Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RaptorWildfire

WHY...

38 comments in this topic

[BOLD]
Beta Tester
170 posts
8,497 battles

.. there are only *edit*left to play Ranked now?

Asking 10 mins for AA cover that never come, marking radar to be sunk while half a team chase a rogue DD off the map, Yolo BBs... 
Why WG, why you can't build a working algorithm to encourage more the teamplay?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Am 7.1.2021 um 11:49, RaptorWildfire sagte:

.. there are only *edit* left to play Ranked now?

Because they represent a rapidly increasing percentage of the playerbase whom WG have attracted and nurtured.

• Cool 10

Beta Tester
2,717 posts
7,825 battles

The upside is that if there's only pure imbeciles left on both sides, you should be raking in the kills and wins? :p

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
572 posts
6,585 battles
Am 7.1.2021 um 11:49, RaptorWildfire sagte:

.. there are only *edit* left to play Ranked now?

Are you still playing ranked?

If so you seem to be including yourself.

There are only pure imbeciles because we are not good enough to have ranked out yet.

HTH

[KAKE]
Players
2,800 posts
6,795 battles
28 minutes ago, RaptorWildfire said:

Asking 10 mins for AA cover that never come

Erm. Where have you been the past two years? The "provide AA cover" command is a remnant of pre-rework days, when fighters actually did something useful. WG would be better off just removing that quick command altogether.

• Cool 7

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,052 posts
6 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Erm. Where have you been the past two years? The "provide AA cover" command is a remnant of pre-rework days, when fighters actually did something useful. WG would be better off just removing that quick command altogether.

Probarbly in the same region as the BB players who ask for smoke so they can "stealthfire" from it......and then proceed to sail through it without stopping.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
772 posts
5,785 battles
46 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

i find provide aa cover a great psychological moral boost.

-first of all it says you are helping them in CV (since from the start you are hated in CV), so this kind of help makes you a fellow player.

- second it helps destroyer to feel more secure, so that he knows that he is not alone so far out in the world.

- third, actualy it does drive away potential enemy planes for a short amount of time.

- the button provide aa cover is the SAME button as the button on the street walking lights, where you push the button in hope that green light will come sooner,but in general it wont speed up the process of green light.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,208 battles
1 hour ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Take a break

And have a KitKat.

• Funny 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

- second it helps destroyer to feel more secure, so that he knows that he is not alone so far out in the world.

I hate CVs that pop fighters ontop of my DD, its a nice "HELLO, HERE IS THE DD"-sign for the enemy CV (or even radar cruisers)

• Cool 6

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
772 posts
5,785 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I hate CVs that pop fighters ontop of my DD, its a nice "HELLO, HERE IS THE DD"-sign for the enemy CV (or even radar cruisers)

haha yeah I know, I put fighters only on request or if I see he is spotted and already harassed  by enemy CV, otherwise like you said I got F.U. CV. 

Even lets be true, you see enemy has 1 or 2 dds, cap is being fast capped at the start, you really dont have to be a brainer where the enemy dd is. Only late game if you know that your DD is not spotted then you dont do that and put fighters on him.

Yesterday I had a game where I was with BB left, and enemy had CV and DD, we didnt know where enemy DD was, so I was looking, looking and then enemy CV put fighters over him haha, instant mistake. So yeah only on request or if he  is already being harrased by cv

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
5,181 posts
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

And have a KitKat.

I literally just did :)

• Cool 1

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
202 posts
2,660 battles

today I saw really questionable plays in rankeds.
5 ships on same side, not pushing against 2 cruisers, but camping behind islands.

Siegfriend and Moskva yolo inside the AB double-cap, just to die in 30 or so seconds.

Thunderer avoiding total empty cap circle, just cruising around islands

CV unable to hit single bomb from 5 tries on my ship

[LSCA]
Players
2,029 posts
15,005 battles
2 hours ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Take a break

how this solve problem when there only 1 week to complete the rank ?

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
4,552 posts
13,164 battles
2 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

the problem is not the playerbase but OP not being able to deal with the playerbase. No one can solve the playerbase being pepega. That will always and forever be the case. If he can't deal with it he needs to take a break. 

[VIBES]
Players
1,245 posts
23,057 battles
47 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, sure.

Then again, I was told to go f*** myself for dropping fighters on a DD that was capping while staying stationary in his smoke, smoke that was about to dissipate, while enemy rocket planes were circling around him...

Nevermind DDs that spawn on the opposite flank as you, never ask for anything, but once they're dead they write "F.U. CV" in chat for not helping them from across the map.

