Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.10.0, changes to test ships, German battleships, and commander skills

43 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,290 posts
4,371 battles

Hi,

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results. The changes will be applied to Italian battleships and Vampire II. There are also changes to the updated skills for aircraft carriers and cruisers, as well as to the secondary caliber guns of German battleships.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[-FDF-]
Players
21 posts

So I have seen several interpretations of the german secondary buff...
Some argue that it is meant to be 50% more accurate than it was on PTS so on average same as live.
Some argue it is still a 10% nerf because it is meant to be 50% instead of the 60% before.
Some say they now have the same accuracy as US BB secondaries...

What is it now? You made that unclear on purpose didn't you? :P

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
8,023 posts
245 battles

I mean getting rid of the damage buffs and torp reduction for cv's would be the first sensible start.

the second is not too make the italian BB's boring or incredibly tedious to play.

would prefer if Heavy AP shells could be chosen along with standard, light, super light and super heavy for all ships with relevant buffs and nerfs to different elements (so light shells travelling faster and loading faster, but doing less damage and having less penetration, etc).

Players
2,126 posts
4,140 battles

Oh, before everyone freaks out about the 40s turret treverse; 40s is, for comparison, Izumo turret treverse, so it's not too bad

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,415 posts
16,477 battles

50% better accuracy?

Is this 50% more hits eg: 30% hit rate vs 20%.

Or 50% smaller dispersion of secondaries?

The Americans would have better accuracy then  the Germans in the first instance and worse in the second.

Even the first is probably enough to turn the GK into the better secondary ship.

Ohio does have much better main guns though.

[SHAD]
Players
4,415 posts
16,477 battles
46 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

@gopher31 its dispersion:

And it is still an overall nerf of 10% to german Secondary:

image0.png?width=494&height=903

Do we know where @LittleWhiteMouse gets the initial value from?

Massachusetts when released had secondary dispersion of 40% less than the Germans.

Current values are 458m for the Germans and 278m for the Americans at 7.5km without skills.

458m - 50% = 229m. 

So German's will have better dispersion than the Americans?

Devblog has been edited. It now says accuracy will be improved by 22.5% this should give a dispersion of 354m.

USN battleships retain their accuracy advantage though it is reduced.

Should make the GK the best secondary ship once again.

[DREAD]
Players
11,253 posts
7,643 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results. The changes will be applied to Italian battleships and Vampire II. There are also changes to the updated skills for aircraft carriers and cruisers, as well as to the secondary caliber guns of German battleships.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

You forgot to include German BBs T3-6 

[DREAD]
Players
11,253 posts
7,643 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

would prefer if Heavy AP shells could be chosen along with standard, light, super light and super heavy for all ships with relevant buffs and nerfs to different elements (so light shells travelling faster and loading faster, but doing less damage and having less penetration, etc).

:Smile_trollface:

Players
1,823 posts
6,866 battles

IX MARCO POLO

• Main battery reload time increased from 33 to 36 s;
  • Main battery 180 degrees turn time increased from 30 to 36 s.  

@Tanatoy Great, you've managed to turn a really interesting ship into an uninteresting boat again... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Players
2,126 posts
4,140 battles
5 minuti fa, x_scheer109_x ha scritto:

@Tanatoy Great, you've managed to turn a really interesting ship into an uninteresting boat again... :Smile_sceptic:

can you be more specific?

[-YR-]
Players
821 posts

With this change and the "Improved Secondary Battery Aiming" skill (announced as "Close Quarters Expert") accuracy of German battleships' secondary guns will be improved by 50%.

Be prepared to listen all sort of BB players complaing and whining :cap_rambo:

[-YR-]
Players
821 posts
1 hour ago, x_scheer109_x said:

Why aare you surprised? 

having seen what they did with IT Cruiser line, one of the most mediocre of the entire game (perhaps with the exeption of Venezia), I did not have any expectetion about the BB line.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,480 posts
15,646 battles

So you nerf a couple of skills that TBH shouldn't even exist all skills that ignore protection or increase shell/ordinance damage shouldn't be there. There is still 3 worthless cruiser skills, Torpedoes are a supplementary armament why do we have 3 skill slots that could have survivability/secondary skills filled with torpedoes skills, you just said on stream that Hybrids ships don't need plane skills because they are a supplementary armament so why do cruisers have so many torpedo skills...

Once again you are ignoring the elephant in the room when nerfing the Italian BBs the stupid SAP alpha until that is much lower than the AP alpha these ships will be RNG reliant and not fun to play or play against.

• Cool 3

Players
1,823 posts
6,866 battles
6 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

can you be more specific?

36 sec. Reload doesn't exactly sound great. 

