Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TZB77

Chat ban

11 comments in this topic

[NDSI]
Players
87 posts
6,685 battles

I don't know whether this has been covered - apologies if it was (link plz) but I'm getting fed up with this....This week I have had two (mistakenly) set of friendly torps....but because I have a chat ban I cannot tell the dude which torped me all is well...stuff happens and such...Yes, I called my former (!) team '[edited]'....because they were...and suddenly 4 weeks chatban....this needs to change....imho....killing a teammate takes 5 pink battles and ur good....saying a bad word is 4 weeks non-communicado...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,107 battles
11 minutes ago, TZB77 said:

I don't know whether this has been covered - apologies if it was (link plz) but I'm getting fed up with this....This week I have had two (mistakenly) set of friendly torps....but because I have a chat ban I cannot tell the dude which torped me all is well...stuff happens and such...Yes, I called my former (!) team '[edited]'....because they were...and suddenly 4 weeks chatban....this needs to change....imho....killing a teammate takes 5 pink battles and ur good....saying a bad word is 4 weeks non-communicado...

It is funny when you complain about the team, but you yourself are someone that torps teammates...

• Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[PIKES]
Players
499 posts
11,024 battles

Perhaps you can see the replay, take note of the player's nickname, and send a private message in this forum. I don't know if is possible to write some direct message in the game messager (outside the battle chat) system after we are chat banned in the game. If it were working, you can contact him on that channel.

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,015 battles

The juvies can't handle criticism even when it's entirely justified. Heaven forbid the little Weasels feelings get hurt. 

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

A four week chatban is quite long - a ban of this length can only be applied manually after the support staff reviewed your case and decided a ban is in order. Even then you are unlikely to get a ban this long unless you keep repeating the behavior, which results in continuous, ever longer bans.

Now, I understand dealing with bad teams can be frustrating, but most of us have to do it, and most of us don’t get chatbanned, especially for that long. This is because we understand that being insulting and toxic in chat doesn’t punish the potatoes, it  punishes us. Yet you seem to keep doing it. How’s that working out for you? Teams getting any better? Enlighten me, what is the definition of insanity, again?

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,107 battles
7 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

The juvies can't handle criticism even when it's entirely justified. Heaven forbid the little Weasels feelings get hurt. 

It is absolutly no problem to criticize teammates, one should just not insult them.

When one cannot criticize without resorting to insults, the problem lies not with the teammates.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[UFAV]
Players
1 post
533 battles

people get offended far to easily and WG just caters to the masses of whiny little children that can't take criticism.

[BOATY]
Players
785 posts
15,073 battles
On 1/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, TZB77 said:

As some one who tends to get a chat ban once ever 3 months I would like to point out that chat bans are progressive in terms of punishment. So if you are chat banned for 4 weeks that means that you have already gone through the 1,3,7,14 chat bans. There are 2 ways you can get a chat ban 1. you pissed off enough people to where they reported you for misbehavior in chat and it bans you, or you said something that got flagged by the automated system for review and then the ban was issued.

Now I tend to get one of these every 3 months and I know exactly why I got them. I have never once gone over 7 days. The fact you have gotten to 28 is kind of telling and probably a really good indication to the fact you should not be talking in chat. 

Also if you are torping from behind friendly ships you deserve to be pink and you will get no sympathy from me.

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,302 posts
9,144 battles

Hello,

topic locked. I understand the frustration but there's nothing anyone can do here, if you want to appeal your chatban you can try support here.

Regards, 

Minia

• Angry 1