Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

After getting Strasbourg, only 7 days to complete the whole "ships and fates" mission?

34 comments in this topic

[1701]
Players
244 posts
25,297 battles

Another "good news"? the first mission of "ships and fates" required Strasbourg, which WG only allows you guys to complete the previous strasbourg mission this week, and they give you guys 7 days to finish the whole "ships and fates"   mission?!!! Another impossible mission like the PR one last year? Please give us 1 month to do this, thanks @MrConway

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
562 posts
6,370 battles

You're supposed to buy the Strasbourg  with money so that you can complete the mission (to get a bunch of meh tech tree ships).

:cap_like:

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,664 posts
7 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Another impossible mission like the PR one last year?

the missions of the ships and fates campaign are very simple and can be done very fast, so no.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Is it REALLY necessary to do those missions for T5 TECHTREE ships? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,224 posts
24,428 battles

Well t can be done in 9 days, if you are really fast to get the 14 stars and then the 20k bxp. I needed slightly more then 1 day to get the last mission unlocked and will take my time to get Strasbourg. I bought the Strasbourg so I steadily unlocked the missions when I had space on my 3 campaign slots..

Doing them in 7 days can be done, but requires some time spent. Furataka is an easy get if you did some preform. T22 is doable to. Beyond that needs dedication.

[CHAR]
Players
159 posts
2,510 battles

You're supposed to shill out money to buy the Straesbaeourg and get the pretty worthless rewards from Ships and Fates.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,184 battles
14 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Another "good news"? the first mission of "ships and fates" required Strasbourg, which WG only allows you guys to complete the previous strasbourg mission this week, and they give you guys 7 days to finish the whole "ships and fates"   mission?!!! Another impossible mission like the PR one last year? Please give us 1 month to do this, thanks @MrConway

Each stage takes roughly an evening. Someone who already finished the Strasbourg campaign will probably do two stages per evening.

• Boring 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Finished everything in 1 day because I got time off work, that means you can do it in 7 days at your leisure. And even if you can't, the reward is perma camos for T5 tech tree ships, not getting them isn't going to kill you.

Players
3,184 posts
15,177 battles
48 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Finished everything in 1 day because I got time off work, that means you can do it in 7 days at your leisure. And even if you can't, the reward is perma camos for T5 tech tree ships, not getting them isn't going to kill you.

what, and the 12mill credits, 6x port slots and 6x 6pt santa commanders :P

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,224 posts
24,428 battles
1 minute ago, Salentine said:

what, and the 12mill credits, 6x port slots and 6x 6pt santa commanders :P

You forgot 6 Santa crates with a chance to get Makarov!

• Funny 5

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,393 posts
4,229 battles
1 hour ago, luokailk said:

As other posters have already mentioned, the campaign is rather easy, so it can be done in the week's time that you get. Early access to the campaign was a special bonus that players who bought Strasbourg got. As you also get doubloon compensation for unlocking Strasbourg in the other campaign, I personally thought this was a good offer.

You should also note that the items that you can get in the Ships and Fates campaign are for the most part not exclusive to it.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,040 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Is it REALLY necessary to do those missions for T5 TECHTREE ships? :cap_hmm:

Dude leave me beeeeee. I need them credits :D

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

You forgot 6 Santa crates with a chance to get Makarov!

More like London, VU or Orkan :cat_cool:

[1701]
Players
244 posts
25,297 battles
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

As other posters have already mentioned, the campaign is rather easy, so it can be done in the week's time that you get. Early access to the campaign was a special bonus that players who bought Strasbourg got. As you also get doubloon compensation for unlocking Strasbourg in the other campaign, I personally thought this was a good offer.

You should also note that the items that you can get in the Ships and Fates campaign are for the most part not exclusive to it.

Thanks a lot for the reply, roger! :) @MrConway

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
6 hours ago, MrConway said:

False, these are players who have hours upon hours all day, plus large amounts of premium time plus premium ships, plus tier 10 ships. The bandwagon fallacy makes nothing true. If you want to be truthful say that the game and the campaigns are designed for the above conditions, and that not all who play WOWS have these conditions or patience every day or every other day. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,184 battles
18 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

False, these are players who have hours upon hours all day, plus large amounts of premium time plus premium ships, plus tier 10 ships. The bandwagon fallacy makes nothing true. If you want to be truthful say that the game and the campaigns are designed for the above conditions, and that not all who play WOWS have these conditions or patience every day or every other day. 

You can finish the last week of the Strasbourg campaign with around 7h of gameplay. After that you do the second campaign.

[BHSFL]
Players
798 posts
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You can finish the last week of the Strasbourg campaign with around 7h of gameplay. After that you do the second campaign.

Players
2,935 posts
34,589 battles
12 hours ago, luokailk said:

1. It is 9 days not 7. 

2. You could complete all tasks of the first mission  of Ships and Fate Campaign  except the final one which requires Strasbourg to complete and when you get Strasbourg, it takes a game to finish the first mission of the campaign considering you have already completed other tasks previously.

3. There is no such rule that everyone has to compete in all the modes and complete all the campaigns. They can tailor what suits them according to their convenience.

4. We are talking about T5 ships and other negligible stuff that come along.

5. Ships and Fates missions are quite easy. A very casual player can easily finish 1 mission per day and a regular player can finish a couple of missions per day.

6. Comparing this event to PR event from the grinding point of view, doesn't make any sense since they are incomparable. PR was a ultra-hard grindy dockyard event whereas Ships and Fates is the exact opposite, super easy. 

7. This was discussed in other threads when the campaign was introduced, a couple of weeks ago? There are also some campaign guidance threads open at the moment. So, you seeing that Strasbourg is required to complete the first  mission of Ships and Fates, now,  is on you. 

• Cool 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,999 posts
14,770 battles

had to say this Strasbourg is a crap, no tank ship at all, need sit behind island like cruisers

• Cool 1

Players
562 posts
6,370 battles
On 1/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, luokailk said:

So the formula for completing this fast is:

select missions for top kills

pick a selection of lowish tier dds

Select coop

Yolo at the enemy and take out as many as you can (usually 1-3)

repeat

Each battle takes 5 minutes including loading time.

Whoop!

[LUZ1]
Players
1,878 posts
15,427 battles
1 hour ago, bobtherterrible said:

So the formula for completing this fast is:

select missions for top kills

pick a selection of lowish tier dds

Select coop

Yolo at the enemy and take out as many as you can (usually 1-3)

repeat

Each battle takes 5 minutes including loading time.

Whoop!

This.

Just got NY. It was a bit of a grind, but it's done :cap_cool:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,480 posts
23,891 battles
3 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Is there a point to doing the ships and giggles campaign, anyway? Get a Furutaka? Okay?

Well, how much of a collector are you? Because perma camos on T5s are not commonly available so this is the only chance you get at getting them.

Otherwise? Don't bother.

• Cool 3

[RRVK]
Players
52 posts
14,524 battles
1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Is there a point to doing the ships and giggles campaign, anyway? Get a Furutaka? Okay?

I have almost finished the campaign and in my opinion, this has been a fun experience - although some missions were (somewhat) absurd - the "Get 35.000 freeXP mission and the 9 kills and/or torp hits in the Hawkins" IMHO.

I have made sure to do these missions because they will provide me with:

6 Port slots, 6 small santa gifts, 6 tier 5 perma camos, 6 6-point commanders and the credits for the 6 tech tree ships.

I was already playing the game - why not get the free goodies while I am at it anyway??

WG does not force any of us to do the missions - unless you in some strange way are related to Pavlov's dogs and the issuance of a mission chain rings your bell.

Sign in to follow this