[ZEN]
Players
1,480 posts
15,646 battles
3 hours ago, x_scheer109_x said:

SAP has a 47,250 Alpha strike with just pens... that is probably why... and it is due to the fact that the SAP Alpha is so high that there is no reason to even use AP ever in these ships, unless you are 100% sure your gonna get loads of citadels... Also all ships are Balanced by RNGesus to keep the SAP alpha in check so even if you wanted to use AP on a broadside your shells are going to go everywhere...

Players
2,126 posts
4,140 battles
8 ore fa, x_scheer109_x ha scritto:

First of all it has SAP, and having a longer reload is pretty much how SAP balancing works; plus, with the reload upgrade it goes down to 31.68s, which, given how much time you usually spend betwen salvos in a BB, it won't be that big of a deal. 

And the 36s turret traverse, that's Thunderer turret traverse. 

[EUTF]
Players
330 posts
7,447 battles

I feel pity towards my italian friends that they see their italian ship design to go towards to so unfun and silly design cause they want some gimmicks on them.

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,480 posts
15,646 battles
5 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

First of all it has SAP, and having a longer reload is pretty much how SAP balancing works; plus, with the reload upgrade it goes down to 31.68s, which, given how much time you usually spend betwen salvos in a BB, it won't be that big of a deal. 

And the 36s turret traverse, that's Thunderer turret traverse. 

Reduce the SAP alpha by 50% then we might be able to get a normal reload and normal accuracy.

• Cool 1

[SE-YA]
Players
22 posts
3,234 battles

I like the fact that they addressed and buffed the secondary armament for Germans. But why improve it only for Germans?...

If someone wants to make a secondary build on any other ship (Shikishima, Kii, Warspite, Alsace...), then this rework will just discourage players from doing that. Really there's no need to discourage players from making builds on any ship - let them do it, let them try it, let them have fun. I'm having fun with them. Hell even if someone wants to make a secondary Yamato or Amagi, why should they have worse accuracy? These ships doesn't have the German penetration and players already have to sacrifice a lot to make a secondary build, I see no reason why to limit viable secondary builds only on Germans and Massa/Georg/Ohio.

Plus, a buff to Italian secondaries (I'm talking about better penetration, because those 90mm guns are literally only fire starters at high tiers) would be nice, I think the 1/4 HE penetration rule could be applied to them. This might encourage players to push in more - just like with German ships. And I personally think that this is what the game needs - more ships to brawl and push in and less backline snipers.

[ARVI]
Players
185 posts
6,171 battles
1 minute ago, KeyJay said:

I like the fact that they addressed and buffed the secondary armament for Germans. But why improve it only for Germans?...

If someone wants to make a secondary build on any other ship (Shikishima, Kii, Warspite, Alsace...), then this rework will just discourage players from doing that. Really there's no need to discourage players from making builds on any ship - let them do it, let them try it, let them have fun. I'm having fun with them. Hell even if someone wants to make a secondary Yamato or Amagi, why should they have worse accuracy? These ships doesn't have the German penetration and players already have to sacrifice a lot to make a secondary build, I see no reason why to limit viable secondary builds only on Germans and Massa/Georg/Ohio.

Plus, a buff to Italian secondaries (I'm talking about better penetration, because those 90mm guns are literally only fire starters at high tiers) would be nice, I think the 1/4 HE penetration rule could be applied to them. This might encourage players to push in more - just like with German ships. And I personally think that this is what the game needs - more ships to brawl and push in and less backline snipers.

WG already adressed that. They believe more players want *more* sniping from the map baseline, so that's what we will get. 

Personally I think it is cancerous to the gameplay, already played several ranked games with good players, however it's just me and a DD wanting to cap - 5 other ships basically staying 15km off caps with SP hovering and just slugging HE shells all game. Even had a game finish on timeout with 4 casualties for us, 2 for them and only 1 of 3 caps ever capped. 

Hoping for the 3v3 ranked brawl to return on the small maps, nowhere to hide for Musashi and Thunderer there. 

• Cool 2

[NORAY]
Players
325 posts
6,534 battles

Vampire II needs better torp reload not more damage. The concealment is ok now.

[R-D-L]
Players
15 posts
15,758 battles

hello,

will that german acuracy buff increease apply to all german ships? premium, pomern, tirpitz too?

Players
2,126 posts
4,140 battles
26 minuti fa, thomasmalcow ha scritto:

hello,

will that german acuracy buff increease apply to all german ships? premium, pomern, tirpitz too?

It says Tier VII - X German battleships:  which means all German Battleships from Teir 7 to 10 will get that buff

Sign in to follow this