Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Perekotypole

New win condition

25 comments in this topic

Players
511 posts
8,203 battles

There should be a new win condition. If a team loses all ships except CV, it loses the match. Every CV game one team loses all surface ships, and then the other team spends another two or three minutes looking for CV, really annoying. I understand this would deny CVs ever getting lone warrior achievement, but they shouldn't be elegible for it in a first place. Also shorter matches, even if it's by dozen seconds on average, would improve quality of MM. So everybody benefits here, even WG.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
1 minute ago, Xaturas said:

In coop yes, in randoms no.

If a CoOp team needs several minutes to destroy the lone surviving bot CV they deserve the punishment of having to play it to the bitter end.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,612 battles
18 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

If a CoOp team needs several minutes to destroy the lone surviving bot CV they deserve the punishment of having to play it to the bitter end.

If you would spend same amount of time you spend writing and actually thought about it, you would get it.

But let me humour you.

5 minutes killing all rushing bots

2-5 more minutes searching for the CV doing circles close to the map border.

Coop is used as time effective farming method and cv get in the way of that, hence wg would never do it anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,088 posts
7,459 battles
16 minutes ago, Xaturas said:

In coop yes, in randoms no.

People complain about MM, ROFL-stomps and the impact of CV's on the Randoms game.

Apparently, on one of the official streams, the developers were asked how they determine the quality of matches, brought on by complaints about ROFL-stomps. The devs - who seemed to be caught out by the question - were asked about how they measure the quality of matches. And they replied that (one of the) most important indicator(s) was the length of the matches. 

Here CV's are definitely a problem, as the 'looking for the enemy CV' adds many minutes to a randoms game that is pretty much completely over already. It completely hides the ubiquitous ROFL-stomps. And according to WG data collection: Game lasts longer = NO ROFL-stomp.

So your position is actually what we as a community do NOT need if we want WG use its collected data to get MM fixed and see a decrease in the number of ROFL-stomps.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
7 minutes ago, Xaturas said:

If you would spend same amount of time you spend writing and actually thought about it, you would get it.

But let me humour you.

5 minutes killing all rushing bots

2-5 more minutes searching for the CV doing circles close to the map border.

Coop is used as time effective farming method and cv get in the way of that, hence wg would never do it anyway.

I play during day time and post in the evening, while watching TV with my wife.. So... I probably spend a lot more time in game than You. And have, if You compare the amount of battles You and I played...

But let me humour You:

CoOp has never been a time effective exp farming for me (and many other players) as it is just to f*cking boring to go after those poor helpless bots.

And a team that has to spend 2-5 more minutes to find and destroy the bot CV it is a bunch of useless potatoes and deserves to spend that extra minutes.

Have a nice life...

5 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

People complain about MM, ROFL-stomps and the impact of CV's on the Randoms game.

Apparently, on one of the official streams, the developers were asked how they determine the quality of matches, brought on by complaints about ROFL-stomps. The devs - who seemed to be caught out by the question - were asked about how they measure the quality of matches. And they replied that (one of the) most important indicator(s) was the length of the matches. 

Here CV's are definitely a problem, as the 'looking for the enemy CV' adds many minutes to a randoms game that is pretty much completely over already. It completely hides the ubiquitous ROFL-stomps. And according to WG data collection: Game lasts longer = NO ROFL-stomp.

So your position is actually what we as a community do NOT need if we want WG use its collected data to get MM fixed and see a decrease in the number of ROFL-stomps.

This I would support, except for it being a fruitless task to get WG to change their mindset about their Holey Grail - The Spreadshiet...

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,612 battles
Am 3.1.2021 um 21:31, Deckeru_Maiku sagte:

CoOp has never been a time effective exp farming for me (and many other players) as it is just to f*cking boring to go after those poor helpless bots.

Who says anything about exp farming?

2 first rounds of dailies - faster in coop 250 and 500 base xp.

Stupid WG event flavour of the week do 100 of this and 20 of thats.

And looking at your stats mate I would hold my horses calling people useles potatoes when most of your played ships are *edit*

(sorry for bringing stats but seriously you are not some super unicum to say others are bad especially when you play those ships and farm lowbies)

removed .Name and Shame

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

Erm no. What if he can actually win because his team has a large enough point gap?

Oh and why not when the enemy team only has a DD left?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
32,534 posts
16,293 battles
1 hour ago, Perekotypole said:

There should be a new win condition. If a team loses all ships except CV, it loses the match. Every CV game one team loses all surface ships, and then the other team spends another two or three minutes looking for CV, really annoying. I understand this would deny CVs ever getting lone warrior achievement, but they shouldn't be elegible for it in a first place. Also shorter matches, even if it's by dozen seconds on average, would improve quality of MM. So everybody benefits here, even WG.

