Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mikey626

The most "accurate" DD ranked tier list ever made

53 comments in this topic

[ATRA]
Players
17 posts
5,616 battles

Come see come all,

Sit around the camp fire and let papa teach you a thing or two about ranked from the perspective of someone who doesn't really play it. Bear witness to the depths of the abyss and let the sheer idiocy that is my mind flow through you.

I'm sorry you had to read that, here is a semi satire tier list for ranked DD's in tier 9 and 10. Feel free to modify and add your own to it or create new, it literally took me 2 minutes to make.

image.thumb.png.b4330376f1b015d8bcb70a88f77b424a.png

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
4,112 posts
23,043 battles

Look at me, I am the Cruiser now. :cat_cool:

• Funny 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,208 battles

When you see all the awesome Khaba memes but when you finally get it the ship is just in group E...

12g3d2.jpg?a446832

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
7,548 posts
16,172 battles
11 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

When you see all the awesome Khaba memes but when you finally get it the ship is just in group E...

Khaba was one of my more recently unlocked T10s; luckily, being an avid reader of the forum, I was expecting her to be dreadful and I was not disappointed...!

(To be fair, she's useful to have around for doing missions in Coop.)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
1,386 posts
22,163 battles

Although I more or less agree regarding the DDs I own, I miss on the list having certain ships split according to consumable choice, i.e. Yugumo and the Russians that can play either with or without smoke.

Salute.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I disagree with a lot on this chart, Grozovoi and Kitakaze don't belong in C category with Yueyang, Yueyang is garbage-tier. Grozovoi is a B for me, Kitakaze is S. I'd probably put legendary mod grozovoi in the S category too.

If you play IFHE/AFT/Rangemod kitakaze to smoke up and farm BBs, then sure, it's a C. If you build kitakaze for short range DPM and use it to rush down and melt DDs, it's an animal, no DD can beat kitakaze in a clean 1v1, win that 1v1 and you're halfway there for winning the game because the enemy team is now blind. Legendary mod grozovoi outguns and outruns almost everything, has competitive concealment, usable torpedoes, the best shell arcs of any destroyer in the game and all the consumables. Very underrated ship because it's so versatile. When two DDs bump into eachother and kite away from eachother as is often the case, Grozovoi can't be beaten, it's just so easy to keep landing those shells, as the distance increases, your opponents effective damage output goes down, yours does not change. Khaba could beat it in theory (barely) but you kill Khaba by just looking at it and watching the shells fly in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Z-52 rated higher than Grozo, Kita and Shima? kek

Halland is an excellent ship but no smoke or radar means it can't be S tier.

I do agree with Smaland being in a league of its own, I'll never understand that ship, they beat yueyang to death with the nerfhammer because it can slot radar, meanwhile Smaland has radar and is better than Yueyang ever was by any metric.

All of this is also situational, in a CV game, I'd rate both jutland and daring as top picks because they can spam smoke.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
809 posts

I would probably up the Daring.

It has tonnes of tools, really good guns and torpedoes that reload relatively quick.

Benham is.... in my opinion.... just a torpedo DD like any other.... one trick pony you may, or may not, have a good game in.

But I like DD's that can be aggresive towards other DD's (Daring), and at the same time against Cruisers and Battleships (Daring).

• Cool 3

Players
3,229 posts
19,214 battles

Statistically by Winrate

- Best DD is Småland 

- 2nd best DDs are Black, Benham, Neustrashimi and Yolo Emilio (:cap_haloween:)

- 3rd best DDs are Daring followed by Kleber

Nothing else has > 54% winrate. Also:

- Kitakaze is tier A with 53% winrate along with Marceau, right after the above mentioned DDs

- Halland is trash tier with 49% winrate

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
4 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

I think that's partly because potato DD players prefer Halland, you know, DD players that don't know they have guns. So often you see Hallands trying to torpedo one and thesame BB for 20 mins without ever landing torps because if the BB has priority target and/or a functional pre-frontal cortex, he'll just play his match, ignore the Halland and change course frequently. DDs like black, Smaland, daring etc tend to get stuck in and actually do their job, get the enemy DDs killed.

I've had BB games where a single Halland was trying to land torps on me for 20 mins, he was never spotted, I didn't care he was there, nobody cared. Just hitting the A and D keys every 45 seconds renders them entirely useless if they're played like this, he barely even affected my match.

Please DD players

1) Your ship has guns, use them
2) If a battleship knows you're there and knows what he's doing, you're not going to land torpedoes, if he dodged your first set, he'll dodge your next 9 sets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go be useful somewhere else

Halland being played properly is actually a big threat

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,548 posts
16,172 battles
15 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Halland is trash tier with 49% winrate

Besides what @NikolayKuznetsov said, Halland also has this reputation for being about the only DD that can stand against a CV; regardless of how erroneous that idea may be against a good CV driver, she's an obvious pick for players who are concerned about CVs, regardless of whether they can actually play her or not.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
825 posts
3,938 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I think that's partly because potato DD players prefer Halland, you know, DD players that don't know they have guns. So often you see Hallands trying to torpedo one and thesame BB for 20 mins without ever landing torps because if the BB has priority target and/or a functional pre-frontal cortex, he'll just play his match, ignore the Halland and change course frequently. DDs like black, Smaland, daring etc tend to get stuck in and actually do their job, get the enemy DDs killed.