[VELOS]
Players
224 posts
3,328 battles
Just now, gabberworld said:

It doesn't.

I guess that the ranks will remain "as is" and no further improvement in terms of matchmaking.

IMO it is a core problem, when a noob can unlock rank battles in a number of co-op battles and "investing" on a premium ship that is the tier which rank battles require to participate then ther is a high chance of imbalanced teams creation from the matchmaker.

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,615 posts
16,810 battles
3 hours ago, RaptorWildfire said:

Asking 10 mins for AA cove

The game does not support "AA" option any more. Sorry cant be done. 

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
772 posts
5,785 battles
8 minutes ago, DinkyDi said:

today I saw really questionable plays in rankeds.
5 ships on same side, not pushing against 2 cruisers, but camping behind islands.

Siegfriend and Moskva yolo inside the AB double-cap, just to die in 30 or so seconds.

Thunderer avoiding total empty cap circle, just cruising around islands

CV unable to hit single bomb from 5 tries on my ship

yesterday I had a crazy RNG moments. Played FDR, enemy salem 8k hp left, I go with bombers( since he was behind some islands). Perfect aim, no hit, again drop back, perfect aim no hit, so he heals up, I go again, perfect aim, 1 hit, it was ultra frustrating. FDR bombs go all over the place, beacouse its impossible that stationary target with perfect aim zero hits...I find FDR really bad for ranked, slow planes, so damage deal, a lot of hallands and smallands. So far Hakuryu is perfect, fast planes, fast damage. Can adopt to any kind of enemy ships, while on the other hand I regret buying FDR for competetive play, only good in randoms so far.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Well, sure.

Then again, I was told to go f*** myself for dropping fighters on a DD that was capping while staying stationary in his smoke, smoke that was about to dissipate, while enemy rocket planes were circling around him... 

Nevermind DDs that spawn on the opposite flank as you, never ask for anything, but once they're dead they write "F.U. CV" in chat for not helping them from across the map.

I basicly stopped to expect anything from random CV players. They hardly manage to spot DDs rushing them while i try to help them so... yeah, IDGAF. I dont expect them to drop fighters ontop of me either, i just play like they play their own little minigame.

But i still dont like them dropping fighters over my DD especially early game. Not that i would insult them, but ill tell them to not do that. I guess its a situation where CV players cant win: Some players will flame them for not dropping a fighter, others will do it if they drop a fighter.

Thats when divving with a CV comes in handy: Atleast i dont have a windowlicker CV with me :cap_haloween:

[VIBES]
Players
1,245 posts
23,057 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

But i still dont like them dropping fighters over my DD especially early game. Not that i would insult them, but ill tell them to not do that.

I understand, I'm just saying this guy was about to wrecked by planes for sure, yet he still resented my help.

[PANEU]
Players
4,552 posts
13,164 battles
52 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I basicly stopped to expect anything from random CV players. They hardly manage to spot DDs rushing them while i try to help them so... yeah, IDGAF. I dont expect them to drop fighters ontop of me either, i just play like they play their own little minigame.

But i still dont like them dropping fighters over my DD especially early game. Not that i would insult them, but ill tell them to not do that. I guess its a situation where CV players cant win: Some players will flame them for not dropping a fighter, others will do it if they drop a fighter.

Thats when divving with a CV comes in handy: Atleast i dont have a windowlicker CV with me :cap_haloween:

It's simple (not really). 

The CV player needs to recognize when a fighter truly is needed to preserve the ongoing advantage or retreat of a teammate. Most have no idea when that is. Most times there aren't teammates who know what they do anyway. There are rare cases where I got love confessions from some DD players though on my team. They usually performed very well too. that happens once a month. 

Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

I would disable "AA cover" if I could. 80% of the time the one who's spamming doesn't actually need it. And other 20% I just can't help cause it's too far. And sometimes we already won, time to farm some damage, and some low HP BB starts spamming AA. When playing DD I just ask for fighters in chat if I need them, usually when we need caps to win, and sometimes I even get some.

[SURFA]
Players
137 posts
9,080 battles
5 hours ago, SirAmra said:

Probarbly in the same region as the BB players who ask for smoke so they can "stealthfire" from it......and then proceed to sail through it without stopping.

But surely that is the law of what to do.

nothing quite like sailing pommern out of the smoke.   Unloading the guns, secondaries blazing away and launching torpedoes.

just to give full fun then also have gotterdammerung over the hifi for the full on effect,

I will be honest not tried the new ranked yet.  Every thread I read says how bad it is and putting me off.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Also a nice "HELLO OUR DD IS GOING THIS WAY" sign :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this