Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

A quick rant 😻

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OGHF]
Players
1,525 posts
26,119 battles

Played a random battle to day, on our flank another DD and myself, an Alaska and 3 members of 1 clan, an Azuma, Pommern and a Georgia all T9 Doubloon Promo Ships. We attacked the cap, lost the other DD, Alaska panicked,  yolo’d and died, I tried to escape but to no avail, my fault I took my eye off the mini map, having pinged for help I eventually checked the mini map before I died to find the Azuma was border humping the lower border and the 2 BB had run, looking at where they where it was on obvious they ran as soon as the first shot fired.    
 

As now dead I watched the performances, utter rubbish to say the least. I checked stats out of curiosity, all 3 only had 1 T9 the ones in battle, all 3 had less than 60 Co op games between them and less than 70 random battles between them and all at less than 42% wr. 
 

I don’t blame them as much as I blame WG for allowing ships to be  money driven rather earned.   
 

Good luck to the 3 players fir the future but please learn at lower tiers first please. 
 

Rant over :etc_swear:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Report them to WG.

Apparently, if a person gets reported often enough for playing badly (suiciding which could be called rigging or passive play), they will receive a ban... for 3 days initially. 

So i guess WG wants us to keep spamming their support with reports about bad players.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
140 posts
4,843 battles

Yay, tier IX ship sales working as expected!

I fail to see how reporting them would do anything, when WG by themselves are clearly encouraging playerbase to skip low level content and buying into high tiers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
4,552 posts
13,151 battles
5 minutes ago, bakmaita said:

Yay, tier IX ship sales working as expected!

I fail to see how reporting them would do anything, when WG by themselves are clearly encouraging playerbase to skip low level content and buying into high tiers.

welcome to free 2 play game that aims to make money first 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
26 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Report them to WG.

Apparently, if a person gets reported often enough for playing badly (suiciding which could be called rigging or passive play), they will receive a ban... for 3 days initially. 

So i guess WG wants us to keep spamming their support with reports about bad players.

I want to believe, but does this really happen ? If it takes 80 reports and only 10 players bother to report, nothing happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,975 posts
21,212 battles
48 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Played a random battle to day, on our flank another DD and myself, an Alaska and 3 members of 1 clan, an Azuma, Pommern and a Georgia all T9 Doubloon Promo Ships. We attacked the cap, lost the other DD, Alaska panicked,  yolo’d and died, I tried to escape but to no avail, my fault I took my eye off the mini map, having pinged for help I eventually checked the mini map before I died to find the Azuma was border humping the lower border and the 2 BB had run, looking at where they where it was on obvious they ran as soon as the first shot fired.    
 

As now dead I watched the performances, utter rubbish to say the least. I checked stats out of curiosity, all 3 only had 1 T9 the ones in battle, all 3 had less than 60 Co op games between them and less than 70 random battles between them and all at less than 42% wr. 
 

I don’t blame them as much as I blame WG for allowing ships to be  money driven rather earned.   
 

Good luck to the 3 players fir the future but please learn at lower tiers first please. 
 

Rant over :etc_swear:

So, just another Monday in WoWS?

Wait till you see what's going on Friday,  Saturday and Sunday...

 

Seriously tho, it's annoying af but WGs spreadshiet says, it's fine.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
5,181 posts

Its like listening to broken records (older players will understand).

 

We have this type of rants since 2015.

WG doesnt care... their motto is "make players spend cash early, so they don't leave the game - aka feel attached, because of money spent".

 

So, while your rant is welcome, WG doesnt care one bit.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Unpopular opinion, nobody likes potatoes on their team but everyone likes devastating strikes, there's no devastating strikes without potatoes. Support your local potato community. Also how can you tell a promo alaska from a free xp alaska? They look different?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
1,120 posts
14,513 battles
21 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Unpopular opinion, nobody likes potatoes on their team but everyone likes devastating strikes, there's no devastating strikes without potatoes. Support your local potato community. Also how can you tell a promo alaska from a free xp alaska? They look different?

It was probably bought with doubloons as they had less than 60 coops and 70 randoms overall, so no chances to accumulate 1kk freexp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 hours ago, Aetius85 said:

It was probably bought with doubloons as they had less than 60 coops and 70 randoms overall, so no chances to accumulate 1kk freexp 

Ah, well then your expectations should be low indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
2 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

how can you tell a promo alaska from a free xp alaska? They look different?

A T9 premium ship with a +200% expendable camo and all economic signals, including the special ones - in co-op.

You wouldn´t believe now many times I see them. And each time it is one of those that Cyclops has described.

 

Similar phenomenon with Hizen, I only once saw a Hizen that wasn´t pink - and I´ve seen about a dozen so far.

 

 

10 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

As now dead I (...) all at less than 42% wr. 

So you got outlived by 42-percenters? Booo :Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
1,120 posts
14,513 battles
4 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Ah, well then your expectations should be low indeed

Quite the same when you see an ARP Yamato around :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

A T9 premium ship with a +200% expendable camo and all economic signals, including the special ones - in co-op.

 

VISIBLE DISGUST.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-WHO-]
Players
145 posts
12,623 battles

Report Player for bad play algorithm -> Is the player a paying customer?

            -> YES ->Delete report

            -> NO  ->Send to marketing and delete report

 

 

             

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
5 minutes ago, raz207 said:

Report Player for bad play algorithm

X to doubt, the last ten topics from people whining they were banned all had premium stuff. In fact, they used having premium stuff as a reason they should be allowed to harass people and not get banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,525 posts
26,119 battles
2 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Unpopular opinion, nobody likes potatoes on their team but everyone likes devastating strikes, there's no devastating strikes without potatoes. Support your local potato community. Also how can you tell a promo alaska from a free xp alaska? They look different?

 

 

had you actually fully read my post you would have seen that they could only have been bought as i stated by Doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
10 hours ago, rimmer_the said:

I want to believe, but does this really happen ? If it takes 80 reports and only 10 players bother to report, nothing happens...

 

Apparently yes. There was a guy on reddit complaining, that he was wrongfully banned, and there was a discussion on the NA forum about it. Someone from WG answered, that people indeed get banned if they receive enough reports (didnt mention how many tho).

So i guess its confirmed, and the stats from the guy in question are far from all red. Ive seen much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×