To be fair, the ship really encourages torpedo use, and while the guns are ok, they are just that - ok.
Granted I haven't played mine more than a couple of battles, but engaging an enemy DD near the cap is risky when you have ok guns and no smoke or other gimmick to disengage.
Whereas Småland has that combination of radar and 30% speed boost, as well as much better guns to actually win (and sometimes outright sink) the enemy DD during that brief encounter - the toolkit encourages doing just that.
Personally I'd be very wary of trying to enter a cap or engage the enemy DD early in a Halland, especially when he's unspotted and I know that he either outspots or outguns me.
Not saying it can't be done, but there is an inherent risk in doing so that many other DDs don't have to consider to the same extent, so Hallands are better off doing those sorts of stunts later on, which reduces early game impact.

I've ran into Hallands early on in both Daring and Småland, which were eager to use their guns.
While they do hurt, the trades are nearly always in my favour (not surprisingly), and it often forces the guy away or outright sinks him if he persists.

All things considered, these factors reduce the level of impact Halland has early on and thus somewhat the WR (esp. compared to Småland and Daring, even a cleverly played Shima with its detection threat), at least if you intend to play somewhat conservatively (solo) and don't have good division mates backing you up.

• Cool 1

Players
3,229 posts
19,214 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I think that's partly because potato DD players prefer Halland, you know, DD players that don't know they have guns.

Halland being played properly is actually a big threat

1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Besides what @NikolayKuznetsov said, Halland also has this reputation for being about the only DD that can stand against a CV; regardless of how erroneous that idea may be against a good CV driver, she's an obvious pick for players who are concerned about CVs, regardless of whether they can actually play her or not.

Not sure if I stepped on sore toes - I only pointed out statistics.

Agree Halland has probably been taken over by the zombies who used to play Shima.

The same ones who smoke up in caps broadside on in front of [insert random radar cruiser] while unspotted.

I even made that argument based on statistics in an older thread.

That said, I think Halland as quite overrated and too reliant on enemy mistakes. Even without the shima-crowd, I would expect it to do poorly in Ranked because it has trouble fighting most DDs straight up.

Sure it's a threat to BBs. But to DDs?

It's free food pretty much regardless what gunboat DD it faces as long as that gunboat either out-DPMs it (Småland, Kleber, Marceau) or mounts smoke (Daring, Z52, Grozovoi, Harugumo, even Gearing if anybody still plays that).

This doesnt just hold true for tier X boats. Things like Cossack, Akizuki and Lightning and their T9 successors also wipe the floor with Hallands as long as they can set up a situation where halland is spotted by gunbloom.

That leaves defensive positions and random torpedo spam as options for Halland which...doesn't win games. It doesnt even have Shimas concealment to play with.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,548 posts
16,172 battles
20 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

No sore toes here - no worries!

22 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

That said, I think Halland as quite overrated and too reliant on enemy mistakes. Even without the shima-crowd, I would expect it to do poorly in Ranked because it has trouble fighting most DDs straight up.

My feeling is that Halland is very good, but she wasn't my first choice for Ranked because mine has a more 'generalist' build i.e. she's fairly balanced between torps and dakka, whereas my Smaland leans more heavily towards the latter (I believe the basic guns are the same). Smaland is much less good against fatties than Halland (even more anaemic torps), but in Ranked, obliterating the enemy DDs is more likely to result in a win than knocking chunks off said fatties. Also, the engine boost on Smaland is notably better than on Halland; even though it doesn't run for long, that can save you often enough to be helpful.

Combine all that with the fact that - probably - a rather wider range of skill-set players have Halland, and the stats make absolute sense. I suspect a good player may be able to wreak more havoc with a Smaland too, thanks to the radar, which may have an impact (sadly, I'm not a good player though)...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,548 posts
16,172 battles

Addendum: long may Halland be played by the mightily tuberous - it reduces the chances of one of my favourite ships getting nerfed!

• Funny 1

Players
3,229 posts
19,214 battles
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

No sore toes here - no worries!

My feeling is that Halland is very good, but she wasn't my first choice for Ranked because mine has a more 'generalist' build i.e. she's fairly balanced between torps and dakka, whereas my Smaland leans more heavily towards the latter (I believe the basic guns are the same). Smaland is much less good against fatties than Halland (even more anaemic torps), but in Ranked, obliterating the enemy DDs is more likely to result in a win than knocking chunks off said fatties. Also, the engine boost on Smaland is notably better than on Halland; even though it doesn't run for long, that can save you often enough to be helpful.

