Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VidoDasler

1 year premium EU vs US

11 comments in this topic

[88888]
Players
14 posts
21,992 battles

Why does a year premium cost 40 EUR in the US and you pay almost 80 EUR in europe ? Any thoughts ?

[_I_]
Players
723 posts
19,481 battles
4 minutes ago, VidoDasler said:

Why does a year premium cost 40 EUR in the US and you pay almost 80 EUR in europe ? Any thoughts ?

Probably due to general buying power and general interest in the game? Because enough people in EU are stupid enough to find 80 euro a fair price? 

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,016 battles

I believe US dollar is worth less than the Euro. Then there is the fact that NA server is smaller population-wise plus the US has (now) atrocious income disparities.

Perhaps, also, WG knows they can milk more from their EU player base?

• Cool 1

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,581 battles

You can say that its before tax or whatever in US like in most goods. But its pretty common that for US dolar=euro in prices and EU usually pay more because reasons.

Its tarded that sometimes its cheaper to buy something in us ship it to eu and pay the shipping tax and still pay less -_-.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,893 posts
15,116 battles
22 minutes ago, VidoDasler said:

Because 40€ is the discounted prize. We had that too yesterday.

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,245 posts
6,912 battles

Without discount, a premium account for 1 year costs 86.39€ (I don't know the price in dollar because it shows the prices in euro when I open the NA premium shop). On EU, a year of premium costs 78.89€ so it's even less expensive.

The 40€ you saw were the discounted price. That offer was also available on EU for a few days.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,851 battles
4 hours ago, Aethervoxx said:

I believe US dollar is worth less than the Euro. Then there is the fact that NA server is smaller population-wise plus the US has (now) atrocious income disparities.

Perhaps, also, WG knows they can milk more from their EU player base?

If the US Dollar is worth less than the Euro, and assuming both packages cost "the same", then the price in US Dollars should be higher :Smile_Default:

• Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,802 posts
5 hours ago, Aethervoxx said:

WG knows they can milk more from their EU player base

so then why are the prices on NA (and Asia) 10% higher than on EU?

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,503 battles

WG makes the vast majority of its money in the EU , Seems logical the prices will be cheaper in regions where they are trying to promote growth in the game.

Is it fair? , Of course not.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-FFD-]
[-FFD-]
Players
5 posts
3,269 battles

Maybe due to time zone differences, the Opener checked exactly in that moment, when the EU price was back to normal, while the US price was still the 40€ special deal.

Wargaming offered it last year as well in the same way. Its usually the week between Christmas and New year, so dont spend all money on the Santa Boxes if you plan on getting it.

Sign in to follow this