Trpinjska_cesta_

Best tier 5 premium battleship for beginner

31 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
43 battles

I am WOT player, and know how premium tanks are important. Was reading that high tier premiums in WOW would be too high for new players. Whats Your suggestion? So, thinking about that 10 $ tier 5 on special offer- texas or Huanghe...or some ship that isnt on sale. Like Viribus Unitis or O. Revolutsiya..

[CATS]
Players
28,880 posts
15,115 battles

The premium BB you can buy at the moment for Tier V are not that good.

The perfect option would have been the ARP Kongos, but these are not for sale at the moment.

When you really want to get one, take the Oktober (RU BB). If I am not mistaken, you can get her for Coal out of the armory.

• Cool 1

Players
192 posts
7,553 battles

I cannot recommend T5... because T5 BB premiums aren't worth it, Viribus is worst T5 BB, Texas after CV rework lost her main gimmick, Revolutsiya is free in armory if you play enough and get coal.

But T6 is better tier to get premium, first MM at T6 is maybe not the best but you will taste high tier matches and low tier matches so in my opinion its best tier to learn the game.

As for T6 premium BBs, West Virginia 1941 and Warspite is best ones i can recommend.

• Cool 1

Players
605 posts
27,014 battles

You can buy a Texas, a Viribus Unitis or an October Revolutsiya if you want. Those are good Tier 5 BBs.

But you do not have to do that.

You will be surprised what you can do with a simple König.

Bretagne and Kongo are nice too.

So unless you can get your Hands on a Giulio Cesare you can do just as well with a Tech Tree Ship compared to a Premium.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,403 posts
14,934 battles
1 hour ago, Trpinjska_cesta_ said:

Started to play this game, and thinking about buying premium battleship ship tier 5. What would be the best choice? 

As others have said, most T5 BBs are not really worth spending money on; better to hold on until you can get a freebie (such as OR from the Armory [sic], or things like the ARP clones, if they come around again.

Did you use an invite code when you started playing? If not, use one now (if you still can), or start a new account making use of one - that will get you some useful freebies, including a free Warspite.

Edit: it's generally sensible not to spend any real money on premium ships (although premium time isn't a bad idea), until you know you're going to be playing for a decent period of time, and you've got more of a handle on which types of ships you like best, and tend to do well with. In the meantime, pick up any freebies that you can (there are a couple in the current dockyard event, excluding the final T9 one, and Strasbourg can be earned from a campaign that's running now), including ones available for resources like coal and Free XP.

T6 premiums can be useful for Operations, as can T7s, although the latter only have one scenario available (Narai), whereas there isn't anything like that for T5s.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
10,508 posts
7,322 battles
1 hour ago, Trpinjska_cesta_ said:

Started to play this game, and thinking about buying premium battleship ship tier 5. What would be the best choice? 

Get a Pyotr Veliky - silver ship but by far the best T5 BB

• Cool 1

[_MO_]
Players
63 posts
2,520 battles

You can save fxp and buy Nelson with 350k. Just play the game and save fxp and it will come to you. 

Also select more resources on daily Chests. You can buy premiums from there too with coal. 

Tech lines are better than premiums to that tier. 

Still if you want to spend your money, pick whatever you like. T5 are all the same. Keep in mind that you can go to T5 on all line fairly easy. 

• Cool 1

Players
932 posts

I would second the point mentioned above about getting a T6 instead of a T5. T5 is a) not great for battleships right now, b) not possessed of all that many really good premiums, c) not especially high-earning (so not much benefit of premium over regular ships) and d) frequently the tier used for reward ships which can be obtained for free in various ways, no cash required. If you go for T6, there's more choice of ships which tend to be better on average (although you will see T8 games on occasion), and you can play Operations which are a lot of fun and also have some pretty good rewards in terms of free XP, premium time and 10-point captains.

Regarding T6 then: purely in terms of battleships, Warspite is very good and easily available for free (play a single T6 game in an account started with a new-starter code; if you haven't used one, just get your current account to the point where you can use the Recruitment Station and use the recruitment code from that account to start a new one). She's not quick, but the guns are accurate and hit pretty hard, and she can be pretty tough in the right circumstances.

If you're talking ships in general, something a bit like a battleship is the Graf Spee which is a lot of fun; she has battleship-sized guns on a cruiser hull with torpedoes and a heal. There are numerous other premium cruisers at T6 which have varying playstyles so you could probably find one to suit you if that's your thing.

A couple of resources that might be useful:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Premium_ships

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/210980-mouses-catalog-of-ship-reviews/

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,745 posts
9,809 battles

There's no really good tier 5 BBs you could buy at the moment. Plus the silver ones are generaly OK too, so don't bother. Or just buy a perma camo for a tier 5 tech tree BB.

