Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Itwastuesday

What to research in RB?

35 comments in this topic

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles

Yo. I'm getting enough points today for an UU, but I'm having trouble judging which, if any, are worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I got : Hindenburg, GK, Yamato, Harugumo, Shimakaze, Zao, Hakuryu, Grozovoi

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Grozovoi UU is straight up 10% DPM buff. The cost? Slower torpedo reload, but grozovoi torpedoes aren't your bread and butter. You simply hold on to them untill there's a very good opportunity for a set of 10x10Km torps, it doesn't matter if they reload in 3 mins. It brings Grozovoi's DPM suspiciously close to pure gunboat DPM, that's very comfy for what is really a hybrid/utility DD. It basically turns Grozovoi into a khaba with decent concealment, usable torpedoes and a buffet of consumables.

• Cool 4

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles
11 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Grozovoi UU is straight up 10% DPM buff. The cost? Slower torpedo reload, but grozovoi torpedoes aren't your bread and butter. You simply hold on to them untill there's a very good opportunity for a set of 10x10Km torps, it doesn't matter if they reload in 3 mins. It brings Grozovoi's DPM suspiciously close to pure gunboat DPM, that's very comfy for what is really a hybrid/utility DD. It basically turns Grozovoi into a khaba with decent concealment, usable torpedoes and a buffet of consumables.

Yeah that's one I thought would be just a straight upgrade, especially because soon I'll actually have 19pts and AFT for it :D

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
12 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

In same order

Definetely not

Probably not - used to be better, now i think its not worth it, because its so very similar to the normal upgrades, just a mix between guns and secondaries. For tank build id take reload, for secondary build i guess you could argue for the UU.

If you prefer accuracy over DPM then yes

nope

eh... maybe? You gain slightly better torpreload (-25% instead of -15% but lose 70% tube traverse speed)

Nope

From what i know i think its good (but dont take my word for it)

I guess it makes sense, unless for some reason you play it as a torpboat.

The top 3 id say are Yamato, Grozo and Hakuryu.

Shima and GK are maybe

Hindi, Haru and Zao are no's

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
Just now, Itwastuesday said:

Yeah that's one I thought would be just a straight upgrade, especially because soon I'll actually have 19pts and AFT for it :D

Ye, grozovoi with the unique module is very spicy, underrated, and has swag because it's rare, don't see them often. My stats in it are poop, they will always be poop because it was my first T10, I spammed it without knowing what I was doing, but sometimes I still drive it now and then, very very spicy. I'd just get that and be done with it, Zao UU is good but that's polishing a turd.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Really? I thought the Zao mod seems good and Harumod seems decent for smokememes?

[RODS]
Players
1,969 posts
7,828 battles

I only have 2 UU:s

Zao, my first ever, was real good, however WG "in their infinite wisdom" decided to nerf to rubbish level, I can not recommend this UU

Moskva, in slot 6 it "costs" mod 3 (11% faster reload) u get +8% range and -7% dispersion, value of this upgrade is questionable

• Cool 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 minute ago, Itwastuesday said:

Really? I thought the Zao mod seems good and Harumod seems decent for smokememes?

Zao mod is good but zao is poop so why get it. Harugumo one is good for memes. You asked which is worth getting, that's yamato, grozo and hakuryu, I say grozo but I'm biased, love that boat.

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles
3 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Zao mod is good but zao is poop so why get it. Harugumo one is good for memes. You asked which is worth getting, that's yamato, grozo and hakuryu, I say grozo but I'm biased, love that boat.

Isn't that the sad truth! 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
12 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Zao was good before they nerfed it. Now its some weird mix between range and more damage. The problem is, Zao already has very good dispersion, so either you want more range or better reload, can have either with the normal upgrades. Imo either of the other 2 makes individually more sense than the UU.

Not sure if Haru makes sense for some memes. Imo too much work to throw it away for that. Laying such a smokescreen makes rarely sense imo. At worst, you conceal the enemies with it aswell. I basicly just dont get the idea. Fart a big fat smokescreen as a DD, that also wants to be in that smokescreen, so you need someone spotting for you. Otherwise, you might have concealed your team, but also the enemies. If you would want to lay that smokescreen for your team (which might be nice), but now that you dont have the concealment module anymore, you might get into trouble yourself if the enemy DD just starts to spot you.

I tried maximum smoke meme-build as Mino once - figured its just that: a meme, not worth it.

btw, as for GK, considering the captain rework, i actually think it becomes a no aswell. Relying on secondaries will be useless, thus reload mod will always be superior imo. (unless they buff german secondaries somehow)

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
54 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Zao's UU got nerfed - they removed the rudder shift buff. Remember, one of Zao's strenghts is it's good stealth, and you give some of that up by having to mount the UU in slot 6. It used to provide a nice alternative gameplay where you'd use your superior manoeuvrability to survive while landing a bit more shells, without that rudder buff I really don't think it's worth it - Zao doesn't exactly suffer from a lack of accuracy, anyway. Either way you go if an MvR wants you dead, you're dead. Really not worth spending RP on.

