You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

How to deactivate stupid floral decorations on Hizen War Paint camo??

31 comments in this topic

[MIAO]
Players
1,672 posts
7,809 battles
6 minuti fa, ___V_E_N_O_M___ ha scritto:

How do I get rid of this stuff highlighted in blue:

20210106_183824.jpg

change camo, or if you want the current camo without those thingies, i THINK you can deactivate something in port, here:image.thumb.png.4790338f9e86c8ad203bccbed9de8b53.png(i know navi means ships in italian, but its translated wrongly in this game)

go to the gearings and here you have it (i opened a random menu, the first one)

(i could have done a better screenshot but you had to know, EVERYONE has to know about my miodway kek)

[MIAO]
Players
1,672 posts
7,809 battles
2 minuti fa, ___V_E_N_O_M___ ha scritto:

no that turns off the camo completely

afaik then there is nothing else to do to turn off those things

Players
1,763 posts
9,421 battles
3 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

afaik then there is nothing else to do to turn off those things

f that is really annoying, I mean who rides into battle with flowers on their ship??

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,835 posts
20,122 battles
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

f that is really annoying, I mean who rides into battle with flowers on their ship??

Sailors who have girlfriends/ wifes? :Smile_trollface:

Seriously tho, i am not sure WG knows what "war paint" means.

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,116 battles
9 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

This? 

0ad694957c95093eb2dcf7c2d81a722c--shot-p

• Funny 10

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,116 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

In port, go to the bottom right of the screen, there is a little cog right next to the number of ships in your port.  From there you can deactivate camouflages you don't like.

shot-21.01.06_21.53.46-0266.jpg

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
859 posts
10,127 battles

WG seem to have abandoned the idea of "immersion" for a naval game.

Perhaps Anime is the future?

Players
35 posts
9,252 battles

One of the mods in Modstation replaces all that crap with real camos. Downside is new ships ( like Hizen ) will be shown without any camo at all, but at least you don't see any gorgonoids, crocosaurs and whatever mental farts there are.

And it's officially approved, you get it from the site of the game.

• Cool 2

Players
1,763 posts
9,421 battles
44 minutes ago, tsounts said:

In port, go to the bottom right of the screen, there is a little cog right next to the number of ships in your port.  From there you can deactivate camouflages you don't like.

shot-21.01.06_21.53.46-0266.jpg

I like that camo not the green wreaths. Have you not been paying attention??

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
5,439 posts
21,919 battles
38 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

He probably didn't, but still tried to help You... so why do you get impolite now?

But hey, here's some answer from me:

You like that "camo"? To bad - seems you gotta have to live with that green stuff then...

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,116 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

If you like that camo get used to the green wreaths or find some mods.  And also, it's as if you have highlighted almost the entire hull, just saying...

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,020 battles

You can simply demount that camo & then mount any other camo you have in your inventory. Is this 'that' hard for you to figure out?

Alternately, you could have avoided this whole issue by not even obtaining a Hizen (you obviously slavishly followed WGs latest barfing, err, offering). :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff
5,160 posts
4,445 battles
Před 16 hodinami ___V_E_N_O_M___ řekl/a:

20210106_183824.jpg

You can either switch off Decorative camouflages as other described here.

But Hizen also comes with standard permanent camouflage:

shot-21.01.07_11.44.38-0254.jpg

Sorry for Czech language in this picture, but I think it is visible what I have in mind.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
3,099 posts
12,188 battles
15 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

But then also, who rides into battle with young asian girls as captains in anime looking things.....not me, lol. But for some it's the bees knees. On another note, the worst camo in the game needs to go, frosty fir shite! Flowers on ships is what happens when you make camo design more inclusive maybe.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FAILS]
Players
616 posts
21,118 battles
4 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

But then also, who rides into battle with young asian girls as captains in anime looking things.....not me, lol. But for some it's the bees knees. On another note, the worst camo in the game needs to go, frosty fir shite! Flowers on ships is what happens when you make camo design more inclusive maybe.

Well, you don't actually see those Anime girls in a battle. You do see the camos. Apart from using the filters, I reccommend mods to change some of the absolutely hideous camos. You can check out TheKingOfUm's "Unique Camouflage Plus" for example, which is what I have been using for quite some time and it increases immersion (and your eyes' health) by a lot.

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,116 battles
13 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

Well, you don't actually see those Anime girls in a battle. You do see the camos. Apart from using the filters, I reccommend mods to change some of the absolutely hideous camos. You can check out TheKingOfUm's "Unique Camouflage Plus" for example, which is what I have been using for quite some time and it increases immersion (and your eyes' health) by a lot.

Well, it's almost certain that if we could see those anime girls in battle everyone would be missing their shots even towards a broadside Minotaur at 3km.

• Funny 2

Players
871 posts
5,845 battles
9 minutes ago, tsounts said:

Well, it's almost certain that if we could see those anime girls in battle everyone would be missing their shots even towards a broadside Minotaur at 3km.

I think I might actually even have a hard time hitting a broadside Kremlin, GK or Yammy.

Players
600 posts
6,865 battles
16 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Spartans? In their hair, at least iirc

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,831 posts
25,564 battles

well, i guess it's part of the camo? like with odin?!... i mean... u can't empty the beercan on special roma camo either, can u?!

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,771 posts
2 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I take it you don't let a Teddy Bear captain any of your ships, either?

1 hour ago, tsounts said:

For once the servers would be properly buffered! :Smile_hiding:

[1FA]
Players
396 posts
18,014 battles
6 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I take it you don't let a Teddy Bear captain any of your ships, either?

Ehm, actualy: 

IMG_20210107_144836.png

• Funny 3

Modder
234 posts
9,263 battles

You would need to make a mod and edit the 3D model for that. Get the WoWS unpacker, find the primitives for the decorations and extract them. Then delete the polygons from the files and make a mod with your edited files.

AstreTunes has compiled pretty much all the information that is publicly available about the primitives and how to edit them:
https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/120372-read-3d-models-from-“primitives”-files/?page=1

If this would be your first mod for WoWS, expect a steep learning curve. As in, if you were paid a wage for the hours that you are going to put in, that mod would cost hundreds of Euros. If you ask me, it's not worth the effort.