You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Legendendear

Development of an WR% tracking program

3 comments in this topic

[BB-4H]
Players
1 post
4,568 battles

Hello all,

my first post here so I hope you'll be gentle and can help me.

I want to write a small little program which keeps track of the WR of all players I face over the course of multiple sessions.
The programm would ideally not count the same player twice, but would update the players WR data.
(maybe I'll include more stats, depending on the difficulties which may arise)

Problem is:
I have 0 knowledge of the fancy API world and my coding skills are also fairly limited.
So any advice/help from an experienced person would be much appreciated

So... Thanks in advance,

Legendendear

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,243 posts
6,912 battles

So you want a tool that detects all the players in your current game, adds them to a list of players you encountered and then show their WR/etc. data? Well, this is possible, you have a few options:

1) An ingame modification that extracts the list of players and then displays their statistics. That is possible but would require you to get into modding and how to store that data between sessions. I would not recommend this approach.

2) Creating an external tool to extract the list of players from your current game and store the data. Tools like Matchmaking Monitor extract this data from the newest replay, that would probably be the easiest solution. You will then have to store that data (something like a sqlite database or maybe even a csv file should be sufficient) and also retrieve the data from the api (which is basically just a HTTP request and then you have to process the json data returned from the api). Extracting the list of players from a replay may sound difficult but it's actually pretty easy: The list of players, the current game mode and map is stored right at the beginning of the file as json. If you can extract that data (should be pretty easy) you can then parse the json to retrieve the player names. With these names you can retrieve their account ID and their statistics from the official Wargaming api. After that you just have to process that data and then store it.

Do you have any programming experience? If you can give more details on the tools you plan to use I can maybe give you some more hints.

[LSCA]
Players
1,506 posts
12,275 battles

there is tool called wows monitor for that if you want track wr, developing code is not that easy than you think but they have also code if you want peek inside