You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rage_Unchained

Ranked battles CV toxic/unsportsmanlike behaviour.

26 comments in this topic

Players
158 posts
19,558 battles

Hi folks.

Just had a ranked battle in gold ranking. 
We were given a CV player with 46% WR over almost 9000 battles. 

As the battle starts, he announces that he will not help anyone (literally), and that he will play for damage and to "spot". (note: spotting for him is dropping fighters directly over enemy BB's which die almost instantly)
Since him picking a CV made it guaranteed for his teammates to face a CV, he should at least not intentionally refuse AA. He proceeded to ignore pings/broadcasts for AA, and even went out of his way to deny allies fighters by flying his planes AWAY from their positions, despite them getting spammed by enemy CV. 

1) Is this behaviour acceptable and encouraged by WG?
2) What do you do in battles such as this one? He literally spent entire game farming damage for himself and ended up saving the star. I died trying to cover Yamato with AA (and myself since we got hard spammed.)
3) Do you guys consider this on level with giving away allied positions?

Here is replay link:
https://replayswows.com/replay/119008#stats

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[LEEUW]
Players
2,774 posts
10,382 battles

Had a guy tonight who drove his cv straight into the enemy team from the getgo. Multiple people from my clan and other clans encountered him as well. 

You can report if it makes you feel better, but the best you can hope for is that the dude gets a temporary ban from the game. So you decide if it is worth your time. Otherwise just move on and forget about it. 

• Cool 4

Players
2,672 posts
11,390 battles

I doubt in your case OP, the CV was really behaving in a way unacceptable, as compared to Garrus's.

In yours, the CV was being selfish, but his behavior can be found in all classes, closest i can think of are those DDs that travel along the border to "spot" and go "kill" the enemy CV instead of doing proper spoting. Are they being a [edited]? Probably. Is it against the rules of the game? I doubt so.

Garrus's one the CV is just straight up throwing the game so yeah, against game rules.

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,581 battles

If you think that cv in your game is there so he can provide AA cover for you then ...

Yeah in ranked enviroment its good to provide aa support for valuable targets if you are in the way, but most often its better to kill high value targets.

Now if only the teams were actually cappable to shoot the damn thing that they get spotted rather than plonking for 1k dmg.

Besides I can get him. No matter your stats when you play as a CV you look at minimap/ships placing more often and you can see how your team is basically throwing the game for you and as a CV you will not save your star (wg reduced the base xp long ago so much that your team has to be brain dead to be first on a lost game).

Players
1,486 posts
4,593 battles

People can't really answer this for you, you have to decide if reporting it is worth your time, last week I had a CV bomb his own ship in ranked. I've seen a DD spawn, do a U-turn and glide over the J line border laughing at how we will lose because he's not playing. Ironically, I won both.

Best you can hope for is many people report him and he gets a ban. But he already trolled you once, reporting him takes 10 mins of your day filing a complaint and uploading a replay, to me this feels like I'm letting him troll me twice. I tend to ignore it because people doing this are almost certainly not-very-good and if the other team has one not-very-good player, the match is balanced.

He might also just be drunk, I'm kinda drunk now but I just do lame jokes when I'm drunk.

[CULMY]
Players
4 posts
4,944 battles

This CV is certainly no pleasant teammate, but last week I've met a much worse guy (in silver league of all places).
I was in my Nevsky and went on a flank to delay the enemy push and, if given the opportunity, delay their cap.
Their cap was soon filled with ships - Ohio, Thunderer, Petropavlovsk, you name it. Our caps were no further apart than my spotting range and the enemy CV was keeping me spotted, so I just touched the cap in the very beginning to lure out any daring cap denier and went onto my kiting ways.
The CV then started pinging me to go into the cap. At this point I was getting focused by two or three ships, Ohio having nasty AP with overmatch for my poor deck. I refused to go into the cap with this explanation.
Our CV dropped a few nice words in the chat, said he would suicide if we played this badly and then proceeded in doing so, sailing straight into the enemy team. We got a lot of their ships pretty low, some were sunk. If we had a CV all along, we would be A-OK, pretty sure we would win the match.
What can I say, another one for the blacklist, another report and some TX sealclubbing on random to get rid of the tilt.

Před 35 minutami NikolayKuznetsov řekl/a:

troll me twice.

Especially as the report probably won't achieve anything, maybe mute them for a short period of time.

Před 39 minutami Xaturas řekl/a:

provide AA

Especially against FDR it's very crucial for CVs to at least drop fighters here and there, because almost any ship just melts when graced by FDR's full attention.

Players
1,486 posts
4,593 battles

Thankfully, stuff like this is rare, I remember maybe five cases over the last 1K games. Because you have to be a psychopath to play a video game with the sole purpose of trying to make others miserable. There's not that many psychopaths. I guess in that sense, reporting it may actually be worth it because you'd only be doing it once a month or so.

Players
1,985 posts
8,466 battles

I purposefully stayed in silver league. What a joy, you barely see a CV, you can carry and have fun at the same time. You can play any boat, no try harding is needed. I watched some respectful streamers getting insane while playing in the gold league. Guys, do you really need that extra stress for 100 steel and less than a euro worth of doubloons per week?

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,236 battles
20 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Guys, do you really need that extra stress for 100 steel and less than a euro worth of doubloons per week?

