You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

The CV non problem - thread for non-skilled plebs

38 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
1,006 posts
13,300 battles

There's been a lot of talk about the CV problem., including the elitist "plebs need not contribute" thread going on right now.

So, as I am a mere 52% WR mortal, I have to make this is seperate thread. :cap_haloween:

Is it still possible to play DDs today? I say yes. Attached, exhibit A: a 4 CV T8 game where I sank the radar DD Orkan as well as one of the opposing CVs, shooting down 20 planes in the process. Yes, I died in the end (last to survive) because my team melted. No, the red CVs were not unicums. Yes, this is a good game, and sometimes things don't go quite as well. But a well played DD (driven by a non-Unicum player :cap_wander:) can do well in the face of CVs and radar.

shot-21.01.05_12.42.51-0796.jpg

shot-21.01.05_12.42.57-0245.jpg

shot-21.01.05_12.43.10-0116.jpg

20210105_122300_PBSD108-Lightning_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

• Cool 7
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[MIAO]
Players
1,670 posts
7,764 battles
6 minuti fa, Camperdown ha scritto:

There's been a lot of talk about the CV problem., including the elitist "plebs need not contribute" thread going on right now.

So, as I am a mere 52% WR mortal, I have to make this is seperate thread. :cap_haloween:

Is it still possible to play DDs today? I say yes. Attached, exhibit A: a 4 CV T8 game where I sank the radar DD Orkan as well as one of the opposing CVs, shooting down 20 planes in the process. Yes, I died in the end (last to survive) because my team melted. No, the red CVs were not unicums. Yes, this is a good game, and sometimes things don't go quite as well. But a well played DD (driven by a non-Unicum player :cap_wander:) can do well in the face of CVs and radar.

if i commanded the cv i would have wiped out everyone.

Kind regards,

TheCvThatTheMomentWillMeetYouWillSinkYou.

• Funny 4

[THIR]
Players
932 posts
4,509 battles

Do you really want to showcase a match where you got sunk by a CV that has no HE armaments and lost to prove that DDs are still viable?

The only reason why DDs are not completely dead (yet) is that CV players are awful on average. The class is called airborne wheelchair for a reason.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[LUZ1]
Players
1,006 posts
13,300 battles
2 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

if i commanded the cv i would have wiped out everyone.

Kind regards,

TheCvThatTheMomentWillMeetYouWillSinkYou.

Sorry, you need to post in the other thread :cap_haloween:

• Funny 5

[MIAO]
Players
1,670 posts
7,764 battles
Proprio ora, Camperdown ha scritto:

Sorry, you need to post in the other thread :cap_haloween:

got that sir

• Funny 3

Players
761 posts
10,998 battles
20 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

I say yes.

Using one game as an example, clearly this is beyond refutation... and Georgia was won by Trump by over a hundred million votes.

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
2,026 posts
Vor 32 Minuten, Starchy_Tuber sagte:

Using one game as an example, clearly this is beyond refutation... and Georgia was won by Trump by over a hundred million votes.

So he will replace Salome Zourabichvili as president of Georgia?

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,006 posts
13,300 battles
35 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Both very true :Smile_trollface:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,827 posts
25,528 battles
38 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

butbut... 1 game totally IS ngh to draw any conclusion > I < want to draw!11!!!1!! while, u'know, i won that match posted, won it BIG TIME! GOT 7 KILLS, ALL ON MY OWN!!!11!1!1!!! that's a clear photoshop there, even shopped me out of the MM, that #FAKENEWS peasant. i have the screenshot and the replay, will be released soon, stay tuned!!!11!1!!

tenor.gif

• Funny 3

Players
1,198 posts
21,837 battles

Im a mere mortal scrublord in a heal-Kiew (stats attatched). 

Yet a Midway whacked me pretty much in spawn, while I had no chance to do any dmg at all (replay attached). 

The point is: Skillgap between CVs hasnt much changed between pre- and rework. The bad are a nuisance while the good might be even a bit stronger then before due to plane regeneration.  

Also, its not about (un-)playability of a class, its about CVs breaking the spotting mechanic and not risking their hull (which is borderline OP at T10 too) at all while doing dmg. 

kiew.jpg

20210102_223909_PRSD308-Pr-48_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

So, where dear OP, is your point?

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
173 posts
2,397 battles

I dont have problem if CV bombing me, when I am only ship alone somewhere. Thats the point of CV.

I have problem, if CV can drop accurate bombs while 3 other BBs with good AA are shooting at planes. Or I have problem, when I have selected reinforced AA side, poped up AA defense and yet, I still getting blasted twice by CV. And CV dont even care about my AA defense.

• Cool 5

[SPURD]
Players
747 posts
5,667 battles

Of course DD have a place, somebody need to spot while the manfriends are trying to snipe each other.

• Funny 1

Players
453 posts
2,441 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

[Snip]

You... you can't go posting filth like that around here... I... I mean what about the Anti-CV narrative?

