BOTES]
Players
773 posts
11,950 battles

yet more reasons not to come back and play the game. cv rework started the rot and now I really cant be bothered with the game ... 7 months since I last loaded up a random and my clan once extremely active (and good) hardly plays.

just sad to see a great game abused this way to soak money from players.

• Cool 9

Players
12 posts
12 minutes ago, mel1111 said:

It looks like WOWS wants to get rid of the longtime players. I have 160 ships and I can reset Skills on 22 of them. "Great". And then you can only do so if you first finish combat missions. This is the next move to get your money out of your pocket!

It is about time we put a stop to these criminal moves.

Skills reset is free during the indicated period!

Retraining a captain to other ship (tech tree ships) is not free. You can retrain 22 captains with the "free" doubs!

• Cool 6

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles
16 minutes ago, mel1111 said:

It is about time we put a stop

Maybe you read the article first? You will be able to reset skills for free during the whole update.

(That part you are reffering to deals with retraining commanders to different ships.)

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[CHEFT]
Players
429 posts
5,131 battles
1 hour ago, loki51 said:

+AP 5% damage  for 30% longer fires and floding. Who with a right mind want this on BB ? 

Snipers lol, this whole rework just encouraging passive playstyles from BBs. What a joke.

• Cool 7