It is really that hard to look where the enemy planes come from?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
8 minutes ago, Xaturas said:

And looking at your stats mate I would hold my horses calling people useles potatoes when most of your played ships are https://wows-numbers.com/player/527881886,Deckeru_Maiku/:

(sorry for bringing stats but seriously you are not some super unicum to say others are bad especially when you play those ships and farm lowbies)

"farm lowbies"? No, I'm playing at a tier range I'm comfortable with. Not farming anything or anyone. Just playing to have fun. And strangely I rarely have a need to go CoOp battles to get those exp and wins for the daily containers... I go there for missions and also rarely have any problems with getting a battle done without having to search too long for a CV.

So I don't understand why it would pose such an experienced high tier player as obviously you seem to be one...

But as it seems to do... *shrug* poor You.. seems this idea will never ever be implemented and You are condemned to hunt those nasty bot CVs for all the future...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is really that hard to look where the enemy planes come from?

y'know, I really, really, REALLY rarely agree with ANYTHING You post... but this time You really nailed it. :Smile_great:

• Funny 1

Players
175 posts
4,691 battles
9 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

y'know, I really, really, REALLY rarely agree with ANYTHING You post... but this time You really nailed it. :Smile_great:

To be fair all he really said was just basic common sense.. :)

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
1 minute ago, guy_incognito79 said:

but... but.... but I AGREED with what he wrote (this time...)

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
32,534 posts
16,293 battles
17 minutes ago, guy_incognito79 said:

Which is unfortunately lacking too often with this playerbase.

People are often astounded when I post no brainers in chat at the beginning of the match, only to realize 10 minutes later, that half the team did not get it and did something else.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
32 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Which is unfortunately lacking too often with this playerbase.

People are often astounded when I post no brainers in chat at the beginning of the match, only to realize 10 minutes later, that half the team did not get it and did something else.

I usually call my team members no brainers only after a couple minutes have passed :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

Players
3,229 posts
19,214 battles

WG has been continually improving the bot AI by mimicking player behaviour.

shot-20_12.30_15_04.41-0819.thumb.jpg.db996c929d8d7bb14856adfda509c4aa.jpg

Turns out bot CVs were not very effective because players rarely engaged the autopilot, and so WG made bot CVs sail circles far away from islands, thereby also simultaneusly demonstrating their improved autopilot function as intended.

Your suggestion cannot be implemented as it would leave WG unable to collect useful data on the new and improved CV autopilot.

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
3 hours ago, Nibenay78 said:

Now if we just removed CV from all gamemodes...

If you refund all premium cvs well do it. Deal?

[_I_]
Players
1,509 posts
21,563 battles
1 minute ago, rimmer_the said:

If you refund all premium cvs well do it. Deal?

We can have an all CV gamemode. realistic and fun for all. Problem solved..

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
2 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

We can have an all CV gamemode. realistic and fun for all. Problem solved..

If I have a choice between a Smolensk/Kitakaze/Minotaur on the enemy team, or cv, Ill choose the cv every time.

[_I_]
Players
1,509 posts
21,563 battles
Just now, rimmer_the said:

If I have a choice between a Smolensk/Kitakaze/Minotaur on the enemy team, or cv, Ill choose the cv every time.

CVs are effectively a spammer that can't be avoided or killed in any effective manner. They cant even yolo on eachother unlike most other ships.

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
16 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

.They cant even yolo on eachother unlike most other ships.

They can, but it would be a instant report from me as unless the enemy cv is nearly the only ship left, that is a big waste of time.  On the other hand, some battleships also have very long ranges thatmany other ships cn not simply counter with their own guns.

I wont convince you with any fact though, if you are unwilling to accept that AA guns should not be dead weight on a ship. But think of poor Seattle,  who is only really good at creating flak.

[_I_]
Players
1,509 posts
21,563 battles

AA Guns are already dead weight against any vaguely competent CV player. Against people like @El2aZeR it is a complete waste. 

At least we agree on instant report, but I am much more generous and will do so at the start of the battle, to all CVs.

Feel free to present your facts about CVs in the CV thread though and we can see tomorrow.

[UNNF]
Players
277 posts
18,924 battles

Let's agree on killing submarines first ( both enemy and friendly one ) when they come to the game and then start the Covid Party with lots of alcohol for safety reasons :cap_popcorn: Safety first !! :cap_cool:

Deploy and Destroy - John Wick Update Gameplay [1080p/60fps] - YouTube

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
6,076 posts
23,198 battles
12 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

At least we agree on instant report, but I am much more generous and will do so at the start of the battle, to all CVs.

If those CV players are like me, that doesn't matters sh*t to them, 'cause Karma is nonexistent for me and then them... :cap_cool:

Even today some poor - opponent - DD pilot told me in chat he would report me... I didn't tell him that it was not really worth the effort, with me having 0 karma just because of my bitching about teammates every couple battles... but hey, if it made him feel better... see, sometimes I'm a nice person... in a CV... sometimes... :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this