Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
raz207

Why do I stay in the Gold league?

35 comments in this topic

[-WHO-]
Players
140 posts
12,471 battles

I ranked and moved to the gold league last week, after a few games reaching Rank6 it is obvious that i do not belong there Im not that good. Had some good games but its not fun, rewards crap and very very toxic.

The rules say " You can keep playing in Gold league in the next Sprint only if you reach Rank 1 in the current one"

I woke up this morning and I'm back on rank 10 in the Gold.

Did i miss something in the rules?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BAD-A]
Players
120 posts
8,798 battles

You will stay in Gold rank for the rest of the season now. Like if you were in Silver and did not reach rank 1/qualification, you would be back at the top of Silver. You do no get relegated to previous leagues, just your progress reset each week.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
770 posts
15,842 battles
11 minutes ago, Matty814 said:

You will stay in Gold rank for the rest of the season now. Like if you were in Silver and did not reach rank 1/qualification, you would be back at the top of Silver. You do no get relegated to previous leagues, just your progress reset each week.

and this is one of the fundamental flaws of this systems honestly

there NEEDs to be and option to drop, either voluntarily (like OP case) or forcefully (fail to rank-out etc)

Gold may require 2-4x more battles to rank-out compared to lower leagues. Only way how to realize that is to "try" it out, but then you are stuck there with no chance for rewards? That does nothing but creates frustration in people who then yolo spam games (or worse)

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
16 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

or forcefully (fail to rank-out etc) 

Jees, the bots would spam even more games to try to get to R1 :fish_panic:

Seriously tho, i think people like the OP are a very small minority, who misjudged going into gold and wants to drop back now. Most others, who dont belong there, are probably missing the selfreflection in the first place and will keep going and going every week/season.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WRV]
Players
264 posts
535 battles
Vor 35 Minuten, RAYvenMP sagte:

and this is one of the fundamental flaws of this systems honestly

there NEEDs to be and option to drop,

[...]

but then you are stuck there with no chance for rewards?

Sorry, but Ranked is about competitive gameplay and not for grinding.

Skillwise you are Gold, have fought up to Gold, why would you sealclub Bronze (because of the rewards, i know....)

\\sarcasm off

• Funny 3

[IDDQD]
Players
770 posts
15,842 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Jees, the bots would spam even more games to try to get to R1 :fish_panic:

Seriously tho, i think people like the OP are a very small minority, who misjudged going into gold and wants to drop back now. Most others, who dont belong there, are probably missing the selfreflection in the first place and will keep going and going every week/season.

thats why ranked was always crap and always will be because WG will never deny monkeys having free reign there

competetive mode with 6 strangers but only progression criteria is TEAM victory? are you retarded? no worries, just spam the crap out of it and you are good for R1 even in Gold

3 leagues of "skill' but the gateway to higher league is nothing but "bang you head against the wall until it cracks"

this whole Ranked change is absolutely useless, everything what was wrong with ranked is still there, WG just secured that ppl now feel they have to play 52 weeks a year, yay

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,982 posts
4,460 battles
4 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

thats why ranked was always crap and always will be because WG will never deny monkeys having free reign there

competetive mode with 6 strangers but only progression criteria is TEAM victory? are you retarded? no worries, just spam the crap out of it and you are good for R1 even in Gold

3 leagues of "skill' but the gateway to higher league is nothing but "bang you head against the walls until it cracks"

this whole Ranked change is absolutely useless, everything what was wrong with ranked is still there, WG just secured that ppl now feel they have to play 52 weeks a year, yay

There should be a "league irrevocable rank" in both Silver and Gold at about the middle point. If you don't reach it during the sprint you drop out. looks like a needed improvement ... and a maximum number of tries at the qualifiers to progress to a higher league as well ...

• Cool 1

Players
1,756 posts
18,819 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, Adm_Andre sagte:

Skillwise you are Gold, have fought up to Gold, why would you sealclub Bronze (because of the rewards, i know....)

\\sarcasm off

If ranked is just about comp, then scrap the rewards beyond "look at me, I am amazing" visual ones... Let's see how many people will be left playing it...wanna guess?

