Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SplendidFox

Devastating Strike Broken?

14 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
31 posts
11,850 battles

Just had a game In my yolo emilio, snuck up on a minnesota and unleashed a full torp volley on him, hitting the minne for 77k and deleting him outright, yet no devastating strike and again in the same game hit an iowa for 50k, same result, no devastating strike, also in a game yesterday I hit a ship (cant remember what ship) taking about 80% off his HP and a good 5 minits latter finished him off with less then 1k health left and I got a devastating strike then.

Is the award totaly borked atm or am I missing something

shot-21.01.12_03.08.18-0486.jpg

20210112_024735_PISD509-Paolo-Emilio_51_Greece.wowsreplay

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Players
1,084 posts
5,772 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Carlospicyweiner sagte:

Just had a game In my yolo emilio, snuck up on a minnesota and unleashed a full torp volley on him, hitting the minne for 77k and deleting him outright, yet no devastating strike and again in the same game hit an iowa for 50k, same result, no devastating strike, also in a game yesterday I hit a ship (cant remember what ship) taking about 80% off his HP and a good 5 minits latter finished him off with less then 1k health left and I got a devastating strike then.

Yes it is. 

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
31 posts
11,850 battles
2 minutes ago, Aixin said:

Yes it is. 

Thanks for the quick reply, that would explain things, cheers

[BMD]
Players
821 posts
19,390 battles
4 hours ago, Carlospicyweiner said:

Cant be that broken i had 2 Devastating Strikes in my Asashio B yesterday evening in the same game.

2021-01-11 (6).png

[PANEU]
Players
22 posts
12,620 battles
23 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

Cant be that broken i had 2 Devastating Strikes in my Asashio B yesterday evening in the same game.

2021-01-11 (6).png

The Devastating Strike achievement is currently bugged, and has been for some weeks now. Sometimes you get it, and sometimes you don't. I myself got the achievement yesterday for deleting a Gneisenau with my Kitakaze torpedoes, but failed to get it in the battle just before for blowing a Brindisi out of the water. Other multiple instances of not getting the achievement have occurred these past few weeks.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
335 posts
11,391 battles

Yesterday I got a dev strike by killing a low hp target (about 10%-20% hp). It was quite a surprise...

Players
151 posts
14 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

Yesterday I got a dev strike by killing a low hp target (about 10%-20% hp). It was quite a surprise...

Perhaps you had hit him before in the battle, and nobody else had hit him later, before you killed him.

Once, few weeks ago, I got a devastating strike for hitting a < 1000 hp cruiser. But some minutes before I had hit the same cruiser for a large chunk of HP, and nobody else had hit him after before I gave him the final blow.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
335 posts
11,391 battles
13 hours ago, M4R4Z said:

Perhaps you had hit him before in the battle, and nobody else had hit him later, before you killed him.

Once, few weeks ago, I got a devastating strike for hitting a < 1000 hp cruiser. But some minutes before I had hit the same cruiser for a large chunk of HP, and nobody else had hit him after before I gave him the final blow.

Perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that it is bugged...

• Bad 1

Players
78 posts
On 1/12/2021 at 3:15 AM, Carlospicyweiner said:

I've wondered the same thing about Devastating Strike recently, we cant see from yer screenie above, but afterwards on the battle leaderboard mouse over the BB an see if it was awarded a 'Detonation'.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/146474-ranked-sprint-epic-defeat/

See my screenie, I think there is a new type of behaviour (quite possibly probably related to one of the new Commander skills) that when a BB takes over-whelming torp damage the damage ticks over in to 'Detonation' and the ship simply explodes.
That makes sense, to me at least, but I'd enjoy it for while it lasts cuz theres no way WG will let the behaviour stand. Especially when BB Jocks all start whinging about it on the forums.

Players
50 posts
255 battles
On 1/12/2021 at 2:53 AM, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

Perhaps they just improved it.

Simply pay 2500 doubloons to unlock the devastating strike package

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this