You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lordcrafty

How 2 play CVs? I am struggling in CVs and need help

24 comments in this topic

[-OOF-]
Players
291 posts
6,372 battles

I recently took out my brand new FDR and I was disappointed to see that I could only get a 66% WR with an average of 150k. I have also been having many issues with winning in ranked battles, you see I only have a 70% WR there in CVs so I need some tips on how to play them right. I also just lost a match in Lexington so I must be doing something wrong right?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
337 posts
8,112 battles

Listen to your teammates and "hunt DD, CV noob"

Yes this is meant ironic, not rly much to improve at 65%+ WR

oh don't forget FDR has less impact on the game than e.g a Midway does

Beta Tester
1,807 posts
18,365 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Lordcrafty sagte:

I recently took out my brand new FDR and I was disappointed to see that I could only get a 66% WR with an average of 150k. I have also been having many issues with winning in ranked battles, you see I only have a 70% WR there in CVs so I need some tips on how to play them right. I also just lost a match in Lexington so I must be doing something wrong right?

Have you already tried to stop eating Pringles? Switch to oysters instead. They are more expensive but will make you much more potent.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles

What are you trying to say? That FDR is broken? 

Have you looked at your Shoukaku stats? You perform better in Shoukaku than FDR, does that mean Shoukaku is even more broken? 

I mean Shoukaku is the best CV after Enterprise next to Midway so it's true that Shoukaku is OP. 

Don't see the point of this topic. 

Also HurrDurr I have 100%WR in shoukaku in ranked. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,550 posts
20,712 battles
9 hours ago, Lordcrafty said:

I need some tips on how to play them right.

Spend all your money on lootboxes and get an Enterprise. That alone should be enough to boost your WR by another 10% or so.

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Spend all your money on lootboxes and get an Enterprise. That alone should be enough to boost your WR by another 10% or so.

I never thought I would see the moment of El2a supporting WG like this 

The_Scream.jpg

• Funny 5

[CHAR]
Players
159 posts
2,469 battles
1 minute ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Him being a CV main, isn't he basically the embodiment of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"?

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles
Just now, Phayk said:

Him being a CV main, isn't he basically the embodiment of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"?

No..... no no no xD

[-OOF-]
Players
291 posts
6,372 battles
26 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I already told you I spent my life's savings this Christmas. now I need to save up again, I can get by with a grain of rice a day right? Gimme Enty WG

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,714 posts
9,757 battles
7 minutes ago, Lordcrafty said:

I already told you I spent my life's savings this Christmas. now I need to save up again, I can get by with a grain of rice a day right? Gimme Enty WG

Would that make you a...shimp? Cause you simped for ships?

• Funny 1

[-OOF-]
Players
291 posts
6,372 battles
1 minute ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Would that make you a...shimp? Cause you simped for ships?

I simp for enty only
Azur Lane | Know Your Meme

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
On 1/7/2021 at 9:05 AM, Zuihou_Kai said:

The_Scream.jpg

More like 

The_Scream edit.jpg

• Funny 2

[LSCA]
Players
1,492 posts
12,214 battles
On 1/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, Zuihou_Kai said:

The_Scream.jpg

true tho, Enterprise is soo op that when i see this in battle then first i think. great battle lost already, of course some players manage play with that like crap

[UNNF]
Players
171 posts
15,289 battles
On 1/7/2021 at 12:08 AM, Lordcrafty said:

At last some serious topic :cap_hmm: 

I see you are striving for success and want to achieve  the best possible 99.99 % win rate ( only God has 100 % win rate ).

1. First things first - change in game name !! Lordcrafty is good one, but not good enough...

Choose something more gan'sta ( what kids like :cap_hmm: ) -- Mega scary killer aka Master of Disaster or Rambo aka Duke of the Nuke :cap_yes:

Play some heroic music while playing Wows ( 300 movie soundtrack or Britney Spears " Hit me baby one more time ) this is what gan'sta kiddos listen , right :cap_old:

You are very advanced player and at that level I think you do not need team mates anymore ( they are noobs anyway and will only mess up your game ) Play alone vs 12 and win !! Go for Kolobanov medal !! You can do it ! 

Follow your dream ! You can not always win, but you can WIN 99.99 % of the time ( if you want it strong enough ). 

Spend all your saving for a second computer, make second account and play division with yourself :cat_cool:

Watch movies with Bruce Lee in your free time to motivate you additionally .  Follow your dreams , if you succeed you can marry Dasha ( the pixel Dasha, the real one is aready taken ). 

And finally the greatest advice that I kept for the final ( now is time to play some heroic music with lot of suspense and Bass on max ) :  Be a doer !! Don't be a donter !!  - the legend Johnny Wu  

Vee (@ivinx174) | Twitter

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-WHO-]
Players
107 posts
8,228 battles

When you are left the last one in a CV always kill your self with torps. You can't have someone get an easy kill. It will also upgrade your dmg stats.

