Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.10.1, new ships (DB 112)

45 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,287 posts
4,366 battles

Hi,

Researchable tier VII-X German destroyers, as well as Japanese Tier VII battleship Huyga, German Tier VIII destroyer ZF-2 and British Tier V battleship Agincourt were added to the game for testing.

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 5

[4_0_4]
Players
8,343 posts
14,644 battles

Researchable tier VII-X German destroyers, as well as Japanese Tier VII battleship Huyga, German Tier VIII destroyer ZF-2 and British Tier V battleship Agincourt were added to the game for testing.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

German destroyers

In the upcoming supertest session, researchable Tier VII-X German destoyers will be added to the game: Z-31, Gustav Julius Maerker, Felix Schultz, and Elbing.

phpNICMak

phpLAJDmA

phpdJnceP

phpHHMEmN

Currently the concept of the alternative branch of German destroyers implies the following features:

• Accurate 150 mm guns
  • Powerful AP shells with good damage, penetration capability, and improved ricochet angles. HE shells, on the contrary, deal moderate damage per minute. 
  • Availability of the Hydroaccoustic Search and, starting from Tier VIII, the Defensive AA Fire consumable. However, the new destroyers do not have a Smoke Generator.
  • Great armor for the class.
  • Torpedoes with good reload time and decent speed, but average damage and range.

In terms of gameplay, the new German destroyers look like mobile mini-cruisers, relying mainly on powerful AP shells and armor. The main targets for the new ships are singled-out targets, especially light cruisers, which can be damaged significantly by their AP shells. These newcomers are not particularly effective in fighting for caps due to their high detectability range and lack of Smoke Generator.

German destroyer's characteristics

Characteristics of Z-31 will be announced later.

Test ships

German destroyer ZF-2, Tier VIII:

phpdeIimA

One of the unfinished French Le Hardi-class destroyers, captured by Germany in 1940. The project for the ship's completion assumed a complete replacement of the armament with German samples.
The ship has a low detectability range, is equipped with the Hydroacoustic Search and Main Battery Reload Booster consumables, but lack Smoke Generator. Like new researchable German destroyers, the ship has good armor and is quite mobile. With the Main Battery Reload Booster, ZF-2 can fight enemy destroyers even with a relatively low standard damage per minute. Against any other target, her torpedoes—which have good reload speed but average damage and range—will be of better use.

Japanese battleship Hyuga, Tier VII:

phpLFcDEk

The ship is a development of Fuso-class battleships with a different artillery layout. In the 1930s, the ship's speed, torpedo protection, and horizontal armor were improved during a thorough modernization. 
In comparison with Fuso, Hyuga's main battery guns have better accuracy and range, as well as faster reload. 

British battleship Agincourt, Tier V:

phpKAGDne

Agincourt is a unique seven-turret dreadnoght battleship, built by order of Brazil, and then bought by the government of the Ottoman Empire. With the outbreak of the First World War, it was requisitioned by the United Kingdom and became part of the Royal Navy. The ship's main features are a large number of main battery guns, good penetration capabilities and improved ricochet angles of AP shells, as well as numerous secondary battery guns, which have long range for the tier.

Ships' characteristics

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
32,415 posts
16,212 battles
  • the success of a DD line depends on how well it deals with other DD, a DD line with no smoke, sluggish, with low DPM and bad concealment will have difficulty dealing with DD
  • I suggest giving them short smoke like the UK DD
  • I suggest to improve the reload
  • Def AA is not a strong ability, even with the fantasy dual function 150mm guns

• HMS Agincourt could be Tier IV with slower reload and worse dispersion

• Japanese battleship Hyuga, does not really look like Tier VII

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[EUTF]
Players
329 posts
7,393 battles

Hyuga a T6 Fuso upscale to T7 with 16mm plating .. are you drunk WG or your RNG generator for IJN ships hit the jackpot ??
+ AA's waterpistols for a ship that it will see T8 cv's ...... just wonderful !!!!! japanese wannabe people will relive the experience of the glorious american sky bombing

Agincourt
A t4 upscale to T5 cause nobody cares anymore for below tiers cause you also dont give us any content for that tier like it happens for the Virbus battleship that came and none cared much about it ... gz job well done WG

• Cool 2

Players
2,109 posts
4,058 battles
4 minuti fa, Nauseica ha scritto:

with 16mm plating

i in fact asked if that's a typo (mostly sure it is)

[EUTF]
Players
329 posts
7,393 battles

Ye i know its a mistake cause they just throw some numbers for testing and some slip but seriously cant they 2xcheck before they introduce some of these on the test server they look like beyond amateurs

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,393 posts
4,232 battles
3 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@MrConway @Crysantos @Tanatoy On the dev blog i read that Huyga's plating is 16mm, i hope that's a typo :Smile_amazed:

Indeed, it will be a 26mm plating.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,393 posts
4,232 battles
13 hours ago, x_scheer109_x said:

The complete model of ZF-2 is wrong

zerstrer_zf2jajnv.jpg

Thanks for this BTW, thanks also to @Kingpin6100 for reaching out with more details.

We also have several blueprints for ZF2 that show other configurations, but we'll discuss it internally and let you know how we will proceed.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
32,415 posts
16,212 battles

@MrConway

Is there a chance you will be reworking lower Tiers to make it worthwhile to play there, which would give WG the option to earn money with low Tiers ships? This could increase the motivation of WG to put ships where they belong and not just leave them out (RM Tier III BB) or push them artifically to Tier V (Viribus, Agincourt)

I said this in another thread:

On 1/4/2021 at 5:29 PM, ColonelPete said:
  • fix CV MM at Tier IV, limit CV to 1 per team, make sure that Tier IV and especially Tier III see CV less often
  • reduce sealcubbing by keeping veterans away from non-veterans (beginners are already protected, but we need another layer for Tier I to V)
  • allow more missions for low Tier (like XP or Credit missions)
  • introduce veteran lines, lines that can only be started when you reached Tier X in the main line, these lines take much more time to research and the ships are more expensive (examples: BC split (RN, KM, IJN), alternative DD lines, armored cruiser lines,...)

I believe the concept of veteran lines could make low Tiers more profitable for WG and increase the motivation to bring low Tier ships, especially the long awaited RN and KM BB splits (Battlecruisers), which should start at Tier III and probably end around Tier VII and VIII. Ships like armored cruisers and even some Pre-Dreadnoughts could then be worth the effort to implement them.

• Cool 9

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,398 battles

Maximum dispersion - 57 m. Sigma – 2.00.??!!

I didn't notice this before. 57m dispersion at 11.9km?

For reference Z-52 is 106m at 12.05 km.

Yubari with aiming systems 0 has 73m dispersion at 12.8km

So these shells will go right to the point of your reticule! 

• Cool 1

Players
2,109 posts
4,058 battles
41 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Is there a chance you will be reworking lower Tiers to make it worthwhile to play there, which would give WG the option to earn money with low Tiers ships? This could increase the motivation of WG to put ships where they belong and not just leave them out (RM Tier III BB) or push them artifically to Tier V (Viribus, Agincourt)

They asked the same question on stream, the TLDR was basically:"No, we think low tiers are fine"

• Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,928 posts
20,096 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

We also have several blueprints for ZF2 that show other configurations, but we'll discuss it internally and let you know how we will proceed.

The illustration of ZF2 looks like the actual Le Hardi class... so if you've got that to hand, any chance of giving us the French DD as well? 

[ZEN]
Players
1,477 posts
15,596 battles

@MrConway

What is the HE penetration on the new German DDs, do they have the German 1/4 pen, so 38mm or do they use the normal 1/6 pen for 25mm?

Also what is the HE penetration of the Agincourt is it normal HE or the same as the Tech Tree RN BB HE, cause if it has the 1/4 pen then it goes through 76mm of armour which is all T5 cruisers (except the ones with spaced armour), this will massively effect the way the ship is played.

[-RNR-]
Players
1,425 posts

HMS Agincourt!!! Glacial Turret Traverse andWeekly Reload?????

