Montrala

Huge desync

2 comments in this topic

[WDG]
Players
46 posts
6,379 battles

HELP!

I played today some battles on my notebook with no problems. In the evening I sat to my gaming PC and hoped into battle with DD. But I noticed problem with controlling ship, like there would be serious ping lag. But ping was showing 34ms all the time. Then I tried some games in Weser (campaign mission) and noticed that I seriously lag behinds. Ships do not render in my vision range for several seconds, while red outlines are visible on minimap. My attacks just go trough ships. Any idea what could be a problem? I did installation check and repair. Tested my network. Nothing helps.

Here is very short (44s) clip cut from Nvidia play capture to illustrate problem.

[WDG]
Players
46 posts
6,379 battles

For those interested, looks like game developed sudden dislike to slight overclock of my CPU (base clock 102MHz instead of nominal 100MHz in multiplier locked i7-2600). After changing BIOS to standard settings desync ended. Still, I'm puzzled, as I had this configuration for almost a year.

ETA: It was WG Support who suggested overclocking may be source of problem. However I do not understand why it become a problem suddenly.