Dobrodošu na wows btw

[URUC]
Players
247 posts

If you are sure about spending money, do it at  T6

Both T5 Giulio Cesare and Kongo ARP are no longer avayable,, the others.... negative. 

The T6 Dunkerque BB is a easy ship, chck on youtube.

[CATS]
Players
28,880 posts
15,115 battles

Dunk is not easy to play for a beginner.

She may be a good teacher for proper BB play, but she is a harsh teacher. That could be too frustrating.

[TOHOU]
Players
63 posts
3,797 battles

For TV i would go Kaiser or the russian Line Ship, they are pretty decent

Kongo is decent too

T VI i would go for Fuso or Mexico or Izmail -tho Russian bbs have limited Damage control charges but 40 sec reload on that

[TSSU]
Players
189 posts

Echo the "get normal BB and get premium camo" as a solution - especially at that tier.

Alternatively do your dailies to collect coal and then in a month or so get the Oktyabr... Re... whatever it's called for ~50k coal - though by that point you may be further along and want something else.

I wouldn't advise buying any premium ships - certainly not at this point. You're not magically going to win games simply by having a premium. Better to spend time playing and getting a feel then making a more informed decision. Some premiums (which I did buy) I love, some I regret (freemiums) as they're basically the exact same ship as the grind line. But the pricing structure is now starting to border the obscene - far rather spend on premium account instead.

• Cool 1

[VIBES]
Players
382 posts
17,813 battles

Okt Rev is ugly as sin, and very vulnerable when giving broadside, but she has good HE and she's fairly tanky when angled due to having a small superstructure. I think you can get her for coal, which is nice. She still holds my T5 dmg record.

Texas is very reliable: the AA isn't what it used to be, but she's just fine.

Viribus Unitis has low hp and basically no AA, but she's stealthy, she has 6 guns at the front (no other T5 BB has more than 4, iirc) and she has good frontal armor, as well. Very underrated.

Giulio Cesare would be the most powerful among these, but she's not available anymore.

I'd say get the Okt Rev as a captain trainer for coal, and maybe the Texas if something's burning a hole in your pocket.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
165 posts
On 1/6/2021 at 8:06 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Get a Pyotr Veliky - silver ship but by far the best T5 BB

The Cesare laughs at your comment. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,508 posts
7,322 battles
7 hours ago, T0L0S said:

The Cesare laughs at your comment. 

Well of course GC is strong. But she is not available anymore and in my opinion Pyotr is at least as strong 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
165 posts
3 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Well of course GC is strong. But she is not available anymore and in my opinion Pyotr is at least as strong 

lol no, its not even on the same level as the cesare, sorry. 

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
693 posts
4,424 battles
On 1/6/2021 at 6:34 PM, CaptainKreutzer said:

Viribus is worst T5 BB

I disagree.

I believe that VU is among the best T5 ships. I get very good numbers out of her. 

I've dedicated a whole thread to it.

Check it out.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/131678-viribus-unitis-not-garbage-at-all/

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
693 posts
4,424 battles
On 1/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, tocqueville8 said:

Viribus Unitis has low hp and basically no AA, but she's stealthy, she has 6 guns at the front (no other T5 BB has more than 4, iirc) and she has good frontal armor, as well. Very underrated.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I really don't know why folk have such a downer on her. I guess because they can't be bothered to put any work in to making her shine.

Or maybe they just pay too much attention to Little White Mouse's review.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,403 posts
14,934 battles
1 hour ago, LiveWire___ said:

I really don't know why folk have such a downer on her.

Speaking personally, it's because she is so - painfully - slow (and dumps even more speed in a turn). Still, that isn't unique to VU, and having that many guns does partially make up for the lack of velocity.

Mine basically lives in Coop (where her down-sides don't really matter), as I have several far more entertaining choices to take out against real people.

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
693 posts
4,424 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Speaking personally, it's because she is so - painfully - slow (and dumps even more speed in a turn). Still, that isn't unique to VU, and having that many guns does partially make up for the lack of velocity.

Mine basically lives in Coop (where her down-sides don't really matter), as I have several far more entertaining choices to take out against real people.

I've used VU to kill 7 enemy ships in a match once. That was very entertaining. I don't see her slowness as any kind of weakness. Her manoeuvrability more than makes up for it.

I almost never bother with Co-Op at all. I can't see any point in it, other than grinding achievements. 

[SM0KE]
Players
6,403 posts
14,934 battles
19 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

I almost never bother with Co-Op at all. I can't see any point in it

It's the most time-efficient mode for doing a lot of missions (usually the 'x hits', 'y caps' and so on types); it's also a good place to play ships that you aren't good enough in to avoid being a liability to your team in PvP (which is why most of my games that aren't in DDs are in Coop).