How dare you undercut that good sir! What type of WarGaming shill are you!

I mean, showing an image of a DD Captain that "Gut Gud" in... in a... (throws up in mouth a little) F.f.f.four (shudders) CV match... it's just not right.

Think of the impressionable potatoes. You might give them the idea that they too could "Git Gud" Oh the horror!

Shame on you Camperdown, shame (shaming finger of shame intensifies) 

Shame On GIF | Gfycat

...........................................................................................

In all honesty though nice one in that match, shame it wasn't a win. Although having a Graf Zeppelin on your side probably didn't help (That thing needs love).

• Funny 3

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles

7k battles 52% so I am legit

I don´t play CV:s

To me, CV damage is ok, could even be higher if someone misplayed badly and needed punishing, to me that is not the problem

Big issue is the map size 

CV:s can reach any corner of the map in a matter of seconds and provide spotting, focus fire and direct damage (with no consequence to their own health pool)

Would be nice if good AA meant some sort of denial but no, that would mean CV players would need to have real skill  

WG have tried to fit in CV:S in pint size maps, bit like formula 1 racing on an indoors go-cart track

(It just doesn´t work)

That is my tuppence and so I don´t play CV:s

[OLEUM]
Players
112 posts
11,887 battles

There needs to be a limit on distance from CV planes can fly. Shells have a max distance so should planes....want to fly your planes further then you need to risk your hulls paint job.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,736 posts

Finally an inclusive thread! :cap_like:

As a pleb, here's my general two cents on the subjects. I don't mind the CV's per se (useful expression please learn it), they have a place in the high tier battles if we remember how WW2 used to have 'carrier battles'. Conversely, they should be severely limited in the lower tier battles. I understand it's difficult to balance something potentially so powerful, because the game needs to stay playable and worthwhile not only for the non-CV ships and the CV's themselves.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
362 posts
4,398 battles

The conclusion I drew from this is that Lightning needs nerfed, then. Can't have DD peasants having any chance whatsoever against their supreme CV overlords.

• Funny 7

Players
1,468 posts
4,546 battles

How about at least start with corrections so that truly unplayable games no longer exist. You ever play a T6 DD as the only DD in a match with a T6 and a T8 CV on both teams? You basically spawn dead, your ship might as well self-detonate in spawn. I don't care who you are or who your opinions are. The best Fubuki player ever will die when he's the only DD facing an above average ryujo and kaga.

Or how about my 5 o clock in the morning game last week, matchmaker gave me a 6v6 : 2 CVs and 4 DDs on both teams. I was one of the DDs, I killed all four enemy DDs in five minutes. My mission then was beating two carriers in a DD, that's not even theoretically possible. I tried sailing into my own torpedoes but quickly found the math isn't quite there to do this.

• Cool 6

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,568 posts
9,398 battles
5 hours ago, Camperdown said:

serious discussion'. | Funny gif, Futurama, Best funny pictures

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester
149 posts
4 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Of course DD have a place, somebody need to spot while the manfriends are trying to snipe each other.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA Manfriends trying to snipe each other... thats a good one 

most of the time i see CV's just in a race to see who can farm the most damage, almost gone are the days of trying to snipe the enemy CV in the opening of the match 

[SPURD]
Players
747 posts
5,667 battles
2 minutes ago, lilgoth said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA Manfriends trying to snipe each other... thats a good one 

most of the time i see CV's just in a race to see who can farm the most damage, almost gone are the days of trying to snipe the enemy CV in the opening of the match 

It's not like it's every match, just every four matches. They care so little about AA and do so much damage to each other it's often that the first manfriend to start trying to kill the other wins :D

• Cool 1

Players
1,468 posts
4,546 battles
24 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

This forum is turning into a circus.

No, what are you talking about, it's been a great day, so much going on.

-We got a "Moderators, i'll find anyone with less than 60% winrate, please ban them for me" topic.

-And we got this, a pointless (but wholesome!) blue collar alternative to that topic.

-And we got Humorpalanta, as per usual, desperately attempting to randomly inject his dislike for Donald Trump into topics about digital battleships, won't somebody PLEASE talk about the donald? Here's a picture of Trump, he's bad and he's orange and also very bad, but mostly orange.
-We need BeastOfWar back, I want another topic about how dodging torpedoes is cheating and should be against game rules, where is that guy?

God I love this place

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,645 battles
16 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

We need BeastOfWar back,

Forum was a better place with him. He was the only Speshul. 

Now that he is gone everyone is trying to aquire that Titel and now it's a carnival. 

Players
1,468 posts
4,546 battles
10 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Forum was a better place with him. He was the only Speshul. 

Now that he is gone everyone is trying to aquire that Titel and now it's a carnival. 

I got $10 on the donald trump guy, it's hilarious. "Hey guys, is Baltimore a good ship? Also here's a picture of Donald Trump, please tell me you also hate him, he's smelly and stinky and orange and bad"

• Boring 1