And while playing bronze and deliberately not qualifiying may sound like sealclubbing, that's how WG seems to want how it works. If not, the difference between bronze and gold rewards (esp if you look at it with gain vs time in mind) wouldnt be so small, esp. if you compare the old system to the new one. I mean what do you get for G-R1?

- a token, that spend on a t10 camo only boosts your virtual ego (same stats as the premium camo that comes with it)

- a achievement for your collection, that afaik only one itself

Beyond that you get way way less in Gold at least judging from the test season, than you would get in the old system. But you need way more stars with a way thighter time period. Same if you compare what you have to acchieve to get more than what a causal bronze pleb would get. You can reach R1 and get all rewards with as few as 9 wins, if you don't loose stars on your way to R1. In gold if you don't reach R1 you get the same amount of steel and dubs after 15 wins, if you want more you have to reach R1.

Beta Tester
809 posts

One other flaw:

In bronze you get 300 steel for winning 8 games.

In silver gold you get 300 steel for winning 9 games.

In silver you get 400 steel for winning 11 games.

In gold you get 400 steel for winning 12 games.

Ranking out in bronce and silver gives the same reward.

Essentially you get 100 more steel in silver versus bronce and 100 more in gold versus silver.

Considering the amount of work put into it, the gain from moving up seem to be less and less.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
770 posts
15,842 battles
5 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

There should be a "league irrevocable rank" in both Silver and Gold at about the middle point. If you don't reach it during the sprint you drop out. looks like a needed improvement ... and a maximum number of tries at the qualifiers to progress to a higher league as well ...

i think that players (including me) are just expecting something else from ranked. Reality is that Ranked is nothing more just a random mode with some tiny extra rewards and smaller teams at a set tiers. WG's own description of Ranked gives people false expectations, final product is completely different

Irrevocalbles are double-edged sword. With no fear to drop, lot of people just keep throwing it until they hit the winning streak

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
329 posts
7,393 battles

Sadly WG dont care for Rank they just wanted to say hey we revamp the rank now is much better with more(actually less) rewards for your time (it almost double the time you need to spend here to get same rewards)

They just google some other game ranking mode and took one nice thing and then brain-fart and put all the vodka hangover ideas they got and throw it on us and let us experiment on it with the excuse its a test idea we will improve it. How much time did they spend thinking this .. 10mins ??? They are so many things that a capable developer will find and alter before throwing it on us but no who cares.

They could had the people on silver and gold that didnt qualified for next league to drop depending their performance on the battles they gave so people that was afk will drop for sure, or 10-15% of people that ranked the lowest in their battles automatically rule out to the previous league or something like that so bad players that dont belong in league will always drop and let the players have more fun in the league that they are belong.

Players
1,756 posts
18,819 battles
Vor 11 Minuten, Skurfa sagte:

One other flaw:

In bronze you get 300 iron for winning 8 games.

In silver and gold you get 300 iron for winning 9 games.

In silver you get 400 gold for winning 11 games.

In gold you get 400 gold for winning 12 games.

Essentially you get 100 more iron in silver versus bronce and 100 more in gold versus silver.

Considering the amount of work put into it, the gain from moving up seem to be less and less.

It's worse than that...say you only care about steel, dubs and maybe coal (in that order, so steel is more useful for you than dubs and those mean more than coal).

If you reach 15 wins in gold:

- you get as many steel and dubs as someone with r1 in bronze, missing out on coal and if you dont loose stars that only takes 9 wins to do

- that's 100 dubs more than 11 wins in silver , same amount of steel and in both cases no coal

If you reach R1 in silver (12+ wins), you gain more steel than you can get in gold, unless you reach R1 there too. Which is way harder to do, due to more stars being required and no single save rank. To get more than you would get on the two lower leagues you have to reach R1, if you don't your steel rewards are equal or less for what you can get from bronze or silver.

From a simple cost/benefit standpoint bronze is the best league in the test mode, unless you really need any crumb of steel you can get before 10.2 hits and somers gets removed...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
809 posts
1 minute ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

From a simple cost/benefit standpoint bronze is the best league in the test mode, unless you really need any crumb of steel you can get before 10.2 hits and somers gets removed...

