Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alfa_Tau

Report System need to be redesigned or removed

61 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
821 posts

Hello to all those who want to have a mature discussion.. 

today I played a game in my new Tier X CV the FDR. 

at the end of the game I got this: -3 in Karma. 

I don't really care about it since it is almost never an abjective parameter. 

What I care is that I don t want to be chat ban with no reason. 

because of this I decioded to save the replay of the game, in order to be able to prove I did not break the rule. 

There was a time in this game when people was fair toward adversaries. 

If those time are gone better remove the chat and the report system .

:Smile_honoring:

Senza motivo.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,583 posts
16,724 battles

Well you play CV, you get reported. Working as intended :) 

• Cool 11
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 1

Players
3,184 posts
15,177 battles
2 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

well you do care about it, because you made a thread about it, if you play cv's be prepared to be reported, people hate it as much as artillery in WoT, because you're sat in the corner and there's not much they can do about being targeted over and over again, so what do they do, report you, if WG removed it how would you reported toxic chat and bad behaviour?

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[GW_KR]
Players
224 posts
22,563 battles

You dare playing FDR ?
That's a paddlin'

Got of easy there with only 3 in Karma, if you ask me

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
34,012 battles
4 minutes ago, Salentine said:

well you do care about it, because you made a thread about it

Alfa doesn´t care about karma. He cares about the chat-ban which hinders communication with teammates and friends in game. And since this is a team-game and we schould communicate to get better results, an underserved chat-ban is a problem, not only for the affected but also for every player that ends up on his team.

"cv y u no respond? u afk????"

• Cool 4

[SINT]
Players
1,224 posts
24,423 battles

You can be reported for more then just abusive language. You can also be reported for being unsportive, playing poorly or being afk.

Its just the whim of the reporting player what he decides to pick if he is being upset for....whatever he/she decides to be be p*ssed of for.  Being in a cv is reason for some players to be petty.

All these options have no consequence execpt for killing your Karma.. The only report, as you said, that might have a consequence is when they specificaly report you for abusive language...But then the auto system should kick in to check if you even said something during the match..So you should be save for a ban.

Maybe WG should making false reports punishable...

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Working as intended, currently working on a mod that automatically reports CV, because doing it manually is so time consuming, should be in next month's aslain pack.

On a more serious note, you're immune to flooding, you're immune to fire, the top half of your ship can't take damage from HE shells, do you also want to be immune to being reported? :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 2

[BAD-A]
Players
120 posts
8,713 battles

Unfortunately there are a lot of salty, pathetic man-children who play this game so as long as they are in the game I'm not really sure what WG can do? Perhaps remove chat bans being initiated from just in game player reports but I doubt they would do that because then the support team would have to manually investigate games/files to see if people were deserving of a chat ban or not.

Beta Tester
2,699 posts
7,659 battles

It's a strange system indeed.

It'd be nice if people had to actually report the specific texts they're upset about. False reports should automatically flag users for issueing regular false reports - and possibly turn them pink or given flagging restrictions. Same for AFK, can be checked against the amount and in theory even type of player input during that match.

Some of the other reports are so vague, it's pointless. Unsportive conduct? That's rather subjective, isn't it? Some people would suggest picking a class they don't like fits their definition of unsportive conduct.

Plays poorly? Why should people who play poorly need to be reported? The elitism of the concept is ridiculous. :/ Besides, not like their stats don't already reflect this to Wargaming. What's the point of having this? Letting people know they did poorly? Then they would have to know WHY their karma dropped. I mean, if you're going to have critique, at least make it constructive. Like, if you report someone for poor play, force the reporting player to suggest a tutorial video out of a list or something.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,999 posts
14,770 battles

chat ban is is really stupid at game, instead they could make that it filters out text , for example like in this forum have

[PUSH]
Players
34 posts
6,292 battles

People typically report for chat because it's the only one of the reporting options that has any actual effect on the player. Like, if someone team kills you, doing anything other than reporting for chat is meaningless. It's the most effective way of being petty and/or flipping someone the finger.
In this case spamming chat reports is the only way for people to discourage others from playing CVs and to reduce the number of CV players to some minuscule degree. Through hampering their ability to chat and letting them know that they're hated.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
809 posts

Karma, and the reporting system, is a way for people to blow off steam.

And if people feel better afterwards and play another game, good.

You cannot go below 0 anyway.

• Cool 1

[OOPSY]
Players
141 posts
9,210 battles
Il y a 6 heures, Alfa_Tau a dit :

You lost most people here

Il y a 6 heures, NikolayKuznetsov a dit :

On a more serious note, you're immune to flooding, you're immune to fire, the top half of your ship can't take damage from HE shells, do you also want to be immune to being reported? :fish_cute_2:

Dont hate the player hate the game

• Funny 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,625 posts
9,867 battles

Playing a CV and the most hated one. Yep, expect to be hated and reported. Some noobies don't even know that FDR doesn't have fighters on strike squadron. They will report you even for that. 

