You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Harry__Kane

Unique commanders before rework.

13 comments in this topic

[SPACE]
Players
2 posts
3,657 battles

Does it make any sense to buy unique commanders for coal/dubs right now? How does the incoming rework affect their skills/abilities/talents?

Harry

• Cool 1

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles

No, they aren't worth it. We need a discount coupons for captains like we have for the ships/signals. 

[NECRO]
Players
1,951 posts

The "rework" data is by no means final and may (and probably will) be "adjusted" repeatedly until WG has made enough profit and sewn enough chaos and dismay. I would not base any of your decision on the currently provided data and hopes for its longevity.

[SPACE]
Players
2 posts
3,657 battles
22 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

No, they aren't worth it. We need a discount coupons for captains like we have for the ships/signals. 

I tend to disagree. IMO better skill bonuses from coal captains (35K coal only) are worth byuing. The question though is, are they gonna last and how will they be affected by the incoming rework.

Harry

[JRM]
Players
7,199 posts

They prob arent, that said I did get myself the Kuznetsov after all because the reworked skills make my Znamensky brothers pretty much useless and the perks and not improved skills are the important part now anyway...

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,865 posts
21,648 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Znamensky brothers

Those two will require a complete rework. As it stands now after the new skill system hits live they will turn into standard captains with no bonuses.

[UNNF]
Players
180 posts
15,367 battles

Let me show you graphically how it will be :cap_cool:

Unique commander Captain Duck ( before ) Captain Allister by PeterPrime on deviantART | Armor concept, Sci fi armor,  Sci fi concept art

Unique commander Captain Duck ( after ) Captain Duck (@DuckCaptain) | Twitter

• Funny 5

[UNNF]
Players
180 posts
15,367 battles

Or let me give you another example son :cap_cool:

1. Unique commander Captain Vodka ( before ) Super Captain Vodka Costume One Size: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

2. Unique commander Captain Vodka ( after ) :  Homeless drinkers could be given booze 'on prescription' under new scheme  to help addicts

• Funny 4

Players
972 posts

Not advice just a personal  opinion but I'd hang on to see what this Brain Fart entails, , I :etc_swear:ed  up and bought Flint  and it's so going to Nerf it to death and WG think that's fair, So they won't be worried about messing anything up they don't work that way anymore as I said imo.

[IBAN]
Players
163 posts
4,424 battles

IMO the following commanders are worth it for certain ships as even small advantages can me a difference over time. However, I would defiantly wait for the rework to have settled before buying one.

Luigi Sansonetti

I bought him to Captain my Roma and the Triumphant Haul Trait is super useful as it increases (one time only) your firing range by 8% when you sink a ship (Roma has a short Main Battery Range).

Nikolay Kuznetsov

I bought him to Captain my Okhotnik and the Will to Victory trait is amazing for DDs! This has won me knife fights that I had no right to sail away from. I am saving for the Neustrashimy and I will use him in that too.

I will buy Andrew Cunningham next (after I buy Neustrashimy) as I would like him to Captain my Nelson and the The Consumables Expert trait will be hilarious to use in it (another ZOMBIE heal after sinking 2 ships).

* I have other unique commanders, but the above are the ones worth motioning IMO.

Hope this helps, and this is just IMO.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
9,375 battles

WG will defo do smth for them in near future :Smile_trollface: I have a full trust... NOT!

[NECRO]
Players
1,951 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, _DeathWing_ sagte:

WG will defo do smth for them in near future :Smile_trollface: I have a full trust... NOT!

Like offering a rollback to the moment when you purchased them? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
1,431 posts
16,874 battles
Am 4.1.2021 um 07:34, Harry__Kane sagte:

Does it make any sense to buy unique commanders for coal/dubs right now? How does the incoming rework affect their skills/abilities/talents?

Harry

Depends on which captains we are talking about. 

Given what I have seen on PTS and assuming that WG will only tinker with the system by changing the percentages of what skills will do instead of changing whole skills, there are some potential winners and losers. 

IJN and USA are pretty much unchanged, the skills don't change all that much. 

Same goes for Pan Asia, Europe and France. Sure, AR got bumped up in price but it works the same + minor AA buff. 

Italy gets a slight boost with torpedo accel being cheaper and not losing range. So while the gain is less than before on venezia due to it being a percentage bonus instead of a flat one, your range doesn't drop below your concealment value. 

For Germany Lütjens is still good and the Jütland dudes are still crap, nothing changed basically. 

The two big losers are Russia and UK. Esp. in regards to clan battles, where you don't get any mileage out of the special talents of unique commanders.