Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Baumgart

Wargaming pls explain this MM to me

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SHAFT]
Players
11,761 posts
9,748 battles

Blame the retard fail division for throwing everyone under the bus

 

But seriously @MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

How is this fair really? Other people have to suffer because 2 idiots want to rig the MM? MM should punish those 2 - sure, but what did the T8 DD div do to get matched against 3xT9 DDs? Not their fault at all...

Just remove the option to have +/-1 tiers in the division. Since MM got changed over the years, its time to remove that option imo.

 

Or how about this:

in case a faildiv needs to be lowtier (because MM rule) put them in a game against 12 bots - ALONE.

2 or 3 rigging idiots vs 12 bots, and make them superstrong please, like the old operation bots. That will teach them.

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SSDZA]
[SSDZA]
Players
18 posts
6,430 battles

I would rather wait a minute or two to get in same tier matches, I suspect a lot of players wouldn't mind to wait a minute longer.

MM is broken and WG isn't going to fix it soon. its fun and engaging... 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,761 posts
9,748 battles
8 minutes ago, PyroA said:

I would rather wait a minute or two to get in same tier matches, I suspect a lot of players wouldn't mind to wait a minute longer. 

 

The faildiv already sat in queue for atleast 3 minutes! (might even be 5 - im not 100% sure) otherwise MM cant throw everyone under the bus like that.

WG has added rules to the MM, that you HAVE to be lowtier/midtier/hightier to a certain degree. If they keep playing T7-8 Div all day long, they want to prohibit the T8 ship from being put into T10 MM - that wont work at some point anymore. Maybe they even get away with it for some games. But at some point MM be like: Nope, you will see T10 now, and then they will sit in queue for 3 minutes atleast. Then MM can use a different ruleset, and then crap like that happens.

Only because a couple of crap-heads want to rig their MM... :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,122 battles
1 hour ago, Baumgart said:

How is it possible things like this can happen?

You are playing the Enterprise, sounds like the right handicap to me :cap_like:

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CULMY]
Players
4 posts
4,916 battles
Před 1 hodinou DFens_666 řekl/a:

Just remove the option to have +/-1 tiers in the division

I like this option on tiers 8-10. A tier 8 ship can't face harder mm than it already has, so divving up with a tier 9 is imho ok.
But yes, lower tiers should have it removed. I'd add the option to div up 8-10 freely.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B-B-C]
Players
3 posts
10,058 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You are playing the Enterprise, sounds like the right handicap to me :cap_like:

well the handicap was to much :DEndstats.thumb.png.ca5cadea87abf7343dbf77cba8294c23.png

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,117 posts
11,525 battles
9 minutes ago, Baumgart said:

well the handicap was to much :D

 

*hint* just go in with a 3x division yourself. a) much more carry potential b) the risk of having such a fail division on your team is right away much lower (they might be matched against you on the other team and make them bend over)

 

Not a solution for the problem itself, but meh, only WG can fix that anyway.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,893 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

WG has added rules to the MM, that you HAVE to be lowtier/midtier/hightier to a certain degree.

 

For me (!) it seems (!!) that these "rules" are working kinda... situational.

As far as I understand it, it's that a certain % of low-mid-tier battles after you have played 20 battles are implemented. As I usually only play each ship - in Random - only once a day and also play different tiers during a game session, I don't see much of these % in my battles.

Like...

When playing my T6 CVs I regularly expect to end in a T8 battle and are rarely disappointed...

So..

For me playing in an other than a +2 MM feels as an exception... still... as it was before WG told us that they would set up these... rules...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,122 battles
8 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

As I usually only play each ship - in Random - only once a day and also play different tiers during a game session, I don't see much of these % in my battles.

The MM of your battles is saved on the server.

Just do a bit of bookkeeping for each Tier and you will see it.

 

When you change Tiers often, you cannot see it without bookkeeping.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,016 battles

Is? Was there a point to this thread? 

WG makes the match (the MM & RNG & player Cpt skills, etc).

WG can do whatever it wants to with the MM & does.

WG will always say the "... MM is working as intended".

Yep, working as intended (& not for the favour of the game or the players, simply WG wallet).

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B-B-C]
Players
3 posts
10,058 battles
1 hour ago, Aethervoxx said:

Is? Was there a point to this thread? 

WG makes the match (the MM & RNG & player Cpt skills, etc).

WG can do whatever it wants to with the MM & does.

WG will always say the "... MM is working as intended".

Yep, working as intended (& not for the favour of the game or the players, simply WG wallet).

