Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mannxy

Karma Karma Karma!

25 comments in this topic

[U-571]
Players
7 posts
11,138 battles

Wargaming, please please please get rid of the ability to give Karma during the game. I am fed up of getting neg Karma in a game just because a team member(usually sunk) decides that you are not doing your bit or in the wrong position etc, and you end up having a great game, sometimes winning it for the team....too late Joe Potato has already decided you weren't doing your bit and marked you down.

Please at least try it and see how it goes, you can always change it back!

Thank you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,581 battles

0 karma best karma.

And I run out of my reports to fast, love doing the -1 on them [edited] in my games.

• Cool 2

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,553 posts
9,375 battles

Karma? What is that?

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,818 posts
15,115 battles
5 minutes ago, Mannxy said:

Wargaming, please please please get rid of the ability to give Karma during the game. I am fed up of getting neg Karma in a game just because a team member(usually sunk) decides that you are not doing your bit or in the wrong position etc, and you end up having a great game, sometimes winning it for the team....too late Joe Potato has already decided you weren't doing your bit and marked you down.

Thank you.

Why do you not just ignore Karma?

• Cool 3

[U-571]
Players
7 posts
11,138 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Why do you not just ignore Karma?

I know I should!

Beta Tester
5,406 posts
21,848 battles

..Karma, karma chameleon..

you come and go, you come and go..

playing would be easy if your colours were like my dreams

pink, red and green, pink, red and green...

scnr :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13

[IBAN]
Players
163 posts
4,421 battles

WOWS is not a popularity contest so don't worry :) To counter this for others in your situation, just make sure you give out all your + Karma points each day and then you can get some satisfaction that you are doing something good. 

Or

You could try what I did one day .. I got bored of campers and therefore I warned people in chat that if they camped and did not contribute then I would torp / shoot them (which I did).. I've only ever done this once (its not really liek me to get annoyed at a game) and only shot my own team in 3/4 games that day  .. but I ended up with lots of + karma and I was surprised at that lol 

• Funny 2

[2DQT]
Players
403 posts
4 hours ago, Mannxy said:

Thank you.

Unless there is a special boat that you can get for 7000 karma (in the spirit of WG grinds) I wouldnt look at your karma.

Beta Tester
5,406 posts
21,848 battles
2 hours ago, ___Moose___ said:

I tried to exchange my karma in the armory for a boaty, it did not work 

It might work the other around.

State publicly and at the start of each battle in open chat that You got cured of playing CVs and see the +1's rolling in... maybe... or not... :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Players
170 posts
4,200 battles

Oh yes I just got "reported" for "doing nothing" for the whole match and then ended up top in the team. Reporter was super salty. I'm still laughing. Poor thing is having a bad day I guess

Players
2,367 posts
14,337 battles

It's pretty simple - if you have 0 just ignore it, if you have hundreds embrace it.  :cap_haloween:

I am happy that I have relatively high number - it means I can give more reports to useless :etc_swear:s.

That is the only positive side of positive karma- higher number -  more reports available.

Still often I am out after 3 games.

Oh, also in case of collision chat will say that player with lower karma does the damage to the other teammate with higher number.

Anyway others can't see it unless using MMMonitor.

[-WHO-]
Players
108 posts
8,363 battles

Run mm and u will see that 95% have 0/2 karma, a 4.9% have under 10 and some unicums have +100. So the karma system isn't working just another toxic feature in a game that's already looks like a UFC arena in the chat

[SINT]
Players
45 posts
6,507 battles

Is Karma still working? I mean technically. I have been stuck on my 20 points since start of December and I have done enough acts ( like “efficient farming” requirements in coop) and telling other players that they are playing “subefficient” that normally makes my Karma go down... Maybe other players were in Xmas mood?

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
167 posts
2,381 battles

one day I found out, that I had 2 karma ! Do not worry, it went back to 0 in next ranked battle

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,733 posts
10,363 battles
7 hours ago, raz207 said:

Run mm and u will see that 95% have 0/2 karma, a 4.9% have under 10 and some unicums have +100. So the karma system isn't working just another toxic feature in a game that's already looks like a UFC arena in the chat

Yet "UnIcUmS aRe tOxIc". :cap_book:

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,431 posts
7,069 battles
27 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Yet "UnIcUmS aRe tOxIc". :cap_book:

The reason I keep my PR low :Smile_hiding:

Remove karma and give the #1 player on the winning team 100 steel and on the losing team 50 steel :Smile_glasses:

Players
110 posts
5,492 battles

Have no problem gaining tons of karma and i am not exactly a unicum. Just dont flame your team to death every game (have had my fair share of chatbans) and actually try to communicate and carry from time to time and karma will roll in

[WAS]
Players
11 posts
12,636 battles
4 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

Have no problem gaining tons of karma and i am not exactly a unicum. Just dont flame your team to death every game (have had my fair share of chatbans) and actually try to communicate and carry from time to time and karma will roll in

maybe in coops:cap_wander:

Players
1,987 posts
19,718 battles

Karma really isnt worth worrying about, you can stockpile as much as you like but other than getting a few more compliments/ reports (and that only happens at I think 100 karma) it’s worthless you don’t get anything for it. 

Anyway we all get reported by sensitive souls who object to being killed it drops down one or two points then goes back up the next day it’s pointless to worry about. 

Sign in to follow this