Absolutely true. 

The basic guns are the same except Småland gets a base 1,7s reload to Halland 2s reload and is somewhat harder to hit thanks to speedboost.

7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Combine all that with the fact that - probably - a rather wider range of skill-set players have Halland, and the stats make absolute sense. I suspect a good player may be able to wreak more havoc with a Smaland too, thanks to the radar, which may have an impact (sadly, I'm not a good player though)...

Long may the zombies keep it safe for you :cap_like:Personally I'm grateful WG held off nerfing the Kitakaze for so long too!

• Cool 1

[LICON]
Players
104 posts
12 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Statistically by Winrate

- Best DD is Småland 

- Kitakaze is tier A with 53% winrate along with Marceau, right after the above mentioned DDs

If you think global winrate translates to “best ship”.... It’s not even usable as an indicator. Not going to explain the ins and outs but you might want to consider how popular a ship is (drags it towards 50%) and who plays it (requires massive free xp, steal or coal = not played by many inexperienced players). 

• Cool 2

Players
4,902 posts
21,369 battles

I though I did equally mediocre in both Daring and Z52 in ranked silver, but as it turns out my 13 pnt Daring was carrying my 19 pnt Z52 to victory. :Smile_facepalm: (I apologise to all teams I was using the Z in)

A carrier player screamed at me in frustration: 'how many smokes does that C***er ship have???'. A carrier calling my DD the C-word, I have arrived finally. What's even more funny is that I was actually using the smoke left behind by his team mate Sommers that I just killed, to avoid his carriers puny strikes. :Smile_trollface:

image.thumb.png.a9bef00a4b5c40fef0ab8cc5b66a5c28.png

PS: My Daring holds no respect for either Hallands nor Smallands.  :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
3,274 posts
24,001 battles

Seriously is there any point in bringing a Tier IX when you are allowed to bring a Tier X, and have at least a 50:50 chance of coming up against a Tier X CV?!

WG could have botched the new format harder if they really tried, but not by much.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,140 posts
19,859 battles

Dunno about Friesland being rated this high. Yes it can farm damage like crazy in certain situations, however it can't do frak on its own. Usually can't do a single point of damage without a spotter, can't push a cap versus any decent DD player due to bad camo and can't deter any half-hearted enemy push because the lack of torps. If you somehow get pushed in the open by ships with no access to a long range hydro or radar all the while having a spotter, good for you.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
825 posts
3,938 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

I though I did equally mediocre in both Daring and Z52 in ranked silver, but as it turns out my 13 pnt Daring was carrying my 19 pnt Z52 to victory. :Smile_facepalm: (I apologise to all teams I was using the Z in)

A carrier player screamed at me in frustration: 'how many smokes does that C***er ship have???'. A carrier calling my DD the C-word, I have arrived finally. What's even more funny is that I was actually using the smoke left behind by his team mate Sommers that I just killed, to avoid his carriers puny strikes. :Smile_trollface:

PS: My Daring holds no respect for either Hallands nor Smallands.  :fish_cute_2:

My experience as well. I had some success with Småland, but after looking through the history, Daring seems to be in a league of its own. 62% solo WR in randoms, 75% at one point in ranked. While I can't do much to carriers, they similarly can't do much to me. Had a game vs a 65% Midway where he harassed me the whole game, but I still secured the cap in that chain smoke and essentially stopped him from being useful as well as he flew above. Wasting a CVs time like that seems to influence the WR quite well.

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
415 posts
21,736 battles
15 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Statistically by Winrate

- Best DD is Småland 

WR for camparison of ship quality - It is not statistic, but very bad game with completely noncomparable numbers. If you count which players have (had) Black and Neustra couple weeks ago (behind steel wall), the real quality of these ships is completely shifted. Now, Black is only good DD in comparison with Smalland, Halland, Kita or Daring. These WR-numbers are [edited] for comparing of quality of ships, because are heavily influenced by number of battles, number and quality of players (really good silver ships are massively accessible to all and played by horrible amount of bad players - viz Gearing or Halland which are great ships if properly sailed and equipped), common accessibility of ships (steel, free-exp, coal or RP wall), et cetera et cetera. The whole Mikey626 table is nonsense non plus ultra.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
14 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Agree Halland has probably been taken over by the zombies who used to play Shima.

No sore toes, I don't even have Halland (yet) - I'm just saying the ship is more capable than winrate would imply. Same goes for Shima. DD players that don't do their job and just "go wide" and fail-torpedo the same BB for 20 mins really pull down the average. My toes are fine and you're not disagreeing with me so all is well

• Cool 2

[CORNG]
Players
2,162 posts
18,267 battles
1 hour ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Seriously is there any point in bringing a Tier IX when you are allowed to bring a Tier X, and have at least a 50:50 chance of coming up against a Tier X CV?!

Getting snow flakes or grinding the line while sitting on a safe rank :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this