Nope, bronze commando reporting for duty! 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,852 posts
18,502 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Ocsimano18 sagte:

I purposefully stayed in silver league. What a joy, you barely see a CV, you can carry and have fun at the same time. You can play any boat, no try harding is needed. I watched some respectful streamers getting insane while playing in the gold league. Guys, do you really need that extra stress for 100 steel and less than a euro worth of doubloons per week?

After having seen some golden and silver players, I decided to stay bronze as I can find the same quality of gameplay there and grind some tier 8.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,602 posts
13,884 battles

"Selfish" Guy for playing the class as it was intended to be played.

Dear OP : Expecting the CV to go out of the way from his one dimensional Mission of doing continious damage to provide Air Cover is a bit Naive and sad as it is innefective, the more time he can keep planes on top of enemy ships the more effective he gets.

Expecting Carriers to be of any help defending against planes is a bit questionable. But yeah i understand that it is frustrating to play with such guys.

Now excuse me falling back into bed.

tenor.gif

[NECRO]
Players
2,055 posts

Vor 3 Stunden, NikolayKuznetsov sagte:

Because you have to be a psychopath to play a video game with the sole purpose of trying to make others miserable. There's not that many psychopaths.

But those "not that many" CV players are doing nothing else but trying to make others miserable. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
290 posts
10,334 battles
6 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Had a guy tonight who drove his cv straight into the enemy team from the getgo. Multiple people from my clan and other clans encountered him as well. 

Yesterday I saw enemy MVR go straight for the cap and get sunk before even reaching it - maybe the same one? Funny thing is, our DD managed to get himself killed even faster...

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,571 posts
9,434 battles
6 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

You can report if it makes you feel better, but the best you can hope for is that the dude gets a temporary ban from the game. So you decide if it is worth your time. Otherwise just move on and forget about it. 

Yep, I know that one. Played against him, reported him anyway even though I know WG doesn't give a damn thing about these kind of players. 

Players
178 posts
13,394 battles

All DDs sailing to offcap at the start, the only one radar cruiser sailing to offcap at start, CVs not providing fighter cover even after several minutes a continuous enemy CV attack  and request for air cover are just the usual way of ranked nowdays. 
Best was the instance when me in Burgogne were left together with a Stalingrad while a Shima was stalking us. I asked for radar to eliminate the Shima but Stalingrad player calculated that shima would torp me and he would save his star. No radar was activated. In the end I caught and killed the Shima but he managed to damage me enough so Stalingrad plan worked and the son of a **** saved his star.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
850 posts
7 hours ago, Rage_Unchained said:

As the battle starts, he announces that he will not help anyone (literally), and that he will play for damage and to "spot"

Well thats how you play CVs, its a damage race againts the other CV.

Players
34 posts
15,259 battles

Not necessarily, i hat nice matches where a MVR protected my Daring, which defended lonely a cap, against a FDR and a Kleber. What i observed is that there are cvs which defend dds, the dd requires to give the cv a reason of course.

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
8 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

the problem of feeling totally powerless vs. a number of issues in WoWs was solved for me by uninstalling the game

Beta Tester
2,116 posts
5,773 battles

Don't think being bad at a game or experimenting is against the rules. Even exploiting features or options isn't against the rules. Sounds like this player simply doesn't understand how to be effective and needs to be schooled.

Giving away friendly positions is unsportive conduct, unless that player is conducting behaviour that deliberately harms allied players, like rage quiting, team damage or avoiding engagements on purpose to explicitly screw over the team. Someone who avoids engagements to attempt a poor tactic, but still wants to win is probably just poor at the game and shouldn't be reported, but educated about the effectiveness of their strategy. It has worked in some cases, but often times such strategies are logistical nightmares. They'll either learn that through trial and error, don't learn that, or get educated by allies. But there's no malintend there.

Same can be said for the aforementioned CV player. His strategy will backfire on him and this is just part of his learning curve. Yes, it affects your performance. But everyone has those people on their team at times, so in the end it's not a big deal. Just a temporary nuisance.

Players
2,006 posts
19,792 battles

Doesn't sound exactly unusual, after all as I understand it reworked CVs are designed to be a damage farming race. It’s not a good design and does nothing to help the view many have of CV games but that’s exactly how WG wanted it. 

At least he didn’t go full throttle into the middle of the map wanting to die right from the start that’s the standard I have come to expect from CVs, that or attacking their own DDs for not playing as the CV ordered them too. Rather it sounds like you had a bluntly honest CV player, the question is was he good enough. 

[SHAFT]
Players
1,237 posts
25,116 battles

If such incidents occur try sending your replays to customers' support.

• Funny 1

Players
2,449 posts
14 minutes ago, tsounts said:

If such incidents occur try sending your replays to customers' support.

Yeah 'cause it'll give them something to Laugh at over their Pepper Vodka.... Next.

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Players
480 posts
4,423 battles

why is it matter that he is in CV? I ve met this kind of players in all classes of ships, somebody here said it right, its psychopaths,cant explain it other way why they would enjoy doing that.

Players
158 posts
19,558 battles
3 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

You're right, adding that was unnecessary.

4 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

why is it matter that he is in CV? I ve met this kind of players in all classes of ships, somebody here said it right, its psychopaths,cant explain it other way why they would enjoy doing that.

It actually matters because that ship class has overall map effect, while other ships don't (except few BBs with spotter plane, maybe). 
And that ship class also directly affects entire team at once. While CV behaving intentionally against team can have immediate effect, losing any other ship in team can still be compensated.
IF team is forced to group into 6 ships for AA, enemy team wins the map.