[EUTF]
Players
326 posts
7,348 battles

Reporting sadly is just a venting mechanism to feel better

If you play CV just dont use chat and let haters hate and if you got chat banned use support, most of the time if you didnt use chat they will remove the chat ban

tenor.gif

Players
2,726 posts
21,048 battles

I could well be wrong so stand to be corrected, but I was under the impression that being reported for insults/ verbal abuse only resulted in a chat ban if you have actually said something inappropriate. Otherwise sure your karma drops but that’s it there is no sanction imposed, and karma is all but worthless anyway. 

• Cool 2

[LUZ1]
Players
1,878 posts
15,427 battles
1 hour ago, Figment said:

It's a strange system indeed.

It'd be nice if people had to actually report the specific texts they're upset about. False reports should automatically flag users for issueing regular false reports - and possibly turn them pink or given flagging restrictions. Same for AFK, can be checked against the amount and in theory even type of player input during that match.

Some of the other reports are so vague, it's pointless. Unsportive conduct? That's rather subjective, isn't it? Some people would suggest picking a class they don't like fits their definition of unsportive conduct.

Plays poorly? Why should people who play poorly need to be reported? The elitism of the concept is ridiculous. :/ Besides, not like their stats don't already reflect this to Wargaming. What's the point of having this? Letting people know they did poorly? Then they would have to know WHY their karma dropped. I mean, if you're going to have critique, at least make it constructive. Like, if you report someone for poor play, force the reporting player to suggest a tutorial video out of a list or something.

Plays poorly should be read imo as has such limited understanding of game and game mechanics that said player should first get an acceptable skill level at much lower tiers.

Beta Tester
2,699 posts
7,659 battles
3 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Plays poorly should be read imo as has such limited understanding of game and game mechanics that said player should first get an acceptable skill level at much lower tiers.

But that's not up to Wargaming and that player never gets to hear why the karma went down and what the appropriate actions would be.

And lower nor higher tiers, let alone a grind, are a guarantee of learning to play either... Sending someone back without feedback means they will just go on doing the same, oblivious to how to improve their game.

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
2 hours ago, Salentine said:

well you do care about it, because you made a thread about it, if you play cv's be prepared to be reported, people hate it as much as artillery in WoT, because you're sat in the corner and there's not much they can do about being targeted over and over again, so what do they do, report you, if WG removed it how would you reported toxic chat and bad behaviour?

How is that possible ? You can see planes coming (and shoot at them) not spg shells. So there would be no sane reason to hate cv's exactly as much as SPG's.

(Also I just complimented the enemy cv for playing well in Ranked. Suck it!)

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
8,225 posts
1 hour ago, Gorthuba said:

People typically report for chat because it's the only one of the reporting options that has any actual effect on the player. Like, if someone team kills you, doing anything other than reporting for chat is meaningless. It's the most effective way of being petty and/or flipping someone the finger.
In this case spamming chat reports is the only way for people to discourage others from playing CVs and to reduce the number of CV players to some minuscule degree. Through hampering their ability to chat and letting them know that they're hated.

Yea well in all honesty if every player that reported another for chat abuse without a reason got a month of main account ban there would be less of that around...

• Cool 1

Players
2,755 posts
11,390 battles

Lol if I know who reported me when I was playing CV or when someone said that they were going to report CV (just because they were playing a CV), I'll just report them. Karma can be a [edited] sometimes.

26 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

How is that possible ? You can see planes coming (and shoot at them) not spg shells. So there would be no sane reason to hate cv's exactly as much as SPG's.

(Also I just complimented the enemy cv for playing well in Ranked. Suck it!)

It's human nature to find things to hate that spoil their fun. Their fun is either interrupted or ended  by CVs. They can't be bothered to learn how to deal with a CV either so mehhhh, "f the CV, i hate them".

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,371 posts
9,758 battles
2 hours ago, Alfa_Tau said:

today I played a game in my new Tier X CV the FDR. 

at the end of the game I got this: -3 in Karma. 

because of this I decioded to save the replay of the game, in order to be able to prove I did not break the rule. 

There was a time in this game when people was fair toward adversaries. 

If those time are gone better remove the chat and the report system .

:Smile_honoring:

I'd need to double-check but I'm pretty certain that the system cannot issue you a chatban if you haven't been active in chat.

Players
562 posts
6,358 battles

I think the thing with CVS is that noone ever sees a CV or two on the opposite team and says "oh goody this'll be fun/engaging/an interesting challenge"

Sign in to follow this