Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FrankvC_Jr

How long until I get the doubloons back?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NKK2]
Players
1,140 posts

Hello all! Happy new year!

 

First of, I am going to do a copy paste of what I posted on Reddit:

 

Back when all of the Santa Box problem appeared, I bought 20 small ones using spare doubloons I had. IIRC there were 4500 I spent for those 20 small boxes. 

Like most of you, after seeing the now infamous shortlist, I asked for a manual refund of the items that I got. However, 3 weeks have passed since the last response and still nothing has appeared.

I actually asked 2 weeks ago how the process was going but no response again. Should I ask them again? Should I post the issue in the official forum? Is there any hope?

 

Right now, as I post this topic, 3 weeks have passed and no response. Reddit users said that it took 3 weeks for them, other one said that they still had his/her ticket on hold and such. 
 

Then I’ve come here looking for answers. 
 

Any help would be appreciated, either from the staff or forum members.

 

Thanks in advance and hope you all stay safe this new year.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
436 posts
7,277 battles

As far as I know, they are still working through the tickets. I guess a few more people had your idea...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,575 posts

On the plus side, if you chose the manual refund you won't lose your progress. I chose the rollback, and I lost about a week's progress in game due to that. Not a huge setback, as we weren't yet doing any major event like the Dockyard that is now ongoing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK2]
Players
1,140 posts
4 minutos antes, Karasu_Hidesuke dijo:

On the plus side, if you chose the manual refund you won't lose your progress. I chose the rollback, and I lost about a week's progress in game due to that. Not a huge setback, as we weren't yet doing any major event like the Dockyard that is now ongoing.

Yeh I wanted the manual because I actually got a Vanguard gifted in a box and did not want to risk loosing it to a rollback 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,575 posts
1 minute ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Yeh I wanted the manual because I actually got a Vanguard gifted in a box and did not want to risk loosing it to a rollback 

 

In that case it makes perfect sense. While a roll back wouldn't remove a box, it would replace it with another that might drop something completely different. However...  I don't want to alarm you but keep an eye on what happens after the refund because they can make mistakes like this:

 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/145222-warning-manual-santa-crate-refunds-removing-free-crate-contents/

 

If they happen to botch up the refund, you need to get it fixed asap.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK2]
Players
1,140 posts
5 minutos antes, Karasu_Hidesuke dijo:

 

In that case it makes perfect sense. While a roll back wouldn't remove a box, it would replace it with another that might drop something completely different. However...  I don't want to alarm you but keep an eye on what happens after the refund because they can make mistakes like this:

 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/145222-warning-manual-santa-crate-refunds-removing-free-crate-contents/

 

If they happen to botch up the refund, you need to get it fixed asap.

 

 

I hope that doesn’t happen to me lol 

 

Because I remarked the amount and the kind of boxes, I can hope that does not occur Still, I need to wait to see if something moves 

 

Thanks a lot

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
165 posts

Im also still waiting for my refund. its not been a month. Starting to get a little annoyed now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
50 posts
8,746 battles

Just received my message that finally my refund request has been processed. Took some time. Did check and it seems that the manual action has been done correctly. The 8 big crates have been refunded. Only strange item was that 21 of a type of special flags was returned in the refund. Would expect either 15 or 30. Might be that WG was in a friendly mood and let me of the hook because I might be 9 flags short. Returned 8 crates of flags, camo and 7500 coal for 5600 doubloons.

 

was expecting worse so pleased that there was no extra disappointment :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK2]
Players
1,140 posts

Well I also received it today, go figure.

 

They say that they brought me back the 3800 doubloons I spent but I thought the amount of gold equivalent of 20 small boxes were 4500. I might be wrong, but still I am happy with the refund 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OOPSY]
Players
141 posts
9,230 battles
On 1/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, FrankvC_Jr said:

Hello all! Happy new year!

 

First of, I am going to do a copy paste of what I posted on Reddit:

 

Back when all of the Santa Box problem appeared, I bought 20 small ones using spare doubloons I had. IIRC there were 4500 I spent for those 20 small boxes. 

Like most of you, after seeing the now infamous shortlist, I asked for a manual refund of the items that I got. However, 3 weeks have passed since the last response and still nothing has appeared.

I actually asked 2 weeks ago how the process was going but no response again. Should I ask them again? Should I post the issue in the official forum? Is there any hope?

 

Right now, as I post this topic, 3 weeks have passed and no response. Reddit users said that it took 3 weeks for them, other one said that they still had his/her ticket on hold and such. 
 

Then I’ve come here looking for answers. 
 

Any help would be appreciated, either from the staff or forum members.

 

Thanks in advance and hope you all stay safe this new year.

You wont, i got my refund yesterday and they refunded the crates i paid with cash but didnt refund the ones i paid with dubloons. I requested a refund on the 8th of December just to give you an idea how long it took.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,575 posts
1 hour ago, Skitzo_Sam said:

You wont, i got my refund yesterday and they refunded the crates i paid with cash but didnt refund the ones i paid with dubloons. I requested a refund on the 8th of December just to give you an idea how long it took.

 

They did offer refunds for crates bought with doubloons as well, either a rollback or a manual refund. I know this because I had the rollback done on my account to restore the doubloons. However, I am not sure if they can or will do this if you request the refund under purchases, I requested only a doubloon refund and did it under the 'in game goods lost' IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NKK2]
Players
1,140 posts
4 horas antes, Karasu_Hidesuke dijo:

 

They did offer refunds for crates bought with doubloons as well, either a rollback or a manual refund. I know this because I had the rollback done on my account to restore the doubloons. However, I am not sure if they can or will do this if you request the refund under purchases, I requested only a doubloon refund and did it under the 'in game goods lost' IIRC.

Well I am kind of surprised that I got some of the gold back, even though I am not entirely sure that I got the right amount. 

 

Still, at least I got 3K gold to buy a permacamo, so I am good for now. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,575 posts
19 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Well I am kind of surprised that I got some of the gold back, even though I am not entirely sure that I got the right amount. 

 

Still, at least I got 3K gold to buy a permacamo, so I am good for now. 

 

As long as come up even. You wouldn't want them to remove something and not refund you the full amount of doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
236 posts
29,488 battles

For what it's worth. I got my refund in exactly 7 days as promised.

 

Dodged the rollback as all the goods were unused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×