That was my point, thanks :cap_like:

(I always get the explanation messed up)

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Players
1,472 posts
17,525 battles
9 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

One other flaw:

In bronze you get 300 iron for winning 8 games.

In silver gold you get 300 iron for winning 9 games.

In silver you get 400 gold for winning 11 games.

In gold you get 400 gold for winning 12 games.

Essentially you get 100 more iron in silver versus bronce and 100 more in gold versus silver.

what is this iron your speaking of ? i have never seen that currency ! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,982 posts
4,460 battles
9 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

i think that players (including me) are just expecting something else from ranked. Reality is that Ranked is nothing more just a random mode with some tiny extra rewards and smaller teams at a set tiers. WG's own description of Ranked gives people false expectations, final product is completely different

That is generally the case I guess. I think Ranked should be like the Hall of Fame for the various events ... or similar to it ....

Players
1,756 posts
18,819 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, albin322 sagte:

what is this iron your speaking of ? i have never seen that currency ! :Smile_trollface:

Iron is the reward you get in place of steel, when you don't crank up your amp up to eleven while playing Manowar on your guitar. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
809 posts
3 minutes ago, albin322 said:

Dammit.... corrected (haven't had my coffee yet).

(And I also corrected the "gold" to "steel" in line 4 and 5)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,252 posts
20,173 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Adm_Andre sagte:

This is your opinion. It doesn't seem to be shared by WG.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,544 posts
14,155 battles

rewards should be cumulative If you ask me.. 
like CB.. 

So If you rank up in gold, you'd receive ranking up rewards from bronze, silver, gold all together.. 

Like, Bronze gives 300 steel for ranking up, 
silver gives 200, and gold gives 100.. But ranking up in gold should give 300 + 200 + 100  = 600 in total..

should be same for the signals and camos and / or coal and dubs too..

Thats the only way you can make people want to advance in leagues.. 

This current way is the only reason to advance into gold can be the ranked token.. 

which basically gives nothing in return... 

• Cool 8

Players
1,090 posts
18,364 battles
8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

like CB.. 

So If you rank up in gold, you'd receive ranking up rewards from bronze, silver, gold all together.. 

Exactly this! I just played ranked and reached R2 in silver league (or whatever it is called) just to realize

that i´ll get the exact same rewards in bronze with less "work". That´s cool.... not.

Anyway, i´ll continue to play ranked because i like the 7vs7 format. Win or loss, rewards or not, i just have more fun there.

If you think of it like random mode with less players, it´s actually bearable.

• Cool 3

[HAMAR]
Players
590 posts

If Gold gave much more rewards than Silver. Every Potato would spam games to get in to Gold league and stay there.

WHAT WOULD BE THE FUN OF THAT

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
8 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

If Gold gave much more rewards than Silver. Every Potato would spam games to get in to Gold league and stay there.

WHAT WOULD BE THE FUN OF THAT

They are doing that regardless?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Adm_Andre sagte:

you are mistaking it with ranked in some other games. Here it's more of an alternative game mode.

• Cool 1

[CORNG]
Players
2,161 posts
18,215 battles
10 hours ago, Excavatus said:

like CB.. 

This would cause even more players to spam matches until they are lucky enough to get into gold league.

WG needs to ensure you cannot play an infinite amount of matches in a sprint. Either by restricting the number of matches you can play in qualification for an upper league or by adding a way to get down to a lower league if you lost too often while being on the last rank of a league.

Beta Tester
2,252 posts
20,173 battles
Vor 11 Stunden, Excavatus sagte:

like CB.. 

Like, Bronze gives 300 steel for ranking up, 
silver gives 200, and gold gives 100.. But ranking up in gold should give 300 + 200 + 100  = 600 in total..

should be same for the signals and camos and / or coal and dubs too..

Thats the only way you can make people want to advance in leagues.. 

This current way is the only reason to advance into gold can be the ranked token.. 

which basically gives nothing in return... 

Yeah but I find it nice and cosy in bronze. I don't want to be ambitious. #leave_ranked_as_it_is

:dance_turtle:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this