You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pikkozoikum

Buff the Kii

16 comments in this topic

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles

I had once this topic pre-rework. She got a buff, some at her armor and Torpedo range. Though I still think, this is not the issue. She has weaker guns than Amagi and actually her armor layout is slightly weaker than Amagi.

Thus the Kii trades better AA and Torpedos for weaker amor/guns. The thing is, that guns and armor are primary stats, while AA and torpedos are more like secondary stats. Which is a bad trade.

But that is actually not the topic. The thing is, what me really bothers, the Kii had once insane AA. Her AA was compared like the AA of an T10 Cruisers. The rating went up to 100.

The AA got changed, and instead that the Kii has these insane T10 AA, she got T8 BB AA like North Carolina or ther T8s. That's a big nerf. I think the Kii should get compensated, maybe adding DefAA?

I think it would feel better, just to have that.

• Cool 7

[DREAD]
Players
10,858 posts
7,471 battles

I really love the ship what whatever reason - so I certainly support this request. She is all round inferior to Amagi I would say 

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
Just now, 1MajorKoenig said:

I really love the ship what whatever reason - so I certainly support this request. She is all round inferior to Amagi I would say 

Well, in the 1vs1 brawl, she was superior over Amagi :D

But for Randoms, generally she is, yes

Players
259 posts
4,945 battles

Does her gun dispersion or sigma need a minor buff? I would suggest so, but need to play her more to be more accurately informed! :)

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
3 hours ago, HappyFella said:

Does her gun dispersion or sigma need a minor buff? I would suggest so, but need to play her more to be more accurately informed! :)

As far as I know the Kii has 1.7 Sigma. Amagi has 1.8 Sigma. Also the german BBs have 1.8 Sigma, though the Germans have better dispersion pattern, while the japanese have a terrible vertical dispersion.

So technically I would say, yes, we could need the 1.8 Sigma. But then this ship would be also way better than Amagi probably, though still no op

I would be happy with the AA change, that it become a strong AA ship again

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles

Here the old AA test - Showing this as proof, that the ship had back then way better AA in relation to now. The Ship had AA like a T10 ship back then. Now the Ship has AA like a T8 Ship

The transformation failed. From a BB with T10 AA pre-rework it become a BB with T8 AA, instead of getting T10 AA of the current version of AA.

If I remember correctly, that BB had the best AA of all T8 and T9 BBs back then

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,811 battles

vote for 12km torpedos :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
677 posts
26,806 battles

Kii drives me nuts with its damn overpens....thats the main issue to me. 

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
58 minutes ago, SnuSnu_RIP said:

Though she has quite a normal pen capability, hasn't she?

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
677 posts
26,806 battles

I'm playing a lot of T8 BBs - and Kii is my bane... I prefer to play Gascoigne already 😂

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
180 posts
2,417 battles
4 hours ago, SnuSnu_RIP said:

Dont try Roma, the queen of overpens :D I am so used to overpens, that I am usually surprised, when I see penetration instead of overpen

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles

Weaker guns than the Amagi? Wut? They are the EXACT same guns, firing the EXACT same shells.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RODS]
Players
1,813 posts
7,821 battles
58 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Weaker guns than the Amagi? Wut? They are the EXACT same guns, firing the EXACT same shells.

Exactly the same 410/45 3rd year type,  somehow they are the same but the guns do have slightly less range 19.38km  - 19.88km and lower sigma 1.7 - 1.8 

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
412 posts
9,618 battles

I am all in for a sigma buff and it's AA to be reinstated to what it used to be, before the AA rework.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
7 hours ago, Origin47 said:

I am all in for a sigma buff and it's AA to be reinstated to what it used to be, before the AA rework.

Hehe, well before the rework is unrealistic, just like i showed with that video, she shred planes. But back then, her AA was stronger to other ships, than her AA is now compared to current ships. That's why a DefAA consumable would be actually a good solution.

The Kii was supposed to be an AA monster, but now she is just a normal T8 BB with AA like any other T8

• Cool 1