Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AkerJack

Base XP

13 comments in this topic

[0KILL]
Players
75 posts
16,054 battles

Hi all, I have a question, is there any spreadsheet or website or just a guide where to see how many base xp give a specific action, like sinking a ship, capping, setting on fire or hitting a citadel, acquiring an achievement and so on?

Cheers

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,245 posts
6,916 battles

No, there is no such thing. We only know some basic stuff, for example that relative damage is used to calculate XP, a kill is worth the same as damaging 1/3 of a ship (as far as I know, I cannot guarantee that this number is correct) and that cap points act as a multiplier for XP.

[0KILL]
Players
75 posts
16,054 battles
46 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

No, there is no such thing

I understand the reason why it is not known, otherwise people would start to go around with calculator counting every single point earned and endlessly complain...

But on the other hand it would be interesting understand how the calculation works.

Players
7,115 posts
11,523 battles

It is also very much possible (even likely), that there are different XP modifiers for each class and even each ship. We know this to be true for Sims - which gets more XP for doing the same thing compared to other ships - and we knows this to be true for CVs - who get 10 % less XP for the same action.

Add on top, that we also know, that you get more XP for dealing damage to a ship higher than your ships tier and less XP for dealing damage to a ship a lower tier than your own and you have the perfect storm of confusion.

But I can give you an easy info, how XP is calculated: damage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the other useless stuff (objectives, spotting, tanking damage, etc) ;)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
290 posts
10,301 battles
1 hour ago, floribe2000 said:

a kill is worth the same as damaging 1/3 of a ship (as far as I know, I cannot guarantee that this number is correct)

A kill is worth 10% of ship's HP. This wiki page has pretty good info:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

25 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

It is also very much possible (even likely), that there are different XP modifiers for each class and even each ship.

Yes, each ship has it's own XP modifier and credits modifier.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
290 posts
10,301 battles

In addition to the wiki article, AFAIK there are also diminishing returns on capping (getting a 2nd cap gives less XP than the 1st). Also different ship classes get different capping XP (similar to how spotting XP is calculated differently for each class).

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, floribe2000 sagte:

cap points act as a multiplier for XP.

that's different from what I heard... that caps provide flat base XP on capture, and bonus XP for points that cap generated over course of the game. This fits with my observations, each next capture provides less XP, apparently cause those caps generate less points. Or there are diminishing rewards on muliple captures, who knows. 

• Cool 1

Players
7,115 posts
11,523 battles
3 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

that's different from what I heard... that caps provide flat base XP on capture, and bonus XP for points that cap generated over course of the game. This fits with my observations, each next capture provides less XP, apparently cause those caps generate less points. Or there are diminishing rewards on muliple captures, who knows. 

I think - and thats just what I think, absolutly no facts on that - that its all about the overall capture points achieved by one side in that game. The higher your part on the overall capture is, the more XP you get. But the maximum XP might be capped or adjusted, the higher it gets, so the calculation is somewhat dynamic. It would equally well explain your observation. But yea, there is no way to actually calculate it from results or observations, there are just way too many other influencing points during the cause of a game.

• Boring 1

[BOATY]
Players
817 posts
15,109 battles
2 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Damage trumps teamplay. All you need to know.

There is some great truth to this.

shot-20_12.30_18_31.48-0590.thumb.jpg.bf90f6220b639397f58772c6a5288a90.jpgshot-20_12.30_18_31.54-0313.thumb.jpg.c6e481ee64514633776261ae1469aadc.jpg

Sadly the wiki is a bit vague on this topic, however there is a lovely how it works video

How it Works. Economic: XP and Credits | World of Warships - YouTube

the TLDR; is as follow. Damage to bxp is % base. If you do 10k damage to a bb it will be worth less then doing 10k to a cruiser and even less then doing that same 10k to a dd. So dds, and cruisers represent the best targets for generating bxp. Capping and defending also represents a great team play aspect that generates you base xp and tends to be a great teamplay way for dds. AA is also mentioned but the amount you get for this feels extremely anemic.

So...So hunt dds, then cruisers, then bbs. Take caps, defend them, and pray for good rng when it comes to AA. If that fails find a high rate of fire HE ship with smoke and just rain fire on every BB till you break 300k.

[UA-NF]
Players
486 posts
8,005 battles
Vor 11 Stunden, 159Hunter sagte:

Damage trumps teamplay. All you need to know.

capping rewards lot of XP and silver. I had some 240k dmg games, where I was second, after a DD, who didn't do nearly as much damage but was sailing between caps

[NWP]
Players
3,154 posts
17,390 battles
3 hours ago, Perekotypole said:

capping rewards lot of XP and silver. I had some 240k dmg games, where I was second, after a DD, who didn't do nearly as much damage but was sailing between caps

No it doesn't.

And let me guess: spamming HE on BBs?

Sign in to follow this