You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Does Strasbourg make Dunkerque OP?

15 comments in this topic

Players
1,758 posts
9,402 battles

Why would you buy the same ship at a tier higher, when the tier 6 version has basically the capabilities but will never meet tier 9 opponents?

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,340 posts
18,216 battles
45 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why would you buy the same ship at a tier higher, when the tier 6 version has basically the capabilities but will never meet tier 9 opponents?

Same reason people buy Jean Bart over Richelieu. That MBRB and the ability it gives you to make full use of any broadside opportunities. Don't underestimate it. However JB/Richie are much tougher than the Dunkerque sisters, you can't get away with bow tanking big gun BBs in the lower tier ships (I've tried... :etc_swear:)

[NUKED]
[NUKED]
Players
37 posts
6,192 battles

Dunkerque is a fine tier 6. Not too good, but not bad either.

Following in a proud tradition of Christmas premiums, Strasbourg is on the weaker side owing to inconsistent guns, poor concealment and low survivability. I agree that Dunkerque is probably better tier for tier, though Strasbourg’s advantages make it arguably more interesting to play and there are better alternative tier 6 battleships anyway (Arizona for one).

[RODS]
Players
1,589 posts
7,701 battles

Suppose the reload booster is worth something

If I get it I guess I will find out if its good or not

[2DQT]
Players
401 posts
5 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

For quick games...

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,277 posts
5,706 battles
54 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

1.7 vs 1.8 sigma 51 mm more belt armour

Was about to say that I could have sworn Strassbourg feels the more acurate of the two..

Players
149 posts
4,819 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Was about to say that I could have sworn Strassbourg feels the more acurate of the two..

I quite like my Strasbourg - good fun with the reload booster and can get good pens on broadside BB’s