Oh :etc_swear: I found the Answer

Players
266 posts
8,347 battles

@MrConway

I have question, why Z31 but not Z23? In my opinion Z23 can be downtiered to T7 in this new line and Z17 can replace her in main line to have more consistent process on the main line.

Because Z23 feels downgrade over Z1 Maas with her gun layout, Z17 has 5 128 mm guns that is same as Maas. Thus T8 will continue to have similar play style to T7 Maas.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
Players
134 posts
7,056 battles

Just from looking at it, these new german DDs seem… interesting. Since their design concept to me seems to be that of a kiting, skirmishing DD trying to whittle down its opponents over time, may I suggest giving them a good solid high-tier cruiser heal to bolster their staying capabilities and improve the hydro consumable of the T8 so it is comparable to that of "real" T8 cruisers (and Z-23)? If necessary, ditch that other… "consumable", these things are as good as dead anyway the moment the other team has a CV.

And maybe give them an emergency engine boost? The rather low base speed is probably warranted and they need to be able to be caught if they don't watch out so I get they don't get a normal engine boost, but at the same time they have to be able to scarper, and without engine boost they can barely outrun the faster cruisers at their tier

[NEXT]
Players
7,108 posts
12,820 battles
17 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

@MrConway

I said this in another thread:

I believe the concept of veteran lines could make low Tiers more profitable for WG and increase the motivation to bring low Tier ships, especially the long awaited RN and KM BB splits (Battlecruisers), which should start at Tier III and probably end around Tier VII and VIII. Ships like armored cruisers and even some Pre-Dreadnoughts could then be worth the effort to implement them.

I technically agree with that, though I see an issue with the low level mm. I don't play often low level, but I recently tryed to play the T2 I got for free and that match was full with bots, though don't remember which time I started the game. But still, I think there are not many players at all? Just an assumption

Players
8,017 posts
245 battles
10 hours ago, CaptainKreutzer said:

@MrConway

I have question, why Z31 but not Z23? In my opinion Z23 can be downtiered to T7 in this new line and Z17 can replace her in main line to have more consistent process on the main line.

Because Z23 feels downgrade over Z1 Maas with her gun layout, Z17 has 5 128 mm guns that is same as Maas. Thus T8 will continue to have similar play style to T7 Maas.

Moneh. Also lol to agincourt and hyuga with no aa el2azer will be squeezing them tight.

• Funny 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,477 posts
15,596 battles
8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Moneh. Also lol to agincourt and hyuga with no aa el2azer will be squeezing them tight.

But he will never fight a Agincourt unless the guy fail divisions with a Tier 6 as El2aZeR only plays Enterprise which is Tier 8 :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,928 posts
20,096 battles
5 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Given that no ship has enough AA to keep a decent CV player out, this is hardly worth mentioning. 

The absurdity here is that the new KM DDs are being given DFAA - which, given the base AA of these ships just won't do anything - rather than a more worthwhile consumable. Even if heavily limited, like Italian smoke charges, a heal, smoke or speed boost would be so much more useful. 

• Cool 3

Players
8,017 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Given that no ship has enough AA to keep a decent CV player out, this is hardly worth mentioning. 

The absurdity here is that the new KM DDs are being given DFAA - which, given the base AA of these ships just won't do anything - rather than a more worthwhile consumable. Even if heavily limited, like Italian smoke charges, a heal, smoke or speed boost would be so much more useful. 

Ye, but its just amusing however. cant even shunt bad players it just exists to be bombed to hell and back.

Yeah their Base is pretty bad i was expecting the 150mm's too have good range like around 8km and do probs around 400-600 damage and mid tier maybe 100-200 while short range doing around 100 or so. But even it had 600, 200 and 100 for its AA i doubt that would stop 60% of all CV players.

They should of gotten a heal since these are supposed to be more tanky they should at least get things that help build this quality up.

[-RNR-]
Players
1,425 posts

Well after watching a couple of the reviews on the Stats of Hyuga and Agincourt a hard pass then.

Sign in to follow this