I obviously need a shoulder to cry on after i lost an unfair match, stupid question. Thats what the forum is for.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
264 posts
12,793 battles
1 hour ago, Baumgart said:

I obviously need a shoulder to cry on after i lost an unfair match, stupid question. Thats what the forum is for.

I think you was right to complain and is handy to give feedback.

 

Looking at the data the problem was here divisions your team had two of lower teir and 1 of those two T7/T8 divisions should be on the other side to give atleast a more fairer distribution.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles
6 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

The SCHTSCHORS ?

 

SCHT.jpg.94627d445bb05c2e90c8779afc547b29.jpg

German client ... don't ask ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,984 posts
3,802 battles
14 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Blame the retard fail division for throwing everyone under the bus

 

But seriously @MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

How is this fair really? Other people have to suffer because 2 idiots want to rig the MM? MM should punish those 2 - sure, but what did the T8 DD div do to get matched against 3xT9 DDs? Not their fault at all...

Just remove the option to have +/-1 tiers in the division. Since MM got changed over the years, its time to remove that option imo.

 

Or how about this:

in case a faildiv needs to be lowtier (because MM rule) put them in a game against 12 bots - ALONE.

2 or 3 rigging idiots vs 12 bots, and make them superstrong please, like the old operation bots. That will teach them.

I wonder if someone in the queue exceeded the time limit?

The MM goes into panic mode then and grabs anything in their tier range to form the battle, if it picked up the fail div, it would spit out a match like that, I think.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,761 posts
9,748 battles
10 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I wonder if someone in the queue exceeded the time limit?

 

The faildiv. Its either 3 or 5 minutes, but i believe its 3. After 3 minutes, MM loses the stricter rules and it uses the old ones, where it would mismatch tiers and classes.

And the faildiv sat in queue so long, because the T8 ship was supposed to be lowtier. If they constantly see 6-8 or 7-9 MM, then the T8 ship is never lowtier, and that simply doesnt work under the new MM rules. The only way, MM wouldnt throw more people under the bus (like all the T8s in this case) would be, if he finds another faildiv to match against theirs and put them regularily into a T10 match.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,016 battles
2 hours ago, Onsterfelijke said:

I think you was right to complain and is handy to give feedback.

 

 Looking at the data the problem was here divisions your team had two of lower teir and 1 of those two T7/T8 divisions should be on the other side to give atleast a more fairer distribution.

 

 

 

Looking at the data. Yes. What it said was there was a blatant cheat. Ofc, the two referred to divisions should have had one to each team.

The WG MM is more set up to make unfair matches for WG* reasons. Anyone with any brains can figure this out. 

I commiserate with the OP. We all see far too many joke Roflstomps (W & L).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,956 battles
15 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Blame the retard fail division for throwing everyone under the bus

 

But seriously @MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

How is this fair really? Other people have to suffer because 2 idiots want to rig the MM? MM should punish those 2 - sure, but what did the T8 DD div do to get matched against 3xT9 DDs? Not their fault at all...

Just remove the option to have +/-1 tiers in the division. Since MM got changed over the years, its time to remove that option imo.

 

Or how about this:

in case a faildiv needs to be lowtier (because MM rule) put them in a game against 12 bots - ALONE.

2 or 3 rigging idiots vs 12 bots, and make them superstrong please, like the old operation bots. That will teach them.

 

This honestly looks a bit broken, we'll report it.

  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,761 posts
9,748 battles
Just now, MrConway said:

 

This honestly looks a bit broken, we'll report it.

 

Good to hear that :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,321 posts
20,183 battles

I saw the thread early in the morning without time to comment until now, but it's been irking me since then.

 

Although I share the general impression of this being a "WTF MM" moment, I'm tempted to play Devil's advocate and say poor MM algorithm (let's not forget it's just an algo following its rules at the end of the day) got screwed hard this time because of the divisions and their composition. In OP's team we have firstly the faildiv which we all have immediately seen and facepalmed to, but the thing is, each of the three divisions is a single-class one. OTOH, the reds also have three divisions but of more mixed nature (2 BBs; 1 BB/2 CAs; 1 BB / 1 CA). There are some options I can think of for a slight balancing of what is shown tier-wise but swapping Green C (the faildiv) plus an unpaired BB (the Massachusetts, probably) with Red B (the 3-man div) is the one that forces things the less IMO. Another possibility is swapping DDs, but that would leave four divisions in one team, and I'm quite sure I've never seen more than three, so it made me wonder if there's a cap on divisions too.

 

I don't know, it looks like not enough provisions were made for strange queues and somehow one of the unexpected/unlikely scenarios happened.

 

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×