[-OOF-]
Players
291 posts
6,372 battles
On 1/16/2021 at 5:06 PM, Big_Daddy5 said:

At last some serious topic :cap_hmm: 

I see you are striving for success and want to achieve  the best possible 99.99 % win rate ( only God has 100 % win rate ).

1. First things first - change in game name !! Lordcrafty is good one, but not good enough...

Choose something more gan'sta ( what kids like :cap_hmm: ) -- Mega scary killer aka Master of Disaster or Rambo aka Duke of the Nuke :cap_yes:

Play some heroic music while playing Wows ( 300 movie soundtrack or Britney Spears " Hit me baby one more time ) this is what gan'sta kiddos listen , right :cap_old:

You are very advanced player and at that level I think you do not need team mates anymore ( they are noobs anyway and will only mess up your game ) Play alone vs 12 and win !! Go for Kolobanov medal !! You can do it ! 

Follow your dream ! You can not always win, but you can WIN 99.99 % of the time ( if you want it strong enough ). 

Spend all your saving for a second computer, make second account and play division with yourself :cat_cool:

Watch movies with Bruce Lee in your free time to motivate you additionally .  Follow your dreams , if you succeed you can marry Dasha ( the pixel Dasha, the real one is aready taken ). 

And finally the greatest advice that I kept for the final ( now is time to play some heroic music with lot of suspense and Bass on max ) :  Be a doer !! Don't be a donter !!  - the legend Johnny Wu  

Vee (@ivinx174) | Twitter

This is excellent advice. I don't think I'll be renaming my account right now but I thought that "69TheBestLoliDetonator69" would probably be an adequate username if I decide to change. I think I'll take your advice on playing without the team cause they're useless anyway and that means that I'm also going to need to tank damage and cap points, that's why I've gone for a full stealth build on my FDR now and regularly push flanks successfully.
As I'm sure you'll be able to find on maplesyrup I am currently in second place for potential damage on the FDR http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/ship_detail_2month.php?serverid=eu&shipname=Franklin D. Roosevelt&rankfrom=1&rankto=100#24
 image.png.413bf092bb2a0159c34595ba0d49b6ca.png

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,297 battles
On 1/7/2021 at 12:08 AM, Lordcrafty said:

Guess you could also need some help with your Iowa or Yugumo :3

[UNNF]
Players
171 posts
15,289 battles
59 minutes ago, Lordcrafty said:

This is excellent advice. I don't think I'll be renaming my account right now but I thought that "69TheBestLoliDetonator69" would probably be an adequate username if I decide to change. I think I'll take your advice on playing without the team cause they're useless anyway and that means that I'm also going to need to tank damage and cap points, that's why I've gone for a full stealth build on my FDR now and regularly push flanks successfully.
As I'm sure you'll be able to find on maplesyrup I am currently in second place for potential damage on the FDR http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/ship_detail_2month.php?serverid=eu&shipname=Franklin D. Roosevelt&rankfrom=1&rankto=100#24
 image.png.413bf092bb2a0159c34595ba0d49b6ca.png

Always happy to help :cap_cool:

"69TheBestLoliDetonator69" has a lot of potential for sure - it will put the enemy team in fear and they will retreat in panic to the map borders ( crying and begging for mercy ). 

Do not forget to shout occasionally " Banzai "  and " I see you "  messages to keep the terror and break their spirit - Brown pants effect ( some of the enemies will need to change their pants for understandable reasons after that ) :cap_look:

Just imagine the mountain of credits, xp, free xp when you win alone vs 12 :cap_hmm:

May I suggest something , when you start playing alone ( with no team mates ) against full enemy team of 12 players ( potatoes & tomatoes) do not kill them very fast. Take your time, play like a cat plays with the mouse. 

From a  strategic point leave one DD after you kill all the other enemies and let him cap, so you can defend the cap and get extra xp. 

PS : If you got bored of playing alone, invite me for division !! 

I usually park around some island and fishing,  already demounted the guns from my Shimakaze and placed my stereo system and barbeque instead, so Deep House music and grilled steak & fish with bottle of good red wine :cat_cool: 

Releasing the 20 km torpedoes and waiting to reload, keeping my paint nice and shiny ( I really hate scratches on the paint, I am sure you understand )  :cap_old:

And if you already purchased second PC, then you can play with CV and BB at the same time and with my Shima ( moving DJ platform with torps ).

Keep up the good work fellow captain  ( the potatoes need to be welcomed properly ) :cap_old::cap_cool:

[UNNF]
Players
171 posts
15,289 battles

So, after the conversion my new Shimakaze destroyer looks like that

2018 Pershing 140 Luxury Superyacht Project - The New Dimension of  “Pershing Thrill” - YouTube

Destroyer converted to super yacht with torpedo launchers :cap_old::cap_cool:

PC: I am concerned the WG developer team will want to nerf it removing the swimming pool and the jacuzzi , because it is very strong ship  ( OP ) :cap_old: