Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Figment

Severe disconnection/login issue since this morning

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,728 posts
7,825 battles

Tried playing a random match today, started quaint with the match loading screen failing to retrieve information from the database it seemed (saw [no clan] and every other field having null info as well for about 5 seconds, before it switched to player names and ship info as is usual). Subsequently loaded the game normally, but after half a minute disconnected, where the game said the game had to be rebooted, because it could not find source material.

I've tried rebooting 4 times, three times it disconnected again after logging in, right when it started loading the match. Only once managed to log in and load the game and match again, but disconnected as soon as I saw my at that my surprisingly not dead yet, but burning out ship. Each time I got the same message, that there was an issue with source material.

Not seen this issue before, usualy connection issues mostly caused lag and stutter or the occasional 3min disconnect as the router had to be reset. Anyone else ever had similar troubles?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,416 posts
20,555 battles

Hi all,

6 minutes ago, Figment said:

Tried playing a random match today, started quaint with the match loading screen failing to retrieve information from the database it seemed (saw [no clan] and every other field having null info as well for about 5 seconds, before it switched to player names and ship info as is usual). Subsequently loaded the game normally, but after half a minute disconnected, where the game said the game had to be rebooted, because it could not find source material.

I've tried rebooting 4 times, three times it disconnected again after logging in, right when it started loading the match. Only once managed to log in and load the game and match again, but disconnected as soon as I saw my at that my surprisingly not dead yet, but burning out ship. Each time I got the same message, that there was an issue with source material.

Not seen this issue before, usualy connection issues mostly caused lag and stutter or the occasional 3min disconnect as the router had to be reset. Anyone else ever had similar troubles?

Have you tried the PINGPlotter?

Just follow this and post the screenshoot here for us to check:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10252/

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
2,728 posts
7,825 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Have you tried the PINGPlotter?

Just follow this and post the screenshoot here for us to check:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10252/

Leo "Apollo11"

ping.thumb.png.f29a8d495c440f9609c493b2d68e8252.png

Appears to be quite a bit of package loss on that third one, which is a KPN server that for security reasons refuses to react to pings most the time (according to search result for that IP). Remainder doesn't seem too bad I think.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,416 posts
20,555 battles

Hi all,

13 minutes ago, Figment said:

ping.thumb.png.f29a8d495c440f9609c493b2d68e8252.png

Appears to be quite a bit of package loss on that third one, which is a KPN server that for security reasons refuses to react to pings most the time (according to search result for that IP). Remainder doesn't seem too bad I think.

Yes... and there are some loses even at your home point (albeit those might be false positive due to the way PINGPlotter works)...

BTW, have you, perhaps, contacted your ISP?

Also, do you, possibly, have VPN you can try and test?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

When I had strange and possibly similar problems in December 2019 / January 2020  my PINGPlotter graphs looked different...

Beta Tester
2,728 posts
7,825 battles

I can attribute minor package loss due to being on ground floor level with WiFi from a router that's a level higher. Reception therefore isn't that optimal, but it's consistent and decent. However, the issue I had seemed to be with the game not being able to find source material, period. Game itself is up to date, so that can't be the problem either. First time I've encountered this problem in years of playing, so it's not regular WiFi issues as far as I can tell.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,416 posts
20,555 battles

Hi all,

31 minutes ago, Figment said:

I can attribute minor package loss due to being on ground floor level with WiFi from a router that's a level higher. Reception therefore isn't that optimal, but it's consistent and decent. However, the issue I had seemed to be with the game not being able to find source material, period. Game itself is up to date, so that can't be the problem either. First time I've encountered this problem in years of playing, so it's not regular WiFi issues as far as I can tell.

Ahh... you are on WiFi... :Smile_hiding:

Is it 5GHz or 2.4GHz?

Why do I ask?

Because the 2.4GHz spectrum is limited and there are just 13 channels... your neighbor(s) just might bought/installed something and thus you have problems all of the sudden...

BTW, can you do the PINGPlotter scan of some other site (i.e. not the EU one - just for try):

• login1.worldofwarships.com
  • login1.worldofwarships.ru

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
2,728 posts
7,825 battles

It's normal again now, don't think I can find anything with that. Might just have been that match that got corrupted.

Sign in to follow this