I'll second the Grozo recommendation - it's a good module. Yes, your torp reload becomes pretty long, but you really don't rely on them, and let's not forget the UU isn't just a DPM buff - if you were running the reload module in that slot so far (I did before I got the UU) you might notice that the UU actually reduces your turret traverse by a lesser amount, so in that case it's a DPM + turret traverse buff and you sacrifice a bit of torpedo reload. For the Groz, that's absolutely worth it imho.

Personally I hate the Hindi UU, tried it a bit with her, the problem was while it does make you fix fires faster, (and floods, but these shouldn't be much of an issue on the Hindi for obvious reasons), but you'll also end up catching more fires so, eh. I tried it, hated it, and demounted it after a few battles. In general, fires aren't what you're really scared of in a Hindi, it's all the overmatch BB's all around, and ap bombers and rockets.

No personal experience with the other ones you listed as they didn't seem worth getting to me.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
3,522 posts
27,810 battles
2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Yo. I'm getting enough points today for an UU, but I'm having trouble judging which, if any, are worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

haku, case closed.... (afaik = faster planes, which translates into higher dpm). otherwise it'll be yammies 4 me for sure! take the (at point of introduction of its uu) most accurate bb on t10 and make it even woat?! right, more accurate :Smile_facepalm::Smile_playing:... still by far one of the best uu's ingame imho.

on a note: grozo would be like one of the last uu's for me to go for lol...

ah, just saw. nvm then :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_hiding:

[RDNT]
Players
236 posts

I wanna say "none"

Currently having the following WITH UU: Z52, Mino, Zao, Henri 4, Monty, GK and Yama and the following WITHOUT UU: Yueyang, Shima, Haru, Hindy, DM, Worcester & Kremlin I'll say they are not worth it anymore, they have been nerfed to death* imho

All of the aforementioned UU were obtained under the old regime (a 5x chain mission one the specific ship) and when they nerfed the existing UU (yeah I got screwed with my pants on) and introduced the new RB-way of gettin' em I kindda dialed out of tX.

To the extend possible I wanna limit my exposure to WGs mood in respect to "here's a new regime that totally wreck havoc on all the time you've spent so far"-debacle.

So I'm not really playing tX for precisely that reason.

Turning my attention to the thread at hand I concur: If you insist go for the Grozo with your current fleet. All the others are not worth it anymore.

However consider this: RB points are now "easier" (alright: less of a hassle) to obtain so perhaps reset two lines during '21 with the 2x bonus at get yourself a RB-boat instead?

My two cents

*) and the keen eye will notice that the Russian bias is well and alive......

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles
4 minutes ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Turning my attention to the thread at hand I concur: If you insist go for the Grozo with your current fleet. All the others are not worth it anymore.

However consider this: RB points are now "easier" (alright: less of a hassle) to obtain so perhaps reset two lines during '21 with the 2x bonus at get yourself a RB-boat instead?

I might, but the only RB boat I'm intrested in is the Yolo and I think I can grind for it eventually anyway.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
29 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

And Zao had one of the best UUs in the game...

Until balancing happened:Smile_facepalm:

Cant have anything nice :Smile_sad:

At this point, id rather have UUs with extreme buffs AND severe disadvantages, that would be much more interesting i think. Instead, we have wannabe sidegrades which make very little sense to grind because its hardly different at all. Or they are outright garbage.

Maybe we need a seperate UU slot aswell, might solve some problems too.

• Cool 4

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles
18 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Cant have anything nice :Smile_sad:

At this point, id rather have UUs with extreme buffs AND severe disadvantages, that would be much more interesting i think. Instead, we have wannabe sidegrades which make very little sense to grind because its hardly different at all. Or they are outright garbage.

Maybe we need a seperate UU slot aswell, might solve some problems too.

Yeah, well that's a reason I was intrested in the Harugumo UU. It's something different

[SM0KE]
Players
7,547 posts
16,172 battles

Thanks all for the views on the Groz UU; I hadn't been running it as I missed the torps too much in Randoms, but it might be worth giving it another go for Ranked...?

• Cool 1

Players
2,436 posts
9,587 battles

I have the Yamato one, and can only speak about it in superlatives. This is what makes Yamato "The Yamato". Get it.

• Cool 2

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts

Quick question about research bureau, well two really, can I use FXP in my grinds? and if, say, I research both lines of IJN DD line, how many RB points would I get?

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
5 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Grozovoi UU is straight up 10% DPM buff.

I considered using it, so thanks for the tap on the shoulder.

Will the captain skill rework interfere with gun builds on destroyers - and influx Grozo´s UU?

Not that I equip it and after the rework it becomes worse.

Players
40 posts
9,957 battles
3 hours ago, snadge666 said:

Quick question about research bureau, well two really, can I use FXP in my grinds? and if, say, I research both lines of IJN DD line, how many RB points would I get?

Yes, you can use FXP. It's advisable to do so to get to the tiers that actually give you RP.

For the rest check this : https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Useful tips there.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
5 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Will the captain skill rework interfere with gun builds on destroyers - and influx Grozo´s UU?

BFT is gone, looks like dpm for gunboat DDs will go down a little, but goes down for all of them, not unique to grozo. Doesn't mess with Grozo UU.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
744 posts
8,032 battles
11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Why is Zao a no? not good enough anymore after they took the rudder away? Range mod is better?

Sign in to follow this